“Great stay”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We booked this for a few days in the middle of our holiday to Orlando. We initially chose it because it was on the beach and an excellent price.

It turned out to be a perfect choice for us, great location on a beautiful beach and very child friendly. Yes, the room decor was a bit old but it was very clean and comfortable. Plus there wasnt any mandatory resort charges like other hotels in the area.

We would use again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank karen1303

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,091)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2011

This was our 4th time staying at the Sirata. There should be no complaints about this place!
We stayed in a beach front room with 2 queen beds. It did have a flat screen TV but dont think we even turned it on. Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. The view was awesome .
The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Pools are great. Lots of beach chairs and towels are plentiful. It was so nice to have live music everyday.
We will be back next year and years after . We love the Sirata.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2011

First off, I would like to say that I was expecting this place to be awful when we showed up after reading the negative reviews. We checked in with no issues, went to our room and I was immediately relieved. The room was clean, not run down, and perfect for a standard hotel room. The property was kept up nicely, nice pool areas, the bars were a nice place to hang out, and the live music was great. If I ever return to St Pete Bch I will definitely stay again and upgrade to a larger room. Don't let the negative reviews turn you off! We all had a blast, kids included, for a great price! Oh, and the poolside cabana's were great with my 16 month old :)

Room Tip: ask for room selection at check in!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank southernbeachmama
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I don't have any complaints, reading the previous reviews gave me aheads up on the parking charge but other than that all was good. I booked a one bedroom suite and upon check in I asked if there were any rooms with a gulf view, she took at least 10min trying to find a room, I asked if her if she was having any luck and she said yes, but I want to give you a couple of options which was GREAT! We ended up with a beautiful view of the gulf. Our room was fine, w/ a double bed in one room and a pullout sofa bed in the living room, a sink, standard fridge and a range top. We did need an add'l blanket and a box of tissues which were replaced very promptly the next day. We did luck out with it being quiet at night. We ate at the onsite restaurants, the food was very good moderately priced.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for best availability
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
indiana
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We stayed in a King suite. It was a decent size and had a private balcony with a wonderful view of the beach. Overall the room was nice, but you could tell with little things that the room was old, especially the bathroom. We checked in on a Wednesday and stayed until Saturday. This is important, because the first two nights were very quiet, but on Friday night, some more of the "party" types had obviously checked in because from our balcony that evening you could smell someone, ahem, smoking and being overall very loud above us. The cleaning lady was wonderful and the room was always clean and nice when we came back from whatever we had been doing that day. She even tucked my child's doll into bed for her, which made my daughter so happy! I would stay here again, but I would probably not stay during the weekends. We did not eat at any of the restaurants on site, so I can't say much about them.

Room Tip: king suite=private balcony, other rooms not
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank stewartmama
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I met some friends that were staying at the hotel and we ended up going to Harry's Beach Bar for drinks and to listen to some beach music, the music was very good and the drinks were great....Paris the bartender that waited on us was very pleasent and she has a great smile.

• Stayed April 2011
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I have stayed at the Sirata resort once before this trip but I was in an Executive Suite, which overlooked the water and was a great spacious room. This time I booked a standard room and was in building 2 overlooking a "grotto" which is pretty much just a courtyard. The room was nothing special, with two double beds and a couple of lamps that didn't work. The room has the roughest toilet paper and tissues, which I know doesn't sound like a big deal but if you are supposed to be luxury and cost that much a night...at least give me soft toilet paper. The bars on the beach are great and the pool is well maintained. The resort is in a great location to explore St. Pete beach if you have never been, but if you are looking for a fun getaway with friends who like bar hopping on the beach, I would suggest Postcard Inn (PCI) instead. The restuarant at the hotel next door, at the top of the circular building is a rotating restaurant, which is interesting but for three of us to eat was about $120 before tip. The food WAS good though, I can't knock it. I just didnt' think a standard room for $200 was worth it and I have stayed in many beachy locations.

Room Tip: Waterfront instead of standard room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends