“I need more and need it now!”
Review of Inn on the Beach

Inn on the Beach
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Butler, PA
“I need more and need it now!”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The most relaxing vacation in a long time and after 5 nights we were not ready to head home. The Inn was beautiful and well maintained. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Beach chairs and floats were free. Wifi was free. We had the 2nd floor gulf front Blue Heron room with a wrap around balcony that was perfect for viewing the miles of 4th of July fireworks that beach goers were setting off. After that night, the beach was barren the rest of the week providing much needed down time. The weather in this 1st week of July was well into the 90s and the gulf water a nice 87 degrees. The bed was comfortable but with those outside temperatures, the rather loud A/C ran continuously which made TV watching and sleep a little harder. The room was fully furnished with a small kitchen that was nice for those times that we didn't feel like dining out. The Inn is located along the beach amidst multi-million dollar homes and other small inns. Small, quiet and safe. If you like lots of excitement head North, but if you like the water and need a quiet place to get away, this place is perfect. Would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank romckinnis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Jasmine room for 4 nights. It was quiet and cozy. Sheila, the innkeeper, made sure we had plenty of beach towels and made us feel at home!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ktbsox
INNonBeach, Manager at Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
thanks for sharing your experience at the Inn, ktbsox - it was a pleasure having you and the rest of your group stay with us, and we definitely would like to have you come back! Now that you've discovered Pass-a-grille, we hope a return visit is in your future:)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Inn on the beach is one of my favorite places to stay. The rooms are well done and very clean. the owner is very accomodating to your needs. She does a nice breakfast in the morning. I highly reccomend it !

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patty34373
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 26 June 2011

My boyfriend and I were looking to a place to vacation that was not crowded, commercialized, or expensive. I happend upon Inn on the Beach while seaching on google. After looking at their website, talking to Shelia, the Innkeeper, and reading reviews, I decided to go ahead an book the Love Shack! When we arrived, it could not have been any more perfect!!! The Love Shack was adorable and exactly what we wanted! Shelia, the Innkeeper, was so nice and always available for questions about the area. Pass-A-Grille was a fantastic beach that was not crowded AT ALL and everything was in walking distance! I can't wait to go back and experience it all over again!!!

Little things that made a diffrence:
-Room was very comfortable
-Bed was so comfortable... If we could have fit it in the car, we might have asked how much!
-Very close to the beach
-They have beach chairs and floats!
-Only 1.5 hours from Orlando...makes for a perfect day trip to Disney World!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
INNonBeach, Manager at Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, lmehr41, and that you took the time to review your visit. Happy that you slept well during your stay also - looking forward to your next visit to PAG!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I spent a weekend at Inn on the Beach in the Spoonbill room on my own for some R+R before a conference downtown Tampa from June 3-5. It was so relaxing and quiet. Passe-A-Grille is a laid-back place and not very crowded. On both the Friday and Saturday night, I slept really well with the balcony door open. The only sound it the Gulf and the wind rustling in the palm trees. The room is newly renovated and comfortable, i appreciated the cotton sheets and glass tiles. Nice finishes overall and very clean. Nothing plastic. The inn keeper, Sheila, created an amazing fruit salad for breakfast and I barely saw any other guests. It is steps from a pristine beach. Sheila is also committed to recycling which I appreciate. Steps from a couple of nice restaurants and a decent coffee shop. I was very happy there!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at Inn of the Beach in Pass-A-Grille last weekend. The staff was friendly, the room was comfortable, and the beach is one of the prettiest in the United States. It is also within walking distance of several very nice restaurants, so once we parked our car in the Inn's lot, we did not need to drive anywhere. On the way there, we stopped in St. Petersburg to see the Chihuly collection and Dali museam; St. Petersburg is a great mix of restaurants, culture, and beautiful beaches, a winning combination.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Blue Heron room.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 15 April 2011

During a vows renewal in February 2010 I enjoyed some days in the Pass-A-Grille area. MY wife and I fell in love with this charming area south of St. Pete Beach. Once my reservation of the cottage (well described with pictures and details on internet) with the Inn-On-Beach was confirmed by the very friendly innkeeper I arrived on April 7th 2011 and stayed for seven nights. I will not forget these days and nights. Everything was wonderful from the warm welcome thru the enjoyment which the cottage provided. The friendly service of all staff made it very for me to rebook this treasure for a retunr in 2012.

Room Tip: Beach view for inn rooms only
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
INNonBeach, General Manager at Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your first visit with us, hdharry_11, and thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your experience in Pass-a-grille. We appreciate it, and look forward to seeing you next year upon your return!