“Crazy and too short”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Trudy H
Marietta, Georgia
“Unsure and a tad disappointed !”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Read the prior review and panicked. My family after a lot of research, including a weekend here in St George to scope things out, booked Beach Thyme for a week starting today and concluding next Saturday. I say I panicked because seeing a headline "filthy " when you have saved and paid out over $3,000 for a "Dream" home tends to panic one. So emailed Resort Vacations to ask WT.... I was really concerned and when I didn't hear back I telephoned got voice mail. I still have not heard back from anyone but I am here now so too late I suppose to worry anymore. Every year at this time the whole family gather at a beach location with ex's and kids and grand kids it's a time to be happy and remember and yes also a time to cry about our missing family member my sweet son in whose honor we meet. So, as you can understand where we stay is important we have enough to worry about let alone if a house is not up to par. So, with a sinking panicked feeling not knowing what to expect I arrived. The first family member the rest arriving on Monday and Wednesday. So what did I find? First off the home is in the gated part of the island in The Plantation. It's the first turn on the left so not far from the entrance and exit that's a plus. Then when I saw the house was on the corner I was relieved it was right there near the walkway to the beach yeah! now I am feeling hopeful that perhaps the prior reviewer just got it wrong. The steps up to the home look daunting but my old knee made it thankfully. Up to the dirty looking front door... Oops! That hopeful feeling started to sink. We opened the door and now I am just not sure. Am I swayed by the prior reviewer? Am I being picky? There were dust bunnies on the floor and I took a picture of them why I have no idea but a quick sweep took care of that. I guess first impression was it was quaint but sort of shabby. The furniture is worm and looks slightly sad and yet it still has an almost proud feel about it. So, I am reserving judgement. until the week is up. I am going to keep an open mind and a grateful heart to be at the beach. Wish there had been some beach towels though and a few more plates that were not chipped but those are small things I suppose the important thing is we will be together. Ok I will report more after we have spent some time here. But well worn is my first impression right now.
I have to pick a thumbs up or down so I will pick thumbs up but that may change.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with pets
Reviewed 27 July 2014 for a stay in August 2013

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
11 Aug 2014
Dear "Filthy"

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Beach Thyme last August. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had and that the property did not meet your expectations. We have researched the reservation and found that housekeeping was sent each time you called for service. Unfortunately, deep cleans cannot be performed during the high season months due to time constraints between the arrival and departure of guests. These are done in the off season months annually. After several attempts to "make it right" we agreed to upgrade you to Bonnie by the Sea. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent accommodations for a relaxing beach vacation in the future!

Resort Vacation Properties of SGI

Reviewed 11 October 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Check-in / front desk
Northbrook IL
Reviewed 3 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: privacy of location and kitchen equipment
Liked least: One mattress too soft; one cockroach spotted in upstairs bedroom
Travelling group: Family (extended)
GA
Reviewed 27 January 2009 for a stay in July 2008

Value Rooms
Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The easy access to the beach!
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
athens georgia
Reviewed 27 January 2009 for a stay in July 2008

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing