“Great for a romantic getaway-on a budget.”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I booked the Sirata on priceline.com about 6 months before the trip to get the best price possible. Upon arrival, my fiance and I found it very easy to find, and 'nice-looking' on the outside I was impressed with the security-and felt very safe the whole time. Once inside the resort lobby to check in we where greeted by a front desk attendant who had to be still in high school; he told us that there was no rooms available but then reviled that he was joking- I do enjoy someone with a sense of humor, but when you've just flown 5 hours, not so fun. I didn't pay any mind to the comment, however, my fiance was annoyed with it.
The room was nice, I wish we could have had a balcony that we could sit on, but the sliding glass door with the sheer curtains was enough for us. Everything was in working order, TV, phone, lights, hair dryer, and the air conditioner. The air conditioner was on full-blast the entire time we where there and we couldn't find any way to turn it off other than to crack the sliding glass door open. But hey, Ill take an overly cold room over a hot room any day.
The beach was amazing, and when I had enough of the kids over at one pool, I would just go to the next. We went water skiing in the gulf, which I have to say is one of the most amazing things I've ever done- we even saw a dolphin racing with us under the water. I absolutely loved it, and greatly appreciated the sting ray warning signs when we did see a sting ray. The only thing I really didn't like where the Jacuzzi's. I really wish that there was an age limit on them. I really didn't enjoy sipping my adult beverage along side a 6 year old boy and his siblings.
The room service was less than desirable, overpriced and there wasn't much on the menu to choose from. The gentleman who brought us our breakfast, took our resort charge card and then vanished for over an hour, which made us late for a lunch cruise of clear water. After a firm phone call, and 20 more minutes, the card was returned and the gentleman apologized for the wait- because he got busy.
Now, I joke from time to time among friends about housekeeping coming to my door and them not speaking English- but it has never actually happened to me until now. A woman came to my door and said ( and I quote) "I clean?", I responded with 'we are leaving in an hour' and she replied with "No speak English" I just shook my head and she made me initial a waiver saying to not clean our room during our stay. - where do they get these people from?
As for St. Petersburg: skip the crab shack- it was nasty. And DO NOT MISS Silas Dent- it was the best food I've had in my life- I even tried fried gator (AMAZING). It was the freshest seafood I've ever had and they introduced me to my new love FRIED CHEESECAKE. We went there two nights in a row that's how good it was. And I would HIGHLY suggest the Lemon Tree Spa down the road- great bang for your buck!
Overall, I was extremely pleased with the resort, had wonderful nights walking the beach while the sun set and then finding a hammock to lay together in and just swaying in the breeze. I was a little disappointed when I was told that I could not go para sailing on two separate occasions because it was too windy- which I do understand that no one wants accidents.
I was very very impressed with the resort card that was provided to us- which gave us the ability just to flash the card and it would be charged to the room- which I thought was very clever.
As for your trip I suggest booking this resort asap. I was extremely pleased, even though tripadvisor.com gave it a 3.5 rating which made me very nervous/ hesitant when I booked.
I will tell you one thing- I will go back- and I will get my para sailing trip (along with another plate of fried cheesecake)
(for those booking through priceline: don't go for the lunch sightseeing cruise of Clearwater- or the even dance under the stars [same cruise-line]. A lot of 65+ people and bad food.)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2012

That saying is true you get what you pay for.When booking this two queen bed suite I was impressed with the cheap price. I did research the resort and look at the reviews which didn't seem all that bad so I ended my resort search.We checked in July 11 and checked out on July 13. I thought the room was dirty and very out dated. There was a layer of scum around the knobs of the bathroom sink,the sofa was so stained up we had to put a blanket down to sit on it! I could go on and on. We tried to stay out of the room as much as possible! We will not be back! The pictures on their website of the rooms they show look great but that is not what they are when you get there. One more thing they do have 3 pools but they are TINY you can fit about 10 people in each one

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Rhonda H
Sirata_10, Guest Relations Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you for your input regarding your stay and we are sorry that it did not meet your expectations. Our head of Housekeeping has been notified so that this room is closely inspected. It is unfortunate that you did not let the Front Desk know so that we had an opportunity to make sure your stay was a pleasant one.
The resort is currently undergoing renovations with new bedding, furnishings, etc., but not all of the rooms have been completed at this time.

The resort is located on thirteen acres with 3 sizable pools, two whirlpools and miles of beautiful white sandy beach. In addition to all there is for a family to do, there are also three dining options with a full service restaurant and two beachfront bars.

We hope that you will reconsider staying with us on your next Florida vacation so that you may experience all the improvements that are currently underway.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Hi my name is orla im from ireland went to sirata in June this hotel was fantastic rooms were great staff were brillant didn't want to leave.we were there for storm Debby never seen anthing like it.Shopping outlet in Ellenton was great valu.Stayed in hotel form ten nights so clean,staff great i will go back here the beach is beautiful,great food.Then we went to orlando for 4 days but i didnt want to leave siratra beach.I will go back here again.Thanks to all the staff, first class service.x

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the ocean,breathtaking i have never seen beautiful sunsets in my life like this.S...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank orrla
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Hi Orla,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us for 10 days and look forward to having you back again. Tropical Storm Debby was pretty severe, but we had no major damage and the beach looks fabulous, take a look at our live web cam on our website. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, we will show them your review at our next staff meeting.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Mini Vacation for Myself & my boyfriend. When we first got to resort I was not satisfied with our room! It was away from the beach, off to the side of the building and honestly felt as if i were staying at an abandoned hotel. I called front desk and spoke with the manager about getting another room! He was able to find a room for us closer to the beach and let us check it out!
SO MUCH BETTER! I felt more connected with the world and a lot more comfortable ..also had a balcony! He didn't have a problem switching our room right there on spot! EXTREMELY happy about that!
The staff at the front desk were pleasant as well as the manager who helped us without hesitation! I honestly loved the resort..everything was clean and people were very nice. Beach was clean..live music at night with fire pits & hammocks!
Only complaint would be the bedsheets...we weren't as comfortable with them! There was a wool blanket in between 2 sheets...weird & not cozy at all! Besides that who cares about what the room looks like. As long as it has beds, a bathroom and a tv..you go on vacation to be OUTSIDE of a home..not to spend it indoors!
The price of the stay was great too! We got what we paid for!
If we went back to Florida I wouldn't mind going back there!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach keep you in tune with where you actually are! Brighter & lively
3  Thank Burrific
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We just returned from a 5-night vacation at the Sirata, and while it is not a 5-star resort, we were very pleased with the property. The location is perfect - right on the beach and within walking distance of excellent restaurants! (Crabby Bill's and Spinners are our favorites)

Our room was newly redecorated, our linens were new and clean, the hallways were very nicely done, and everything in our bathroom and kitchenette was in excellent condition. We enjoyed walking right out of the door and going to the beach, we loved the pool, and Harry's Beach Bar was terrific! There was live entertainment most days, and the food and drinks were great. Additionally, the staff was extremely friendly - everyone from the front desk to the gift shop to security and the beach bar staff were very helpful and pleasant all the time.

We have stayed at super fancy resorts, and we have stayed in extremely spartan conditions in various third-world countries. Let me say that we would return to the Sirata, as it is a great value!! We have no interest in paying exorbitant fees to sleep in more luxurious hotels, as that money can be spent for some great meals, and The Sirata certainly meets our expectations as a good place to stay!

2  Thank charliespr
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. We are glad that you love the new look of the rooms, we have received many positive comments on the new look. We are still in the process of changing the furniture, so not all of the rooms have been done yet. We appreciate your kind comments on our staff, we work extremely hard to provide very high standards of customer service. Thank you for recommending our resort and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

After returning from a busy NY/NJ stay my husband wanted a getaway weekend with just the family. Going on a friend's suggestion we decided on the Sirata. We arrived before check-in time but the front desk gladly held our bags while we went and enjoyed the beautiful St. Pete beach and the food at Harry's, with the promise of calling us when our room was ready. The call came just as we were ready to go and get cleaned up after a day on the beach. I have to say that the room was my least favorite part of our stay. Although it was clean, it was small, the ceiling in the bathroom leaked, both the bathroom and main door stuck so bad that you needed to use force to get in and out, the front part of the air-conditioning unit was broken off and the TV had terrible reception. As I said the room was my least favorite part, not too annoying though, since we weren't going to be spending too much time in there. The bell-man explained that they had started renovations, and started with the outside, when the recession hit and haven't been able to continue. I love the outside of this resort, kind of looks like something out of early Hollywood, with the palm paintings and florals. We were always greeted with smiles and an open door. The food and drinks at both Harry's and Rum Runners were very reasonable and again the staff very pleasant and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and will be returning...would love to get a room right on the beach. Oh, and while you are there DO NOT forget to drop in for a bite at BEACHWOOD BBQ & BURGER!!! Absolutely fantastic! It is located just a little bit away from The Sirata at the POSTCARD INN on The Beach. The food, the atmosphere and our server Jessica were wonderful....

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TeresaC023
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This resort could be really great with a renovation. Rooms are outdated and in need of an upgrade. Location was nice and beach was wonderful. We were treated very well by a female manager when we complained of bugs (roaches or palmetto bugs) in the bathroom. We were moved to another room, the bellhop was sent to move our luggage (he couldn't have been nicer), and our parking fee was removed because of our problem. While there are 3 pools, they are small. Loved Rum Runners and Robert, the bartender.

2  Thank deb118