We rolled into St. Augustine a little unsure of whether we wanted to stay in the Old Town or in St. Augustine Beach. Since our primary purpose of visiting was photography and the primary location would be the wild bird rookery at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm, the beach seemed like a convenient location that would be quieter than in town.
We were pleasantly surprised at the rates, and the staff could not have been more genuinely friendly. The room was perfectly clean and fairly recently renovated.
The pool area provides access to the beach, which is beautiful. Not at all crowded while we were there in March (unlike Daytona an hour south)
Beach Boulevard has several eateries. We didn't try the resort's own restaurant.
All in all, a great stay for a great price...looking forward to visiting again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort offers the best of both worlds, being directly on St. Augustine Beach, and only 10 minutes to historic 'Old Town.' Hotel amenities include a full service restaurant, free Wi-Fi, direct beach access, large outdoor pool, poolside tiki bar (seasonal) and a friendly staff. A variety of room options are available in our 150-room, 5-floor hotel, ranging from ground-floor rooms which are pet-friendly to partial view rooms to direct oceanfront rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Oceanfront Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- Holiday Inn St Augustine Beach
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine Beach
- Saint Augustine Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort Saint Augustine Beach, Florida