“Still Good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Have not been to SGI in a few years but made it the last week of July. Had to go to the Blue Parrot for crab claws! Food is still good and view of the beach is nice. Went for lunch and got a table right away. Service was fine too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Came here with a party of 7, Wednesday at about 5pm. We tried a few nights earlier around 8 or so, but there was at least an hour wait, so we came early. Our server was the best of our entire trip, I wish I could remember her name. She was the highlight of our meal. Prices are bit high, food portions mediocre, and as others have pointed out, weak drinks. I still do not believe there was any tequila in my margarita, it was pretty much all mix. The view though is beautiful. If they worked on their food portions/quality this place could be amazing.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Blue Parrott has great location on beach. However, service is poor and food is average. Food prices are high for value and portions.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Went on Thursday night did get a seat outside for 10 in less than 20 mintes. The drinks were very weak, the view is over the beach however you can't see a lot from the table, the food definitely needs help, the cheese grits came out in a foam bowl and where it had been sitting had a ledge where it has shifted, the taste was horrific, as was the fried oysters, the two I tried had something hard like rocks in them, the stuffed shrip...the dressing was warm on top, shrip cold on bottom, of 10 in our party no one enjoyed the food quality even the kids disliked the chicken figers, definitely $150 down the drain, if your looking for a nice meal go elsewhere. Will not return.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I feel like 3 is too low, but to call it "very good" is a bit of an overstatement. We ate here twice - once just my husband and I and once we brought my 12 yr old son. The food is pretty good. I had a mahi reuben the first time, which was good, and my husband had fried grouper fingers basket which was pretty darn good. We don't drink a lot of fru fru sweet drinks, but enjoy them from time to time when at the beach and such. Both time we got mixed drinks, they were pretty weak - a lot of mix, but not much booze. Not that we're looking to get drunk but you know...

When we came back with my son he wanted chicken fingers (b'c I'd been forcing him to eat seafood for days because -- we're at the sea!), and we almost ordered from the adult menu until I realized it was like $15 for the adult basket, and only $6 for the kids - which turned out to be more than enough for him.

I got the grouper tacos, I don't know what my husband ordered. But my strongest memory of that meal is what happened to me afterwards. Let's just say, it wasn't pretty, and I wasn't able to walk all the way back to our rental, less than hour after eating. And my stomach wasn't okay for 3 days afterwards.

I give this 3 stars (circles?) because that was f'g horrible. But I don't give it less, because I'm the only one of my family that had an issue, and only once out of twice going.

I'm sure it could happen to anyone. Right....?