“Great Location”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Melbourne
“Great Location”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is an enormous place but well located with direct access to beautiful beach. Nice restaurant and all staff were first class. It had a nice friendly atmosphere with lovely views. The furniture in the room seemed a bit dark and heavy, but it was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a beach view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MelbourneSally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,052)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Middletown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We upgraded our room to beach view and it was worth it!! Not very clean rooms and you rarely see the cleaning crew. When they come they don't empty the trash, vacuum or even clean your coffee pot. But overall it doesn't matter because you will not be spending much time in your room. Everything also was great!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elisa T
Middletown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We found the Sirata as part of an Expedia package and were very satisfied with our fist ever trip to Saint Pete Beach. The resort was very nice. This is a great location to bring a family and spend the day at the beach. We jet skied, parasailed, rented cabanas, and spent the evenings at the beach-side bar. The appearance of the resort was pleasant and the staff and service were excellent. I recommend paying slightly more to get a beach-side facing room. We woke up each morning looking out at the beautiful gulf. Already planning our return!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Another great time at the Sirata!
We were there the first week in May and stayed in a beach front room. Very nice! Nicely painted, new carpeting, new bedding, new shower curtain. The beds are VERY comfy with nice pillows.
Had a great burger at Rum runners with home made chips. The addition to the patio there made it a nice place to relax and listen to live music. Music started at noon everyday. Also loved the couches and ceiling fans!
After relaxing all day on the white sand beach we would head over to Harrys pool for a cocktail and listen to music that started at around 5:00. Harry's also has a very nice fire pit.
The Sirata is conveniently located to Publix, a dollar store, beach store and liquor store.
This is the best place on the beach! Cant wait to come back again next year!!

Room Tip: spend a little extra and get the beach front room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blkllem
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The Sirata was a fantastic establishment, my favorite part was Rum Runners! From the drinks to the service, it was a fantastic Bar & Grille! Our server Kathy was superb! Her positive attitude and speedy service was second to none!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Collin904
southampton
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Well we would like to say a big thank you to all the staff in the sirata beach hotel for yet another wonderful stay. Nothing is too much for them. Any problem however small are always sorted withing minutes. The rooms with new decor and furniture is lovely and gives more space. Harry's and Rum Runners look great now they have been upgraded. So good we have already booked to return for our umpteenthe time. Love It. If you want comfort beautiful beaches and a welcoming atmosphere you should not hesitate to go. This is central for everything, on beach, near shops and restaurants you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are perfect if you don't want to eat out every night and so very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Troy,NY
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I recently spent 10 days May 8-17, 2013, at the Sirata and had to share my wonderful experience.
This is an outstanding 3 star property which provides 6 star service!!!!!
I travel often to beachfront properties in and outside the U/S but had to share this resort with you.
It started at the front desk. I didn't have a reservation however that didn't matter. I was greeted by ALAN, front desk clerk, who was very eager to accommodate me and did so with professionalism and kindness. After check in I knew I was in the right place for my 10 day vacation.
My next contact with with JOHN, BELL Services, he too couldn't have been any happier or helpful. He greeted me with sincere kindness and was eager to take care of my luggage and any other needs I may have. being an avid traveler, it was refreshing to have have two positive contacts in the first 10 minutes of arrival.
Next was the room. although the beachfront rooms were sold out, we had a very large spacious 1 bedroom suite which faced the bay. The room was oversize and nicely decorated. It had a sofa sleeper and kitchenette. perfect size and layout for the price. having seen 3 other properties in close proximity to the Sirata this room by far was the largest and nicest on the strip. I knew I was going to be extremely happy here.
Next we were greeted by ALESSA from housekeeping. Just checking in with us to see if we liked our room and if we needed anything> Honestly, you don't get this kind of service at most 5 star properties, I was beyond impressed at this point. ALESSA was happy as a clam just as ALAN and JOHN. Hmmm I wondering how do they keep,all their employees this happy?? lol
On to the Beach..Wonderful proximity to hotel, very convenient and cabanas were perfect.
Even the Cabana attendants BLAKE and DAVID were helpful and friendly. I'm loving this place right now... We spent every day on beach and got to know these two young men. They were beyond helpful and very hard workers. I was so very impressed with their willingness to accommodate. Honestly, I felt right at home at this resort, I didn't want to leave.
Now for one of my favorite parts....The pool and tiki bar/restaurant. The layout is strategic and comfortable. The pool is only steps from the bar, which stays open well after dusk, and has the very friendliest and proficient bar staff. two of the stars were ALEC and AUSTIN. both excellent bartenders and again happy to be there serving you. Oh did I say they serve you poolside. Although the bar is only 20 feet away you never have to move.I can't forget CHARLES at the tiki bar. I'm not sure what position CHARLES holds but we seen him frequently at the bar area, cleaning and attending to trash. This young man never stopped moving and did his work with a smile. last but not least LE, the bar manager.She greeted us and made us feel welcome and seems to love her job as well. Honestly this place should be a model for every resort on this beach. They have not only the logistics of the hotel and amenities locked down, their CUSTOMER SERVICE, all around, is like none other. Every single employee over a 10 day span was professional, hard working , and eager to go above and beyond. In all my years of travelling Ive never seen outstanding service like this as a whole. The owners and management staff should be extremely proud of their hard work and their staff as you do an excellent job!!!! I can't wait to return and have shared this with friends and family.I never post a review but I had to share this with you... Keep up the great work Sitrata!!!!!!
Maria T.
Cohoes NY

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank travelqeen
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear travelgeen,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. We were delighted to read you thought our hotel was fantastic and your suite accommodations were spacious,the perfect size and layout. We appreciate the positive comments on the friendliness of the staff. We work very hard to train our staff on friendliness and responsiveness, thank you for noticing. We thank you for your high recommendation and look forward to your return.