“Great value... Great place”

Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
Louisville KY
“Great value... Great place”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Reading the most recent reviews I wonder if those people were actually staying in this hotel. We had a clean room, nice balcony (partial ocean view), comfortable bed, loved the location, and helpful staff. Really the only complaint I had was the hallways and elevators were very hot. After a day at the beach or sightseeing in St Augustine, it was good to get in the room and crank up the air. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank lyonsdm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
pa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We reserved a room for 2 nights. After one night we checked out and went elsewhere. Our room had a dead roach in by the air conditioner. A leftover hair brush on next to the dresser on the floor. It is run down, dirty dated and need of a renovation very badly and an exterminator. It was a dirty place, and I don't advise anyone to stay there. I feel I deserve a credit for the night I spent there. How they are always booked is beyond my understanding and they ought to be ashamed to charge $200 a night for such a dump. The location is good and I would suppose that is the reason why. it is located right on the beach, with a nice pool. We went down the street to another wonderful hotel for a few dollars more.

Room Tip: Room 218 has roaches. Avoid!!
1 Thank dianne24

Travellers are raving about these Saint Augustine Beach hotels

Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a huge disappointment! First of all, the photos on the website are misleading. Check in is at 4. I arrived at 4:30 to find 2 people working the counter, of which there were issues with people checking in. I waited in line for 25 minutes (yes, I timed it) before the Manager came out of his office to help.

Get through that, arrive at room & wonder if this was a prank. Room was filthy. Candy wrappers on floor by leaking A/C, hair in bathtub, stains on bedding. Not to mention the outdated decor, brightly painted rooms with peeling wallpaper, chipped paint & mold.

During the night I happened to look up & saw a bug on the ceiling over my bed. Decided to sit over on chair, reached over to grab a cup on tray with ice bucket & tray had sand on it from previous occupants.

Kids running & yelling down hallway was obnoxious. I felt the dogs there ruled.....I had to walk off the sidewalk or stand against a wall so the dogs could go by. Parking lot has many big holes - be careful.

At checkout I mentioned (to the Manager) that I saw 3 bugs throughout the night either on the ceiling or wall. He asked me what kind of bugs they were! Seriously? I'm a Banker, not an Exterminator.

Overall, I felt ripped off with the high rates I was charged.

Caye Caulker, Belize
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The resort was very nice and was great for the number of people that we had there. If I were in that area again I woulf stay there again! The staff was very helpfull to all of our needs and were verry friendly to us all.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor with a view of the pool.
Green Features: I do not have any thoughts about this at this time.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank John D
atlanta
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent the 4th July weekend, the rooms where on the 5th floor with a great view, very clean odor free, pillows Am so glad I brought mines ,theirs were so small my dad end up with neck pain! very cheap kind , plenty of towels , buffet for $10.00 not much but the omelets were good
I was told balcony with no view when i booked online surprised we had a beautiful view , actually was better I guess their "view" was looking at the pool { noisy) our rooms on the side building I still could see the city and ocean , instead of people in a little pool,
an advise DO NOT GET INTO THE POOL!, it seems with so many people in there I never smell "Pool Chlorine " instead a musty smell when you walk by, , tiki bar the best , quite at night not crowded beach, the access is was OK but a bit disappointed with Handicap accommodations
I have 12 year old child with cerebral palsy , one of his last wishes was to see the ocean
when I called I was told handicap access would be no problem , well everything was fine until I climbed the stairs with my son in my Arms quite a walk, is no wheelchair ramp! I was not able to find a handicap wheelchair in Atlanta I waited 5 months in waiting list, I was hoping the hotel would have some but they didn't, so like i said I carried my child in my arms over the long steps, then down then some how we all push his stroller trough the heavy sand I felt sad because I couldn't get him near the water, the umbrellas a bit pricey $30. a day ,
the hotel even thou is Old and not well maintain is clean very friendly. I do understand they tried to call places to see if they could find a handicap beach stroller but not having handicap ramp to go to the beach is Sad, maybe they should do something when families have children with special needs visit them . we spent 3 days my son only could visit 1 day :( ,
Our reason to go over there: less crowd beach and quite but did not work for Us, sorry guys , it was hard for my son only to see the ocean from the balcony:(

Room Tip: 5th floors rooms 521 best view
Green Features: an advise DO NOT GET INTO THE POOL!, it seems with so many people in there I never smell "Pool Chlorine " instead a musty smell when you walk by, , tiki bar the best ,
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just checked in. Honestly, did not expect a lot, though TripAdvisor rates this hotel near the top of the St Augustine Beach Hotels. I would really hate to see the entries that are not rated at this level. I'm paying over $200 with fees for tonight for a hotel I'd normally not pay $49.95 a night for. I did not expect the Hyatt, but if we had not made a reservation already and dragged the grandkids up for the weekend, we would not have stayed. Second floor, pool view, dirty window, old school "motel" style room, dark hallways, crowded pool. Jeez, not at all what we thought we were signing up for. Live and learn.

2 Thank majabu56
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very affordable and perfect distance to beach. We had the partial view room on 5th floor, but you sure got quite a view for being a partial. When the beach & beautiful sunrises are right there you really don't need the ocean view room. Hotel could use some serious renovations (which I believe I was told they're about to do) but overall for being the first ocean front hotel we stayed at with our 2 children it was a great deal. You are also walking distance to a fun putt putt golf, or just take your walk on the beach in the morning & evening hours. Simply gorgeous!!