“LOVELY oysters and drinks”
Review of Oyster Bay Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2012

And the caramel salt cake was outstanding. The wait staff was also stellar. Some of the people at our table, however, were not so happy with their choices, so stick with the local food if you go.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I took my finace to George Island for his Birthday, and wanted to take him to a nice restaurant for dinner. I chose The Oyster Bay Bar and Grill, what a huge mistake! We walked up the staircase and stood at the hostess station for at least 4-5 minutes before we were greeted, once we were seated we looked around and noticed a spider web hanging from above our table, and yes there were (HUGE) live spiders coming out of the webs. We tried to ignore the bugs, and enjoy the nice view. We ordered a Crown and Coke and a glass of red wine. The wine was ok, but the drink they brought was not Crown (not anywhere near the flavor of Crown), however we were told that it was and charged for it. We stuck with our water, and ordered our entrees, a steak and blackened Mahi. When the food came out we each took a bite of each others, and both started choking on the Mahi. It was soaked in Blackening seasoning and neither of us could stop coughing...COMPLETELY AWFUL! the steak was ok, at least it was edible, so we shared that and asked for the bill. The server did remove the Mahi from our bill, but we both agreed we would never, ever come back to this place. Each entree was approx $24-$35 and a HUGE waste of money. Unfortunatley this place needs a lot of attention and we would not reccomend it to anyone.

3  Thank hurleygirly360
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We were playing pool and the bartender told me that if I played the jukebox that the people watching football would cut me. Really bad experience. We were just playing pool and wanted to hear some music and the bartender told us we better not play the jukebox and just leave.

1  Thank loralei777
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Yes, I meant that - best 12-bite meal on the gulf. Oysters Capt. Jack. Baked oysters with jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and bacon. 12 for $10. Add a glass of chardonnay and still under $16 for the meal! Yum. Server was nice, the place was almost deserted. Come on, don't let a nice place like this fail for lack of business.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Had a Great Dinner and a nice view overlooking Apalachicola Bay - could see the local oyster fishermen out there working to catch tomorrow's dinners. Their Oysters Rockefeller, their Crab Cakes, and their Blue Crab Claws all were excellent. I'd rate it as one of the top 2 best restaurants on the Island. (The Blue Parrot being my other top choice.)