“Great Experience!”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I don't have any complaints, reading the previous reviews gave me aheads up on the parking charge but other than that all was good. I booked a one bedroom suite and upon check in I asked if there were any rooms with a gulf view, she took at least 10min trying to find a room, I asked if her if she was having any luck and she said yes, but I want to give you a couple of options which was GREAT! We ended up with a beautiful view of the gulf. Our room was fine, w/ a double bed in one room and a pullout sofa bed in the living room, a sink, standard fridge and a range top. We did need an add'l blanket and a box of tissues which were replaced very promptly the next day. We did luck out with it being quiet at night. We ate at the onsite restaurants, the food was very good moderately priced.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for best availability
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 May 2011

We stayed in a King suite. It was a decent size and had a private balcony with a wonderful view of the beach. Overall the room was nice, but you could tell with little things that the room was old, especially the bathroom. We checked in on a Wednesday and stayed until Saturday. This is important, because the first two nights were very quiet, but on Friday night, some more of the "party" types had obviously checked in because from our balcony that evening you could smell someone, ahem, smoking and being overall very loud above us. The cleaning lady was wonderful and the room was always clean and nice when we came back from whatever we had been doing that day. She even tucked my child's doll into bed for her, which made my daughter so happy! I would stay here again, but I would probably not stay during the weekends. We did not eat at any of the restaurants on site, so I can't say much about them.

Room Tip: king suite=private balcony, other rooms not
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank stewartmama
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I met some friends that were staying at the hotel and we ended up going to Harry's Beach Bar for drinks and to listen to some beach music, the music was very good and the drinks were great....Paris the bartender that waited on us was very pleasent and she has a great smile.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I have stayed at the Sirata resort once before this trip but I was in an Executive Suite, which overlooked the water and was a great spacious room. This time I booked a standard room and was in building 2 overlooking a "grotto" which is pretty much just a courtyard. The room was nothing special, with two double beds and a couple of lamps that didn't work. The room has the roughest toilet paper and tissues, which I know doesn't sound like a big deal but if you are supposed to be luxury and cost that much a night...at least give me soft toilet paper. The bars on the beach are great and the pool is well maintained. The resort is in a great location to explore St. Pete beach if you have never been, but if you are looking for a fun getaway with friends who like bar hopping on the beach, I would suggest Postcard Inn (PCI) instead. The restuarant at the hotel next door, at the top of the circular building is a rotating restaurant, which is interesting but for three of us to eat was about $120 before tip. The food WAS good though, I can't knock it. I just didnt' think a standard room for $200 was worth it and I have stayed in many beachy locations.

Room Tip: Waterfront instead of standard room
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elaina E
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Staff was very unfriendly, and we requested a newly renovated room., which she said is not a problem Once we got into our room, it was old, unkempt , and furnture were worn out. We had no balcony, and there were people constantly passing by. It was very noisy. My husband called downstairs and requested to speak with a manager, and she hung up on us. We walked down to front desk, and discussed our concerns, that we requested a room with a balcony, quieter area, and a newly renovated room. Especially, it was my wife's birthday. The manager did not show any concern about what he wanted and did not want to make any changes. This placed is overly crowded with college students, partying and there is no room around the pool area for R & R. We were "trapped" for 3 nights.

Room Tip: There numerous hotels in the area, shop around.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank superpal
siratabeach, Guest Services Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our resort; however alternative offers were given to you. Keys were provided for you to look at one of our executive king suites on the 8th floor; you declined to take that room as there was a small upgrade fee. You were given the opportunity to move to another traditional room with a patio in our grotto area which you did accept and move to. We are always concerned about our guests and will do our utmost to accommodate them.

Reviewed 30 April 2011

Perfect vacation. Great View, excellent service and clean! The only down fall of this is that they have all 3 of the same restaurants (of course they all have different names) but, they all have the same food. Other then that, excellent!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2011

This was our second time we stayed at the Sirata and we absolutely loved it. We plan to go back once a year. We reserved a studio room and it was very nice, very updated with nice appliances. If you have small children with you try to request a room by one of the pools. The staff is very friendly especially the bell hop. Everyday we were there he would ask if we needed anything. I thought it was great that they even blow up your rafts for you by the pool. Our kids are 5 and 9 and we took them on the Pirate Ship at Johns Pass, which they loved and we also had fun ourselves. The food and location were also great! I was skeptical when we read reviews on here but i am so glad i didnt listen because we had an amazing time and will continue to return and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Studio with Kitchen by Pool
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family