“Very good stay with small annoyances”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
“Very good stay with small annoyances”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

So much to say. I am very familiar with the area as I live 30 minutes away. We usually go farther south but decided to 'get away' but stay closer to home. Was great to have some of my daughter's friends come visit during our stay because of the close proximity. Not the busy season so parking and/or drop off was easy. The crazy thing is the hotel will validate the $8 parking for visitors if you spend $15 at Harry's but yet as a customer paying to stay I had still to pay $8 a day and I only spent $100+ per day at Harry's. Silly policy and not enforced consistently either I learned from the different people that came for the day.
Pools are great. 3 of them. Towel service again not consistent as each attendant has a different story about policy. Before we checked in while waiting for our room they handed us towels. The next day it was sign your life away and get a wrist band. I understand you are trying to keep the beach riff raff out but no chance of me ever wearing that. Actually made me laugh. I am at the pool on vacation not at a nighclub paying for the band cover. Nicole was easiest to deal with if you get her it is simple process. THANKS! Some reviews said there should be some adult only areas
......really? At a family resort. There were families all over as well as couples so it was a good mix. It was easy to get drinks....what I dont understand and was pretty annoyed about was in order to spend this $ hundo plus a day we had to track down a server everyday for 4 days and I sat in the same spot. Dont you work for tips? Then when we finally did corral the server when they brought us a drink they dont even ask the people right around us who are all also on vacation if they wanted a drink. Even if you didnt want to drink...food? One couple had the all inclusive and had to go to the bar for service. I was thinking about the all inclusive next time but the begging for service makes me think twice about it. In the evening sitting at the bar the bartenders are all good and many have been there for a long time. Maybe they could teach the servers.
Some said the hotel is dated. I was in one of the older rooms. It was clean and what we needed. Just sayin...other than condos the hotels on st pete beach have all been there forever. And although it has been awhile for me I forgot that it is the nicest beach you will ever see. That makes some of the annoyances a little less painful to deal with. After all you are coming here for the beach!
The restaurants on property are good for what they have. Prices are ok dont forget you are on the beach. Nothing is really cheap. If you want there are nice restaurants within walking distance north and south on gulf blvd. I hope this review helps someone out. My family and I will be back and I look forward to seeing if management cleans up some of the nutty policies and minor annoyances to make the time at the resort as relaxing as it could be. Oh. One more thing: Shout out.....Bernard the bellman! Thanks for your help.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael M
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Michael,
Thank you for staying at the Sirata Beach Resort. We were happy to read you are coming back for a return visit. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to Bernard. We were very sad to hear you had some issues with your drink and poolside towel service. You can rest assured these issues have been addressed with the appropriate managers. We strive very diligently to make all our guests happy with a great gulf front resort and outstanding guest service. I am sorry we let you down. In regards to our parking fees, most of our competitors charge a substantial Resort Fee whereas we charge items like parking separately. Most guests appreciate this method. We do offer a Resort Saver Package that is inclusive of Parking, and Cabana rental. Thank you again for your repeat patronage. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,082)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I just returned from a girl's getaway at the Sirata Beach Resort. The location of this resort is excellent. It's right on the beach! We used the resort's transportation service for our airport transfers. Our driver gave us lots of great info on the St. Pete Beach area. Our room at the resort was great. The bathroom could use a remodel, but everything worked and was fine for us. All of the staff that we meet were wonderful...from the front desk to the service at all 3 restuarants. We received great customer service from the concierge. She gave us great suggestions for area activities and even took care of booking us on a dolphin cruise to Egmont Key. One night we went to Coconut's Comedy Club, which was great. One day we went to John's Pass at Madeira Beach. They have a boardwalk on the bay with restuarants, shops, etc. We also rode a segway for the first time with Remi's Segway Tours. It was so much fun and I would definitely recommend it. We chose to book the resort's all inclusive package that included 3 meals a day, beverages (including some alcoholic beverages), beach cabana, parking (didn't use this), in-room Wi-Fi, taxes and gratuities. This was a great deal for us since we didn't rent a car. We used freebeachride.com to get around the area. The ride is free...all they ask for is a gratuity. Overall we had a great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were disappointed from the start. Upon checking in, our room was not what I had wanted. We paid for a one bedroom suite with 2 queen beds. No queen beds, it was only 1 king bed. I explained that I had requested 2 queen beds, and that there were three of us. His only solution was to give us a cot and charge us $15 per day. When we got to the room we were disappointed again. The web site gave options of a one bedroom suite or a studio. I chose the one bedroom suite vs the studio because I wanted to be able to have my daughter go to bed at a decent time, and not disturb her while my husband and I hung out in the living room. There was no separate bedroom. It all ran into the living room. No door to close at all. So if you are debating between those two, don't bother. Also disappointing is our fridge was not a full size, it was a mini. Housekeeping was another issue. One day we came back and some money we had left out was gone. It wasn't much but I called the front desk and they said they would take care of it. Well we never heard anything about it. Then the next day housekeeping just never came. So, I called around 4 to ask if we could get our room cleaned. He apologized and said he would request a full service. Not the case, beer caps were left on the end table, dished still out, and the tables were left messy. At that point, my husband and I stopped complaining because it was pointless. Also disappointing, our tub had water sitting in it when we first arrived. Gross! We quickly noticed the tub's faucet leaked and never quit leaking water, thus the standing water when we arrived. We would not recommend this hotel based on our room and staff experience. Positive notes, they do not charge you for parking and the beach is wonderful! The area I would recommend, the hotel no.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ashley s
Dear Ashley,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Sirata Beach Resort. We were please you enjoyed our wonderful beach and location. Please accept our apologies for not living up to your expectation on your room layout and the issues you had with Housekeeping. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our facilities and service. You comments have been very helpful. We sincerely hope you will reconsider visiting us again.
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the"Kid Suites". Really cute, girls loved thier little secret room :) We enjoyed the privacy and safety created with the split floorplan and our room being right off hallway with childrens in the back.
Unfortunately our first evening the TV in the children's room didn't work, our meal from Harrys Beach Bar was horrible and there was a dirty diaper left on our balcony from previous visitor. So we were off to a rough start. :(
Thankfully in the morning the TV repairman, Mirri, worked relentlessly checking tv functionality and cable feed to do his best to fix kids room. Which still isn't resolved. :(
Allesa, our House keeper, arrived with a huge smile bright, cheerful and most helpful!
The Serata is an older aging resort with some obvious accompanying problems which is a disappointment for the money.
But the Customer Service has been EXCELLENT! From the young men at the beach cabana rental, girl at the water slide, tv repairmen (2 in total), house keeping and the front desk staff when I checked in! Thank goodness for them and the beautiful beach or we would have left and never returned.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammy H
Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great place to watch the ocean. Room was clean. Room was on the sixth floor, no complaints. Did notice the double beds appeared to be on the ocean side, king beds on the gulf side. But you have a great balcony, looking at water, so no complaints. Need a reminder that when people slam room doors, it can be heard by others. Service was good. It did take time to get your order from the kitchen. But spent the time listening to the musician and watching the ocean while waiting. There were a few items on the menu felt it was overpriced (7.00 for an average piece of key lime pie- really? could have bought the pie for the price of two and a half pieces.) I know that you want to make money, but it would have been nice to just have a hospitality coffee bar. There is a neat lizard display near the smaller pool. Relaxing. Easy to take a walk along the beach and watch the sunset. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Had 6th floor corner room. Nice. Appears gulf side is the king side beds, beach side the double beds...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our 4th visit to St Pete's & 2nd stay at the Sirata & we would not want to stay anywhere else. It was my husbands birthday, we stayed in a Suite with sea view & balcony on the 8th floor, my parents stayed in a suite also with a balcony & view of the Bay. My husband has dietary requirements which makes eating out difficult at times. We would highly recommend the suite, with small kitchen & living area, it made all the difference to our stay & we cannot wait to return!
The staff are so friendly & courteous, the resort is spotless, there is entertainment you can enjoy from your balcony or the pool, we really have loved staying here for the last 2 years & cannot wait to return next year. Also, would highly recommend the boat trip from the beach, we have never seen so many dolphins! It was worth $40. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cheekyface30
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great, right on the gulf. The beach and pools are really nice as well. Our room was located on the 7 floor, top of the building. The rooms are very average, they are clean, but showing their age. I did not really care about the look of the room since we did not spend a lot of time in them. I did, however, mind the cockroaches that we found in our bathroom and in the dressers with my clothes....Manager did have maintenance come spray and gave us some free drinks at the bar.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends