“Watch your money”
Review of The Undertow

The Undertow
Ranked #6 of 16 Nightlife in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I live in the area and I have been to the Tow many times. Let me tell you about the last two and final times. You can't run a tab without handing over your credit card. So I pay cash.
I bought one beer and gave the barmaid a twenty dollar bill,she threw the change in her tip jar. I asked for my change she said oh you want that back. I said people give you a twenty a single beer and she said Yeah all the time. I got my change and an attitude with it. This happened again about a week later different girl same attitude. I'm done!

1  Thank Tackless

Reviewed 7 October 2012

The Undertow is awesome. Sits right on the beach. Volleyball out back. Beautiful and sweet bartenders. More craft beers than I can count. Renovated open air pool room. Food delivered from Smileys. Come enjoy a beautiful Gulf sunset at the best beach bar on SPB!

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Went here fir the first time this past weekend. Great spot on the beach to sit and enjoy the views with drinks. Only bad thing is no food is served. There is an independent food stand just outside the doors that sells pizza/hotdogs. If you want more than that to eat your out of luck.

1  Thank lexus873
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Undertow is one of my favorite places ever! He hung out there on a girl's trip and had a fantastic time.
The food is really good. The tuna sandwich and burgers are to die for, and the price is great. Watch out for the birds though. I had some fries sitting on the table and a bird flew down and sat in the basket and stole my fries. Yuck!
The outdoor seating is so nice and has a great view. A steel drummer was playing outside when we got there. Ah! There was a mix of ages of people eating and socializing. After the sun went down, we went inside and watched a football game. Their tv's are really big and clear.
I would recommend the Undertow to anyone who wants to enjoy great service and beautiful ocean scenery. It is the perfect way to spend an afternoon.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Went here because we were staying next door. The undertow is apparently under construction. They are renovating so don't be alarmed by appearance. The beers are cold and prices are good for area. Views from patio bar is great. It's hard not to have a great view anywhere on St Pete. The bartender that waited on us the first day was talkative attentive and friendly. We ran up about a 100 dollar tab tipped well. I was a bartender in Chicago for a while so I definitely tip well for great service. The second day same bartender but bar had more locals in this time and our service seemed to dissipate. Sad but true. But when service goes so does tips so it's a lose lose situation. I would still recommend checkIng this place out at least once