“Amazing house on a lovely island”

Review of Making Waves

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tigpvb
Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
“Amazing house on a lovely island”
Reviewed 10 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

My family and I just (today) returned from a week at Making Waves in St. George Island, Florida. I can't say enough good about it.

All Florida gals, none of us had been to the panhandle. So off we went, five women, my sister's boyfriend, and my giant Alaskan Malamute dog. A full house under the best of circumstances, this house handled us all, with great aplomb!

We rented the house through the management company's web site, and found them easy, friendly and helpful. From the online information we had high expectations for the house and were not disappointed. Each bedroom had an ensuite bath, two of which were master suites. Lots of windows and porches and comfortable places to enjoy the sun, sand and surf. Plenty of comfortable seating, some covered, some sunny, together with an "easy" beach walkout made for a terrific beachfront experience. And for the dog and my mother there is an elevator. The pool was comfortable, clean and oh so nice. There are plenty of pool toys on site (a couple more this week) . The hot tub was clean, warm, and bubbly, with great lighting features!

The furnishings were sturdy, clean, well-kept, and comfortable. The house has a beachy theme, but in a clean-lined, modern way. No ticky tacky shells and knick nacks. Some really well placed art and cool accent pieces set off the real show stopper, the views!

The kitchen boasted good equipment, a wide open floor plan, with plenty of serving bowls, plates, silverware, pots and pans, and related doo-dads. The promised starter supplies of paper towels and soaps were very generous (not to mention the thousands and thousands of coffee filters)...

Full size refrigerator/freezers upstairs and down meant plenty of room for all the goodies we brought and a small refrigerator for drinks and snacks on the second floor meant no one went thirsty.

The icemaker at the house did not work (and a note said so), but only two blocks away we bought 20lbs of bagged ice (enough for the week) for $2.50. Fair warning, the supplied grill is only a small park grill (read "CHARCOAL") (I missed that until we arrived). Note, Jolly Roger four blocks away rents EVERYTHING, including it seems, gas grills. Within an hour of our rental request, they delivered the grill clean and with a FULL tank of gas with a smile.... Hard to beat that!

Something nice to note, apparently the management company has the house linens cleaned in a commercial laundry....unlike a lot of beach rentals where the linens are washed on site in the property's washer and dryer. This means the towels and sheets are sterilized like at a hotel. Unexpected and appreciated!

Just four blocks away, the St. George Island Market had a little of everything, reasonably priced, while Some Like It Hot made WONDERFUL fresh baked bread and offered freshly made bakery treats. The owner was friendly and even called the baker to confirm ingredients to assist with a friend's allergies.

Having read the glowing reviews we had dinner one night at the Blue Parrot. Good food, friendly service, reasonable prices. Give it a try!

One caution on the elevator, it's small. Two or three adults (or two adults and a giant dog). Not sure a full-size wheelchair will fit (although a smaller one would fit)....and everything in the house starts on floor two.....

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house was wonderful
Liked least: Sea weed on the beach (thanks to the recent hurricane)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Cartersville Ga

People with disabilities Older travelers
Ohio
Reviewed 23 January 2012 for a stay in July 2011

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing