“out of business”

Add it.
Hobo Canal View Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This restaurant is no longer opened on Pine Island Florida.
What was once the restaurant is now a real estate office.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stopped for lunch but chose a couple of omlets, blue cheese, tomato, bacon for me and feta cheese, spinich and tomato for lady j. It came with a choice of toast or pancakes and potatoes or grits. We both chose the red potato homefries and they were excellent.

The building is real old time Florida in colors and decorations inside, nothing fancy just hometown feel. You can buy a painted coconut fish in your favorite team colors if you were from the midwest.

2  Thank Hobomonty
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Visited Hobo's Cafe while sight-seeing on Pine Island, first trip to Pine Island. Decided to give Hobo's a try, it was lunch time and we were traveling with family member who has diabetes and needed to stay on regular meal time. What a great lunch it turned out to be. Inside was typical ecletctic waterfront decorted coconuts and fun stuff. Small (not sure if they had seating out on canal. They did out front, but weather was too cool to sit outside. I got the shrimp basket, tons of lightly battered medium size shrimp, fries and cole slaw. So good and plentiful. DH got the fish sandwich (Basa or Baja fish) and it was really good. Again, lightly battered and sweet, white meat. Served with fries and cole slaw. DS got fish chowder, a huge bowl. It came a little on the cool side, but waitress easily took it back and re-heated it. Again, a great soup. Came with side basic side salad, crisp and delicious dressing. Waitress was really helpful and a plus for us, my DS is deaf and waitress was very attentive and not at all stand-offish towards her. A definite plus as a server and person showing care. Will definitely be going back to Hobo's to try out some of the other goodies on the menu. The reason for the "Very Good" rating, do not like cole slaw/cocktail sauce/tartar sauce prepackaged in little plastic tubs. The cocktail sauce had a skim top on it from having been in container too long. That will not keep me from returning.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

My Wife and I visited this little cafe in St. James City for breakfast during our last visit to her Mom & Dads house on Pine Island, and we are happy that it is so close to their house because we will difinitely be back. The food was excellent as was the service. Very quick, very reasonaly priced, and delicious. I had the breakfast burrito and it was huge! The Mimosas were also a treat. Two Thums Up!

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Hobo's is the home of down home cooking! I especially love the Hot Meatloaf sandwich and omlets! Everything is prepared in the kitchen and reminds me of back on the farm type cooking. A trip to Pine Island with lunch (they close at 2PM Weekdays) at Hobo's is a great trip! Sunday they are only open till noon and serve breakfasts. This is one of my most favorite places to eat!