“Blast from the past”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Cloud
Budget Inn of St. Cloud
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Probably built when Disney opened, this small one story place is one of the cleanest hotels ever! Pull right up to your door, right off the main drag, easy in and out, our room had a mini fridge/ microwave, all the amenities soaps,shampoo etc. and like I said extremely clean. It would be easy to drive right on by, but why spend more? Koffee Cup Kafe right down the street serves an excellent breakfast also!

Room Tip: Stay on the backside its quieter, take a ride to the lake while you are there its really nice
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael a

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Clean. Modern. Quiet. Cheap. The place to stay in Saint Cloud!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Honestly, I stumbled into Budget by accident. I was going to check out another inn. Accordingly, I didn't even have a reservation. I ordered a room, and he offered me a better room for just five dollars more, that's 15 off it's normal price, and he asked for just on the dollar. The room was great, the shower temperature was great, and the bed was so comfortable I almost didn't want to leave. (might be just me though) The shower was good and the dispensers was a nice touch. The best thing, I needed a taxi and wasn't sure where to pick, but the inn owner actually gave me a lift himself for a price obviously, but I wasn't complaining. I needed to catch my bus. all in all, I would use the budget inn again for another short term stay. It's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Dpoet
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Our experience first started with our check-in. We arrived around 3:30pm (plenty of time to clean the room and make any adjustments). The owner then states, as he's running my card, that he was just about to install a new iron and ironing board in our room. He then calls the help to go get "the machine" out of our room and to spray some of "this stuff" as he hands her a small bottle of air freshener. Alarms, I know. But, we had to rush to make it to a wedding rehearsal.

As we step into our non-smoking room we are immediately hit in the face with the wonderful smell of moldy cigarettes, and a slight hint of Chinese cherry blossoms. We also paid for a queen bed, but we got a poor excuse of a full, disguised as a queen. I then went back to the office to complain and ask for another room. But...sorry, can't help you. Here's "the machine" though. Oh yah, no refunds. Five minutes later he's in our room talking on his cell phone and attempting to install our new iron.

Fast forward to 4:00am and we're both awakened by our complimentary sinus infections, courtesy of the moldy AC unit and cigarette smoke. We decided to cut our losses and jump ship. Later that morning, I went back to the office to check out and attempt to get a refund for our second night. NO REFUNDS. But, all of the sudden there is another room available. But we decided to get out of there ASAP.

Never could pick up their well advertised Wi-Fi either

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank noisycricket88
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Not fancy, but worth double the price. Nice area to walk behind the hotel to the lake and through the old town. I had a room where I could park 3 steps from my vehicle. I was on my way to Key West, but would have enjoyed more time in this town at this motel. I plan to return next winter and will book more days. My wife missed staying here this trip since she is flying into Key West. Too bad!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Recent three night stay Jan 17-19, 2011. Was in a back room again where it was very quiet - the motel is on the main drag which has a lot of traffic. Car parking practically at arm's length from the door. Room was spotless, beautifully painted, very comfortable bed. Everything worked ok. Average nightly total price less than $51. No breakfast included but a nice gas station/store across the street and plenty of other eating places nearby. Only negative was one bug crawling on the sink counter which I quickly chucked into the toilet. I thought ground floor, Florida. ok. Otherwise - good stay and next trip to St. Cloud I'd stay there again. Did not try the wireless internet (see other report).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CONNvacationers
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My son and I traveled to St. Cloud for a the wakesurf nationals contest. There are few places to pick from in st cloud but we were very lucky to have picked the budget inn. Spotless room, flat screen tv, no old musty smell, no stains, first class all the way, A gem of a motel! I do not usually do reviews but it was such a nice suprise I had to write.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Seasons Florida Resort
#22 of 155 in Kissimmee
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Suites Lake Front Park Kissimme
Residence Inn Orlando Lake Nona

Been to Budget Inn of St. Cloud? Share your experiences!