“It's at the beach!”
Review of Buccaneer Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. George Island
Buccaneer Inn
Cherokee, North Carolina
“It's at the beach!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Ok, so it's at the beach. Great view of the ocean. Old beach hotel, clean, rough towels, cheap soap. It's not the Ritz but the Ritz is not on St. George Island. The room was large and spacious. The pool was clean. The decks, porches, and access to the beach was great. The door did not shut well so I used a chair to feel safe. but it's on the beach!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Airitout

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great location and great price, but...

Rooms and property very dated and in need of upkeep.
No internet service
Beds not very comfortable
Nothing to write home about

Its too bad, because it is in a great location on a fantastic island. I would spend a little more and get something a lot more comfortable. Great place for college kids on spring break.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, pay extra for the beachfront rooms they might be better.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 222joco

Travellers are raving about these St. George Island hotels

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We love it. It is on one of the best beaches in America, it is affordable, it is clean, the folks there are very friendly and accommodating. And, as a special bonus, you can get a courtesy late checkout and, even keep your car there in the lot after checkout if you want more beach time. We highly recommend it and have stayed there often and will again!

Room Tip: Southside, facing pool, 2nd floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
GA
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have been a regular at the motel for 12+ years now, my family & I (or sometimes just me) stay here multiple times a year. It amazes me at the bad reviews this place gets. Like I said we stay here ALOT & we have stayed in every room the inn offers.
I will agree that this place needs a major reno but the rooms are ALWAYS clean (we tend to stay upstairs as we feel down gets more "traffic") One thing that I love is that it's the same people working here year after year! I've come know several of the employees and consider them "bucc family" My wife & I enjoy sitting on the back deck and listening to what customers have to say about the place, we have never encountered anyone with a negative attitude, however I do recall one couple we became friendly with during a weeks stay (our kids were constant playmates) we checked out at the same time & all they could do was complain! I being unable to hold my tongue I questioned everything she was saying & what it boiled down to was the pool was open late one day! (10:30) and for that reason alone her whole weeks vacation was ruined.... The way I see it, you CAN NOT please everyone & they always want a reason to gripe and complain! I will continue to visit the motel every year, more than once a year and if the rest of you choose not to, hey that's more room for me and my family of 5! This is a wonderful place and does not deserve the negativity it's receiving lately.

p.s My family was sad to learn that April will be leaving soon, she really is "awesome" as others have stated and to me is like the glue that helps hold that place together

Room Tip: Like I said we always try to stay upstairs
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DB3175
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed at the Buccaneer Inn on Saint George Island 8/10/2013, after running in the Saint George Sizzler. I was a little concerned as I knew it was an older hotel.

From the time that I made my reservation to the moment that I checked out, I found the service helpful and friendly. The room was clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. Our room had a coffee pot, microwave and small fridge. Everything was clean and fresh!

I will go again!

Room Tip: We stayed pool side.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Cordova
Reviewed 2 August 2013

So, we were passing through going to Captiva and decided to stay 2 nights at St. Georges. The island itself is wonderful! Much less busy than Destin and Panama and the locals are extremely friendly. However, we booked at the Buccaneer Inn mainly based on reviews on here. We paid $175/ night for a "deluxe" room. We were so shocked when we arrived. The grounds are very unkept! The bottom floor and elevator smell horrible. The rooms are very outdated with nasty carpet. The access to the beach from the "deluxe" rooms are overgrown and the showers haven't worked in ages. Once again BEWARE! This place is terrible and we will never stay again. To each his own, but if you are looking for something in the $175 price range you will be HIGHLY disappointed. If you are looking for something that is equivalent to a $80/night hotel this may be OK for you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Ashley C
cascade
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Gross, gross, and again...gross! The rooms smelled of mildew to the point of being offensive and almost unbearable. The carpet was actually soggy. UGH! There were paint tracks left by painter on carpet. I really made a point to touch as little as possible. Finally, thus far we spent more there for a rom than any other hotel on this vacation. Ripped off, baby! My advise....DON"T STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola
Coombs House Inn
Coombs House Inn
#1 of 3 in Apalachicola

Been to Buccaneer Inn? Share your experiences!