After reading all the bad, I went with an open mind.
We booked the night before, looked for somewhere on the beach- Hard to find! Found this was the only hotel available and had a pool/some sea view. We stayed on the second floor , room #203, had a balcony, good air conditioning and a nice little bathroom. The bed was a king, I love it, especially as we have a queen at home and have to compete with 3 other animals for space. Pillows were a little on the small side, bring your own is always an option. We had a coffee pot and fridge.
The room itself was clean and options for putting away all your clothes or to hang them was there. This was not an above average hotel, but it was in a great location and the staff were all pleasant and upbeat, thank you to Sam ,And it was clean, no dust bunnies under the bed. I would stay here again, it is a pet friendly resort and anywhere you can bring your animal is a plus to me.
Could the hotel use some upgrades, absolutely! the stair wells needed some love, new paint and possibly new lighting. The elevators were always running slow towards the pool end, but patience, YOU ARE ON VACATION! Where are you rushing to?
We did not use the pool, we wanted the beach experience, but I can tell you it was clean and had music playing in the background and not too loud, so was inviting for all family members.
The pool bar, had a fun server Jeremy who was knowledgeable about the area. The bar could do with some upgrades as well. But he was well stocked up on all liquor and beer, plus items for the kids.
As you walk out onto the beach you can rent umbrellas and chairs for the day and any suntan lotion you forgot.
All in all a very relaxing hotel with a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort offers the best of both worlds, being directly on St. Augustine Beach, and only 10 minutes to historic 'Old Town.' Hotel amenities include a full service restaurant, free Wi-Fi, direct beach access, large outdoor pool, poolside tiki bar (seasonal) and a friendly staff. A variety of room options are available in our 150-room, 5-floor hotel, ranging from ground-floor rooms which are pet-friendly to partial view rooms to direct oceanfront rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Oceanfront Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- Holiday Inn St Augustine Beach
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine Beach
- Saint Augustine Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort Saint Augustine Beach, Florida