“Husband Likes”

Buffet City
Ranked #46 of 129 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I love Chinese food, my husband, not so much. Then we discovered Buffet City, a nice combination of Chinese and American food. My husband especially likes he can slice as much beef or ham himself ( and beef always looks fresh and medium rare, his favorite)

Seems to be a popular place, but never had a long wait, another plus. Large selection of food, English is the 2nd language, but have never had a hard time communicating. FYI they also have a senior price, but no longer list it, you have to ask.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have been to this place twice before and our experience was vey pleasant...the food was good and the employees were polite....but not today...I went with my daughter to grab lunch and when we were done we went to pay. The person that charges us, a very rude lady, started talking in another language to a person close to her....I recently started watching asian soap operas or "dramas" as they call them so, they have made me very interested in the different languages and food...when my daughter heard her, she asked me if I could guess what language she was speaking. Politely, I asked her if it was japanese...she said no...after I had to repeat the question 2 times....she was trying to ignore me.....and then proceeded to say that it was chinese mandarin....I tried to explain about why I asked her by telling her about a recent "drama" that I have been watching and she then got very serious and proceeded to tell me that that was a very bad/inappropriate show....WHAT? I am a 50 year ld woman with very high religious values and I would never mentioned anything bad to anyone, specially a rude looking to begin with "cashier" I repeated the name and then she realized it was not whatever wrong thing she thought of, but still left me "shocked" as I was and walked away....well, I will never go there again....I am too old to be treated so disrespectfully by a person like that....why on earth would I ask about God know what she heard or anything inappropriate to her? My age and my face should have told her that I was a serious person....I don't need to go out, and give my money to places that hire rude employees....no matter how good is the food.....

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have never been a huge fan of buffets and I am not a fan of this one either, especially for the price they charge for mediocre food. If I had to put a fair price on this buffet, I'd have to say it's worth $6.50.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had our engagement party at this Buffet City in St. Cloud. The staff was attentive and extremely helpful. We had the private room in the back left side of the restaurant. They let us decorate the room all we wanted and even helped us. The drinks were always full and tables constantly cleaned. We are very grateful to buffet City and the staff for helping us have a great event!!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We use this place a lot for lunch which ends around 4pm when the dinner menu (and prices) kick in. Dinner is about $11 but extra dishes are added to make up for the additional price..

All you can eat lunch buffet for around $8' with a large glass of wine or beer for about $3.50, can't be bad.

The buffet includes a sushi bar, a Mongolian bar where they cook your selection as a stir fry, an American food counter with carvery, a salad bar to start, and a large selection of buffet Chinese dishes and soup. There is also a dessert bar and ice cream to finish.

Personally I would recommend this place without hesitation.