“Great Location on Beach”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Location on Beach”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed here for 7 days in November 2013. The resort is a conversion from a Holiday Inn we think - and is also a convention centre. It was quiet at this time of year. The location is great and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I was a bit disappointed to find that parking would be $8 per day, Wi fI $10 per day ( Really you need to make it free guys) and a cabana on the beach $15/day..( they offer a package of $20 per day for all the above. We had a ground floor room facing the courtyard which was dark and stuffy, but the staff readily relocated us to a beach view room on the 5th floor when we asked - at no extra charge. The food at the beach bar is OK and a fine evening can be had sitting round their big fireplace listening to live music. Pools and hot tubs were fine and not crowded. car rental on site. Overall not a bad experience, but be aware the standard room is just a hotel room with little air circulation!!

Room Tip: Upgrade from Standard try to get in the main building facing beach but isnt too close to the nois...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IanFG
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear IanFG,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback. We were delighted to read you thought the location was great and the staff was helpful and friendly. Listening to live music by our outdoor fireplace is always a hit. In regards to the extra fees, Most of our competitors charge a substantial Resort Fee whereas we charge items like parking, Wi-Fi and cabanas separately. Most guests appreciate this method. We do offer a Resort Saver Package that is inclusive of Parking, Wi-Fi and Cabana rental. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our facilities and service. You comments have been very helpful. We sincerely hope you will visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,069)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Clair, Michigan
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I very much enjoyed this hotel and all amenities that it offers. Check in was quick and I was off to the Bach in no time. The hotel was very clean and I would stay here again. Rum runners and Bongos just south of here are great stops. If you are looking for a nice adventure Island Boats was a perfect day getaway.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Grewe8403
Dear Grewe8403,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our efficient front desk staff and clean hotel. The friendly staff at Rum Runners awaits your return.
Devon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was traveling alone (female) and was given a handicapped room, although I am not handicapped. I am sure a male would not have been given that room!! The bathroom of course, was huge, just a large walk in shower with no tub, understand that since it was a handicapped room but no vanity to place my toiletries. I did not complain until the last night (who feels like repacking their suitcase), I was told the hotel was sold out (it was a Saturday night check in), OK, but hey... give me a different room for the remainder of the trip. the Manager however, did give me a discount on the last night's rate.

Then since I was on the ground floor, there were numerous days there were lizards in my bathroom. Gave me the creeps and also one bed vs two beds as shown on on-line reservations.

However, I must say the property was well kept and several pools to chose from.........

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pat4649
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our well kept property, three beachfront pools and two whirlpools and our manager was able to offer you a discount. I am disappointed that we let you down in regards to the room selection and geckos in your bathroom. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our facilities and service. You comments have been very helpful. You can rest assured these comments have been passed on to the appropriate manager for immediate action. We sincerely hope you will visit us again.
Fairdale, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days the first week of November 2013. I have to say I was surprised at how nice it was. We stayed on the first floor room right next to the beach bar and restaurant. We could literally walk right out onto the beach. Each night we sat at the fire pit and listened to music that consisted of a very nice singer playing acoustic guitar, we ordered drinks and sat in the hot tub. The food was good, the service was good. All in all, the whole experience was very nice. Also we got a great deal!! I highly recommend the Sirata beach resort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Tonibuilt,
Thank you for the great comments! We agree that our property is “a very nice place to stay”; from our relaxing beachfront whirlpools to live music, great food and drinks it’s hard to beat the experience. Exceeding guest expectations is the top priority. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Florida.
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This motel has everthing you need and more. Location on the beach is great. Food at resort is great. The resort is older but is updated well and during our stay every time I looked around I found the staff cleaning or painting something. They even added a new playground set during our stay. The staff is great and the resorst shows.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear jbriggssr,
Thank you so much for your kind comments and high recommendation. We were delighted you enjoyed the entire property. We appreciate you pointing out that we constantly are painting and improving the property. The new playground set is beautiful and right on the beach. We look forward to your return.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I would rate this hotel as one of the best hotels I've stayed in Florida. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The food is really inexpensive and delicious. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The maids were very nice and hardworking.The girls that worked in the Gift Shop were great Beth Westlund and Alicia Lewis were very helpful. I would stay in this Hotel in a heartbeat again. Overall I give this beautiful Hotel a rating of a 5.

Room Tip: Room 409 is great
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Nice property. Average comfort and decor of accommodations. Beautiful beach.

Pro's
The front desk was very responsive to our needs.
Plenty of entertainment on-site

Con's
Misrepresentation of their property in some pictures on Hotel Tonight app
Pay for parking $8