“fishing trip april12 13 14 2012”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Marks
Shell Island Fish Camp
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Marks
Bethlehem, Georgia, United States
“fishing trip april12 13 14 2012”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

went down with 15 other fellows for fishing trip had 3 cabins and two rooms had a blast rooms were clean plenty towels avavaible caught plenty of fish would reccomend fish camp to anyone who loves the florida gulf coast. been coming to this area since 1972 seen changes but mostly for the good!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael D

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Took me back in time and reminded me of some of the places I stayed with my parents as a young kid. Time has not changed the Fish Camp. Great area that has not been over run with asphalt, chain hotels, and Wal-Marts. If you like Old School this is the place to stay. Owners are friendly and make your stay very enjoyable. Will be back as much as time will allow.
Remember....."skeeters" are native to the area so go with a good supply of deet.

Room Tip: Rates very reasonable. If you do not require stove and separate sleeping rooms suggest the park mode...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ricky b
Monroe, Georgia
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I have been coming to Shell Island since I was 9 years old 1976. My family enjoys coming to Shell Island to fish. Everyone at Shell Island treats you like family, that makes it enjoyable to stay there with my family. I took my 8 year old son in Oct. of 2009 for his first trip to Shell Island to fish and he enjoyed so much we are headed back there on the 15th of Oct 2010 and the 29th of Oct, for two more fishing trips. My bubbies and I are taking our sons on the 15th and the entire family will go on the 29th. I cann't think of another place that I enjoy more than Shell Island. Allen I hope you and Ruthie enjoy your retirement,as well as Ken, Jimmy and Sherie look forward to seeing yall in a couple of weeks.

Matt Greer Monroe Ga.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank Mattcode77
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We visited over memorial weekend, with kayaks and bikes in tow. We selected this place for location, what we thought was value, and the quaint little fish camp itself.

Well we could've overlooked the mold on the shower curtains, and the roaches and skeeters in the room upon entering, "during daylite". The room was NOT clean, and clean is pretty cheap, and of great value, in my book.

The topper for me was something as simple as coffee. Gotta have it in the morning. No pot in the room, which is fine. But, there was a pot in the office, where they take donations for the coffee. My first cup was bottom of the pot, but I still donated a buck. When asked if I could make a fresh pot, the reply was: Are you gonna drink it all? I said probably not... And the reply back was, No, it's 9:30 in the morning, and we aren't gonna waste it....! UnbelievABLE customer service reply! I had no reply, cuz I was speechless.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank kmtorrence
Ocala,FL
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My husband and I decided to ride the St Marks/Tallahassee State Trail and chose this place to stay. We were very pleased. We were just down the road from the trail and rode to Tallahassee and back. Had dinner and lunch at 2 different restaurants in this small town.

The Fish camp has a motel as well as cabins. When I called I was asking about a motel room but the nice lady who I talked to indicated that they had "Park Models" and that they were closer to the water. They were only a few dollars more so we chose one of those. It was a small park model trailer with 2 double beds, small kitchenetter and front porch. We parked our truck right at the front of it and felt very comfortable leaving our bikes on the truck. We ended up staying 2 nights and visited the lighthouse and several wildlife management areas. The camp has boat docks as well as boats for rent along with a small store for supplies. Next time we might rent a boat.

Overall, very nice trip and we recommend this place to stay.
Looks like many boaters already know about it as it was very busy.

7 Thank Lindaosm
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
#19 of 58 in Tallahassee
Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central

Been to Shell Island Fish Camp? Share your experiences!