“Awful!!!!!”
Review of The Undertow

The Undertow
Ranked #6 of 17 Nightlife in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Visited this bar with two other couples on our annual trip to St. Pete beach. Bartender would not even wait on us cause we weren't single guys looking at her 12 year old little boy figure! She basically told us the bar behind us served beer! We will never return!

1  Thank mkk79
There are newer reviews for The Undertow

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I discovered this place when getting some new glasses at Visionworks in Tyronne, when the sales lady there recommended it to me as somewhere different to go on St Pete's Beach (I never knew it existed).
It's a chilled out place right by St Pete's Beach and went with friends one weekday lunchtime.
We ordered a bucket of Buds and sat beachside.
They didn't serve food but you can order food from the place next door which I did on my Cell.
The food is standard beachside fayre but very tasty.
Less tax, for 4 people, it came to about $50.
I can't say we were blown away by the service but in fairness our needs were minimal.
I would imagine in peak season it gets pretty crowded.
It does have parking (limited) which is useful.
Definitely recommend as a "cool" place to go.

1  Thank Greatblackhawk
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We vacation at St Pete Beach every May for the past 7 years and have always wanted to stop in and check this place out. Well, I dont need to go back here! Although we did have a good time playing pool you really have to watch the bartenders. We were short changed twice and by two different girls. Certainly not good for business. There are a ton of better bars on the beach!

2  Thank blkllem
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Don't go here if you don't like eclectic, funky atmosphere. Old hotel converted into a beach bar. No riff raff here. Bartenders wear cool bathing suits and bar has water running through it! Employees give great service. Kitchen is closed right now but good food can be ordered and delivered from their sister restaurant. Volleyball and fun beach games to pass the time on the beach.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

It is a good place to go to prime for the evening, good drink specials pool tables. It would be nice if the had more in the way of entertainment like live music, but basically it is just a bar/lounge.

1  Thank Barry V