“Depends on what you are looking for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn

BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn
Orlando, Florida
“Depends on what you are looking for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

I wish I could give this place 2 and a half stars, but I'll be nice and round it up to 3. I don't think we'll be returning to this particular Best Western, but some people may like it.

Service - The internet did not work. Unfortunately, both my husband and myself need to at least be able to check our email accounts every 24 hours for work related reasons. We would never have booked this place if we knew this was going to be an issue. By the time we checked in, leaving wasn't really a possibility.

The room was clean, except there was a a short black hair in the bathtub. Ew. Other than that, the room was clean enough.

The lady behind the front desk was nice .

Rooms - The shower stunk (weak water pressure), but otherwise the room was ok. The walls were a bit thin, but you get what you pay for.

Location - If you want to go to the beach on a budget, this is the place. It's about a 5 minute drive from Old St. Augustine too.

If I was a 20 year old college student on a budget, I'd love this place. If you want a no frills, cheap place near the beach, come here. If you want something a little nicer, go to one of the many B&B's.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank miumiu4me
mmaxwell, Marcy Deering, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, 3 May 2010
Hi miumiu4me: Thank You for comments, I do apologise for the internet being down, we are in the middle of upgrading the entire internet set and access points. I am very sorry that you had to go through the inconvience of that. Please come back soon and give us another change. Thank You Marcy Deering, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Central FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

The entire staff was extremely kind and efficient. I could not believe all the amenities that were available to me considering the cost of my room. The groundskeeper is doing a excellent job of keeping the outside of the property beautiful and clean. You can walk to beach and restaurants very easily. My only peeve is that housekeeping needs to get on the ball plus the entire air conditioning unit inside my room needed to be cleaned up. Nevertheless, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello sweetgrits1950: Thank You for your review glad to here everyone took care of you and your needs. I will also, let Harry, our maintenance dept. know that you appericiate is work. Once again, Thank You. Come back any time.Marcy Deering, GM
Jasper, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

The room was on the first floor. We were in a busy area, but it was always quiet, not far from the front desk or breakfast area. From the font desk to the cleaning staff everyone was very friendly and any request we had was promptly taken care of. Great place centrally located to the sites and beach, we were close to area restaurants. You won't be disappointed. I plan on using this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mmaxwell, Marcy Deering, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2010
Hi alabamagrl: Thank You for the wonderful review. I have already passed it along to the entire staff. Everyone was pleased with your comments. We strive everyday to meet and greet our guests and take care of any requests as quickly as possible. Once again, Thank You very much, Come back any time you are family now.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2010

Very clean, quiet. Beach was only a short walk across the street. Close to many restaurants and bars. After checking the price against other hotels in the area I was definitely pleased with my choice!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mmaxwell, Marcy Deering.General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, 21 January 2010
Hello magocytosis: Thank You for you nice review. My entire staff looks forward to providing our guests with nice, clean accommodations, I will pass you comments on the them. Customer service it was we excel in. Come back anytime, once again,Thank you.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

We stayed at this hotel on Christmas Day. Arrived very early after driving all night from northern NY. I had requested an early check-in when I made my reservation online, but honestly did not think they would let us check-in at 10am when we arrived. To my surprise, they had my reservation ready and told me that they were expecting us. She not only let us check in, but offered us Breakfast., which was still being served. The room was clean and comfortable and there is access to the beach across the street from the hotel. I would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ridgeschips
mmaxwell, Marcy Deering, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, 5 January 2010
Hello ridgechips: Let me start with a Big Thank You for your wonderful comments. We look early in the morning for our daily incoming reservations and if at all possible, we will honor early check in and or late check-out requests since we had empty clean ready rooms, Why not let you check in? As far as offering breakfast thats what we do best here, take care of your needs, and Maria could see that you had driven long hours and could be in need of some coffee and or food. Thank you again, for your comments, We all hope to see you soon.
Goes, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2009

Booked this nice hotel early summer for 60 euro a night.
Hotel location is nice and 2 minutes from the gorgeus beach.
During our stay it was very quiet on the beach and in the hotel
(except one night when the frogs were partying all night!, they do this during rain etc)
Hotel looks nice from the outside, staff is great!
Rooms are the ones you see so many in this kind of Best Western (windows can not be openend) The hotel has got 2 floors
Beds are good, rooms has macrowave, fridge, free internet etc.
Parking was not a problem either
Breakfast is much better than you see else where.
We could see this hotel tried to do the best for us guest, thanks for that.
The small village is also nice to visit and a 10 minutes drive. Great location with culture and beautifull beaches. Try Anastacia beach/park as well, great nature.
Liked it and will come back for this price.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mmaxwell, Marcy Deering, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, 26 October 2009
Hi Janneman10: Let me start with a great big THANK YOU, for your comments, I am glad to hear that we made your stay a happy one. My staff strives to make every stay a great one. Once again, thank you and come back anytime, You are family now.

Thanks

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

My wife and I have stayed at a number of Best Western Hotels and have found the accomodations clean, comfortable and very afforable. The Seaside Inn didn't disappoint. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and nicely decorated. The vanity area was separate from the shower which made it easy for multiple people to get ready at the same time. The management was first rate. The Continental Breakfast included Hot and Cold Cereal, plus Hardboiled Eggs and Pastries. The pool was nice sized for a small Inn but the beach was just a short walk across the street from the Inn. There were a couple nice restaurants close to the Inn:eg. Mango, Mangos and the Purple Olive.
Saint Augustine Beach is a nice sleepy beach town which is just a short drive to Historic downtown. For the money, we definitely recommend the Seaside Inn. The only downside we found was the lack of an elevator to the 2nd flr. If you have heavy luggage you have to carry it up. Best to ask for a first floor room.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mmaxwell, Marcy Deering, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2009
Hello jbwright: Thank you for your very nice review, my entire staff has been able to read your review, everyone here strives to meet your expectations and exceed them. I am glad that we did so on behalf of the entire team once again THANK YOU, Glad you enjoyed your stay, come back anytime.