We were looking for a last-minute family getaway to the west coast of Florida for the new year. Since we spend a great deal of time outside while on vacation, we don't have much use for high-end resorts that focus on pampering and sitting still. But we know that the quality of beach accommodations can vary widely, especially when dealing with the more casual properties that we prefer. That's why the Inn's website intrigued us - the rooms seemed to be up-to-date, well-decorated and comfortable with a good offering of amenities, all for the price we would normally see for 'no-frills' accommodations.
I'm pleased to say that the Inn exceeded all of our expectations and gave us the perfect balance of relaxation and accessibility to Pass-A-Grille. We were in easy walking distance of the historic district, and the road we had to cross for beach access was certainly not a major highway or even a highly traveled city road.
Our room - the Orchid - had two beds so it was perfect for our family of three. We loved the decor and were impressed by the tile work, cabinetry and fixtures. The kitchen area was well-done. with like-new dishes and newer appliances. Definitely heads-and-shoulders above what we usually encounter when staying at the beach. This is definitely more of a B&B or inn than a typical beach hotel.
We peeked into a few other rooms and found the decor to be just as creative and inviting, though I believe most of the other rooms only sleep two. Some of the rooms have sitting areas as well.
On New Year's Eve we enjoyed live music from one of the guests playing in the courtyard, and every time we walked through the courtyard we would see at least one guest outside reading, grilling, enjoying coffee or just soaking up the sun. Very friendly crowd.
The on-site staff was very helpful, from the time we made the initial inquiry call until our check-out.
We will definitely be back - though we might make this a destination for a couples-only weekend since space would be tight if we tried to fit all three of us in any other room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, beach-casual, friendly Inn with updated, comfy rooms located in the historic community of Pass-a-grille, southern end of St Pete Beach. Daily coffee service, weekend breakfasts, beach towels & chairs, BBQ grill, parking, and WiFi provided at no additional charge. Peaceful, walking and biking-friendly area, beautiful beaches, good restaurants, boutique shops, and more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HRS, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Inn On The Beach St. Pete Beach, Florida