“Beautiful sunset cruise, with dolphins”

Journeys St George Guided Boat Tours
NC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful sunset cruise, with dolphins”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Took a 2+ hour boat ride with three generations of family members during the week of 4th of July. Captain Russ has been on St. George Island for 10+ years, and knows the water, the wildlife, and plenty of local history. Our kids and parents had a great time too. Seeing the dolphin ride in the wake of the boat was fabulous.

Recommended!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank JaybirdNC

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“More than we imagined!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

When I first call Journey’s to set something up, I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I explained that we had a 6 year old and a 10 month old so we needed something to keep everyone happy. They had great suggestions and set us up with Captain Paul and he was fantastic! We went out on a boat for Fish and Fun and got more than we expected. Captain Paul not only helped us find dolphins, he got them to play in the wake of our boat- we must have seen 20 dolphins while out on the water with him! Even the 10 month old enjoyed seeing the dolphins. After shelling we saw a manatee, which we weren’t expecting to see. We spent the rest of the time fishing. Captain Paul was so knowledgeable about the area, the fish and the best way to catch fish in the bay. He was so patient and kind helping teach my 6 year old how to fish! I will definitely use Journey’s again and request Captain Paul.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank Caitlin B
Middleburg, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great way to enjoy the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

If you don't have a boat, you need to check out Journey. We took a two hour cruise with Captain Russ. He was very friendly and knowledgeable about wildlife and the Island. We went shelling, saw the sunset and a few dolphins. Our kids loved the chance to be out on a boat!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank cheryl d
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ride of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Many thanks to Captain Jeremy for an amazing tour! We spent 2 hours in the water and got to see countless dolphin, 2 sea turtles, and even a HUGE manta ray (wingspan around 5.5-6.5 feet!). Jeremy knew just where to find the dolphins and how to get them to play in the wake of the boat! We had an amazing trip and would recommend it to everyone!

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Dawnetta W
Zionsville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Four kids on a dolphin excursion....Best Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I know I have posted before about Captain Jeremy, but that was about an adult fishing trip, this is different!
I ventured to take my four children out to watch dolphins in their real habitat, and my children had "one of the best days ever," per my eldest child. I have a 10, 7 and 4 1/2 year old twins who all went with me on this trip with Captain Jeremy.
Never once did I feel that we were unsafe, or that the boat was going to fast, in fact, before we would start to move the boat, Captain Jeremy did a seat and child check....talk about putting me at ease.
The dolphins seemed to know Captain Jeremy's boat as he could find dolphins and then play with them with the spray off the back of the boat. The dolphins would jump and spin for the kids. They would chase the boat swimming under and around the boat close enough for us to make eye contact and feel as if we started having our own personal relationship with them.
We docked at Little St. George for the kids to run around on this uninhabited island which was fun for adventure play too.
If you are looking for something to do and you have kids with you, I can personally promise you a great time with Jeremy as your Captain!
Enjoy this island and we always do each year.

Visited May 2014