“Great location and beach view”

Review of Seaesta

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jennifer...
Nashville, Tennessee
“With this property, it is all about the view”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

I have just returned from SGI after a week long stay in this property with my parents (who rented the property and whose name was on the rental agreement) and my family. I have been coming to SGI almost every year for 25 years although most times we visit in the summer. We love Resort Vacation Properties and always rent through them but this is the first time I have felt compelled to review a particular property on TA. The good - the home has amazing views, a covered/screened porch to retreat from sun/rain, spacious common area, better than average quantity pots/pans, charming decorations - lighthouse photos and colorful fish, small pool, and lots of pool and outdoor furniture. The bad - the pool is a curvy shape so yes it is 11 feet across at its widest "bowl" but its overall feel is small; the pool is not heated so even though it was mid to high 80's all week, the water was too cold to be enjoyed long as the pool only gets sun part of the day; the floors in much of the house were reminiscent of classroom floors-old dirty tile that had to be swept multiple times per day due to sand tracking, we have never stayed somewhere that we kept our flip-flops on the entire time; the living room sofa and recliners are completely sat out and need to be replaced; the 2 bedroom TVs with built in VCRs should be replaced-they are in the twin rooms which are most likely going to be occupied by kids as was the case with us and my daughter couldn't watch her movies in her room; the common room needs curtains or blinds or some way to be in compliance with the lights out order for the sea turtles; this home did not feel like it had been cleaned to the same level as other RVP homes in which we have stayed - I had to wash the sheets in the bedroom my husband and I used because they had dog hairs and long people hairs on them; and there are no grill utensils in the place other than a rusted set of tongs which no one would use on food.
I realize this is a long list of "issues" but what really resonated with all of us is the great potential this property has. Some furniture upgrades and a change in flooring would go a long way as well as some minor cosmetic fixes (caulking pulling away from hall bathroom sink, major popping on deck nails, etc). We have stayed in other SGI/RVP homes that are better appointed and more polished but with lower rates only because they are across the street versus BF. Of course, I am comparing non-discounted rates because we always take advantage of advanced reservations and repeat renter discounts. However, I can honestly say I could never pay full price for this property and not feel cheated even with the amazing view.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and ease of beach access
Liked least: Pool location during October - in full shade by early afternoon
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
21 Oct 2013
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Seaesta. We always have such good reviews on this home due to its location and ease of access to restaurants and shopping on the island. The views are simply amazing! Because of the coastal construction line and DEP regulations homeowners have to submit proposals and building plans to the county planning and zoning board for approval and other agencies to obtain permitting for a pool. This governs the size and location of the pool. I'm so sorry you found housekeeping issues. We urge each guest that checks in to notify us immediately of any issues found. Our housekeeping staff would have come down immediately to rectify the problems. We also have an extensive selection of kitchen equipment available for use in our housekeeping office if you have requests for missing items. I will pass on your suggestions of the décor and furnishings to the homeowner for review. We understand that since the property is on a beach, sand may be tracked in but because this owner allows pets, they chose a flooring that would be easy to maintain and not have to worry with carpet stains. We are in the process of determining which homes need improvements or upgrades since we are in the off season. This would include making sure that all beachfront windows have coverings for guest use and protection of wildlife. Thank you for letting us know of the nails on the decks and the bathroom sink. We have had maintenance inspect and correct these items for the next guest. Because our homes are individually owned, rates will vary by location and or property size and the amenities the property may offer. We do appreciate your repeated business with us and we hope to see you again soon on the island!

Respectfully submitted,

Resort Vacation Properties of St. George Island, Inc.
GA
Reviewed 13 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

13 Sep 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us. Seaesta is a great house and one of the most popular because of the location on the beach. It’s close to everything and has does have fantastic views! Our marketing department is in the process of taking new photos and we will update the website as soon as they have been processed. Thank you for your suggestions on the TV’s, door mats and the keyless entry system; we will definitely pass those on to the homeowner for review. We hope to see you on the island again soon!

Resort Vacation Properties of St. George Island, Inc.
TN
Reviewed 4 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Recommended for:
Older travelers
Tenn
Reviewed 23 January 2012 for a stay in July 2011

23 Jan 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation rental feedback with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your summer visit to Seaesta. Thank you for the thoughtful suggestions on the items you’d like to see amended in the home. We have passed your comments on to the homeowners for their review & consideration. Thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to having you back as our guests again soon.
Best Wishes,
Resort Vacation Properties
Atlanta
Reviewed 23 January 2012 for a stay in July 2011

katefur
“The beach view and pool were terrific”
Reviewed 9 December 2011 for a stay in September 2011

I love the beach at St. George Island, Florida because it is not very crowded and dogs are encouraged. . We have rented from Resort Vacation Properties for the past four years. The are very friendly and helpful. Getting your house key or door combination after hours is very simple. They take care of their rentals. If there is any type of problem, they respond immediately. The houses we rent are all pet friendly but I have never experienced any odors or damage in any of the Resort Vacation Properties.

The house we rented this September was Seaesta. It had 3 bedrooms and 2 baths on the first floor and 1 bedroom and bath on the second. The living room, with all windows on the beach side was wonderful and would be so any time of the year. I love to read on the deck in the mornings and watch the dolphins swim by. Off of the master bedroom was a screened porch which meant you could have the door open to hear the ocean without worrying about privacy, insects or anything else. The pool was small but definitely a treasure.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being on the beach side of the island
Liked least: No curtains in the living room to close at night
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Alabama
Reviewed 31 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Location Check-in / front desk
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
31 Mar 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased that you found Seaesta to be a peaceful retreat. We apologize that you experienced trouble with the dishwasher. We are pleased to report that no further issues have been reported. With regards to the heating of the pool – many of our homes offer the option to heat the pool for an additional fee. Should you like to have the pool heated at one of our properties, just call a few days ahead of time & we will be happy to arrange that for you. Seaesta does not offer a heated pool at this time. We apologize that we could not move you because of the unavailability of a heated pool at Seaesta. Because our homes are all independently owned, unlike a hotel - we are unable to relocate guests without specific authorization. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your patronage & look forward to having you back as our guests again soon.
Best Wishes,
Resort Vacation Properties
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing