“Great little house - perfect for our family of...”

Review of Southern Aloha

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Amber536
Westford, Massachusetts
“Great little house - perfect for our family of four.”
Reviewed 23 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We stayed April 18-22 (4 nights). This was our first trip to St. George Island. The size of the house was perfect for us. We have a 10 month old and a 3.5 year old. We brought a hammock with it's own stand and were able to use it inside when it was raining and outside on the porch when it was sunny. The porch is really nice - the sunsets are amazing! We enjoyed walking from the house to the playground/beach/Blue Parrot restaurant with our dog. We liked how non-touristy the island was and recommend visiting during mid season because it's quiet and relaxing and not so hot yet. We brought our inflatable kayak and had fun at the State Park and on the non-ocean side of the island. The first few days we visited, it was really windy/rainy and we were stuck inside. I read one of the beachy fiction books that was on the bookshelf and enjoyed the house for that. Glad we didn't rent a townhouse instead because we had only one nice sunny day while we were there so we would have gotten cabin fever!

The house isn't fancy and it's somewhat dated (popcorn ceilings, metal white miniblinds, some pet stains, older bathrooms, etc) but it was very comfortable for us and we thought it was a good value. I brought my own pillow. My boys enjoyed playing in the dirt under the house, and my husband enjoyed playing frisbee with our dog out in the large yard. The dirt roads flood a bit in heavy rain.

Amenities included:
Bathtub in each bathroom
Pack n play fits in main bathroom (no room darkening curtains anywhere so we needed to put it here to separate our kids and have it darker.) Brought our noisemaker and it worked well!
Washer/Dryer - no laundry detergent included
Dishwasher - dish detergent and dishwasher detergent included - includes sponge and kitchen towels
Both couches pull out into beds but I'm not sure if they include sheets for both (we didn't use these)
DVD/VCR/Cable and possibly CD stereo (we didn't use if so) in family room
DVD/TV/Cable in kids bedroom
No TV in Master Bedroom
Ceiling fans in each room
Central A/C
Lots of kitchen pots/pans/dishes - probably everything you will need. No electric skillet but we used frying pans for pancakes and French toast. We only ate out once.

Not included:
crib/pack n play (we didn't ask)
high chair (we brought ours - again, didn't ask if it could be furnished)

Overall great value. Would probably stay here again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Large porch, sunsets, two full bathrooms, laundry, books provided, decor, spatious open rooms
Liked least: Mildew on shower curtain liner, could use more colorful paint than stark white, no room darkening curtains
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Georgia

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 55-64
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
Management Response
14 Dec 2009
Thank you for responding to our request for feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Southern Aloha. We pride ourselves in having a variety of properties available to suit all needs and price ranges. Thank you for reporting the ceiling problem, we have passed this information on to our maintenance department. We value your patronage and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Cordially, Resort Vacation Properties
Ga
Reviewed 1 July 2009 for a stay in June 2009

Liked best: Not too crowded
Liked least: The shower
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing