“Okay but not what I expected” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sirata Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Okay but not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

To be fair, my hotel room had fresh furniture and was clean and comfortable. It was NOT the ocean front room I reserved. I was traveling alone for a wedding and just enjoying the peace and quiet so I just didn't argue the point. Had my wife been with me we would have stayed elsewhere. Still, disappointed that my room view was the street out front and not the ocean I felt I paid for.

This is an old facility. It has been dressed up to look newer in the pictures. It was well maintained, freshly painted but picture motel rooms from the 60's when room and bathroom sizes were smaller. The staff were very friendly and service oriented. They would always speak and ask if I was enjoying myself. This is due to good training and management. I ate breakfast in the cafe twice and both the food and service were excellent. Friendly people too. Rum Runners was a good tiki bar with good service but the crowd was a bit aged.

Final point is while I was there I got emails from travel companies (the big ones) offering Sirata rooms for 35% less than I paid. Sort of like a finger in my eye. Oh, the free wireless works sometimes but not good enough to really use. It was up and down frequently.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank parfourrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,016)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

If you have a medical need for a nonsmoking room DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
All rooms are nonsmoking but smoking is allowed on balconies which is essentially in the room since balconies range from about two feet wide to an inch or so. Checked in, smelled smoke, called front desk. Housekeeping came with a spray deodorizer which has no chance of removing smoke odors from bedding, carpet, drapes and furniture. Tried four different rooms then gave up and went to Guy Harvey's down the street. Needed two puffs of rescue inhaler and now also have a headache
Took a shower, sealed smoke infused clothes in plastic and currently watching the sun set, but not at Sirata. Never again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sharon L
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Sharon L,
We read with great concern the issues you had with selecting a non smoking room. We pride ourselves on presenting a pristine non smoking atmosphere in all of our sleeping rooms. All of our rooms have been non smoking since 2007. Please accept our apologies for not finding a room that met your expectations. Our staff works very hard to deliver an excellent product and service to each and every guest. I am sorry we let you down. We do hope you will reconsider choosing the Sirata Beach Resort on your next trip to Florida. .
Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The resort location is right on the beach. Suites are a little older, but clean. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Kara at Rum Runners. She was very friendly, informative, and attentive. This is a very family (kid) friendly resort, so expect the pools to be full and loud. One suggestion would be to make one pool adults only (maybe Rum Runner pool). The food and sunsets at Rum Runners are great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Karen S
Jonesboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Awesome from my reservation to my stay. My housekeeper ALLESIA was excellent, curtious, efficient, and helpful. Every place is wheelchair acessable. From beach Wheelchairs to Pool lifts. We usually use dove soap but we forgot ours. The soap that's provided is very Gentle. Quality products used if you forget, until you can go to Store

• Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

So much to say. I am very familiar with the area as I live 30 minutes away. We usually go farther south but decided to 'get away' but stay closer to home. Was great to have some of my daughter's friends come visit during our stay because of the close proximity. Not the busy season so parking and/or drop off was easy. The crazy thing is the hotel will validate the $8 parking for visitors if you spend $15 at Harry's but yet as a customer paying to stay I had still to pay $8 a day and I only spent $100+ per day at Harry's. Silly policy and not enforced consistently either I learned from the different people that came for the day.
Pools are great. 3 of them. Towel service again not consistent as each attendant has a different story about policy. Before we checked in while waiting for our room they handed us towels. The next day it was sign your life away and get a wrist band. I understand you are trying to keep the beach riff raff out but no chance of me ever wearing that. Actually made me laugh. I am at the pool on vacation not at a nighclub paying for the band cover. Nicole was easiest to deal with if you get her it is simple process. THANKS! Some reviews said there should be some adult only areas
......really? At a family resort. There were families all over as well as couples so it was a good mix. It was easy to get drinks....what I dont understand and was pretty annoyed about was in order to spend this $ hundo plus a day we had to track down a server everyday for 4 days and I sat in the same spot. Dont you work for tips? Then when we finally did corral the server when they brought us a drink they dont even ask the people right around us who are all also on vacation if they wanted a drink. Even if you didnt want to drink...food? One couple had the all inclusive and had to go to the bar for service. I was thinking about the all inclusive next time but the begging for service makes me think twice about it. In the evening sitting at the bar the bartenders are all good and many have been there for a long time. Maybe they could teach the servers.
Some said the hotel is dated. I was in one of the older rooms. It was clean and what we needed. Just sayin...other than condos the hotels on st pete beach have all been there forever. And although it has been awhile for me I forgot that it is the nicest beach you will ever see. That makes some of the annoyances a little less painful to deal with. After all you are coming here for the beach!
The restaurants on property are good for what they have. Prices are ok dont forget you are on the beach. Nothing is really cheap. If you want there are nice restaurants within walking distance north and south on gulf blvd. I hope this review helps someone out. My family and I will be back and I look forward to seeing if management cleans up some of the nutty policies and minor annoyances to make the time at the resort as relaxing as it could be. Oh. One more thing: Shout out.....Bernard the bellman! Thanks for your help.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael M
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Michael,
Thank you for staying at the Sirata Beach Resort. We were happy to read you are coming back for a return visit. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to Bernard. We were very sad to hear you had some issues with your drink and poolside towel service. You can rest assured these issues have been addressed with the appropriate managers. We strive very diligently to make all our guests happy with a great gulf front resort and outstanding guest service. I am sorry we let you down. In regards to our parking fees, most of our competitors charge a substantial Resort Fee whereas we charge items like parking separately. Most guests appreciate this method. We do offer a Resort Saver Package that is inclusive of Parking, and Cabana rental. Thank you again for your repeat patronage. We look forward to your next visit.
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I just returned from a girl's getaway at the Sirata Beach Resort. The location of this resort is excellent. It's right on the beach! We used the resort's transportation service for our airport transfers. Our driver gave us lots of great info on the St. Pete Beach area. Our room at the resort was great. The bathroom could use a remodel, but everything worked and was fine for us. All of the staff that we meet were wonderful...from the front desk to the service at all 3 restuarants. We received great customer service from the concierge. She gave us great suggestions for area activities and even took care of booking us on a dolphin cruise to Egmont Key. One night we went to Coconut's Comedy Club, which was great. One day we went to John's Pass at Madeira Beach. They have a boardwalk on the bay with restuarants, shops, etc. We also rode a segway for the first time with Remi's Segway Tours. It was so much fun and I would definitely recommend it. We chose to book the resort's all inclusive package that included 3 meals a day, beverages (including some alcoholic beverages), beach cabana, parking (didn't use this), in-room Wi-Fi, taxes and gratuities. This was a great deal for us since we didn't rent a car. We used freebeachride.com to get around the area. The ride is free...all they ask for is a gratuity. Overall we had a great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Galesburg, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were disappointed from the start. Upon checking in, our room was not what I had wanted. We paid for a one bedroom suite with 2 queen beds. No queen beds, it was only 1 king bed. I explained that I had requested 2 queen beds, and that there were three of us. His only solution was to give us a cot and charge us $15 per day. When we got to the room we were disappointed again. The web site gave options of a one bedroom suite or a studio. I chose the one bedroom suite vs the studio because I wanted to be able to have my daughter go to bed at a decent time, and not disturb her while my husband and I hung out in the living room. There was no separate bedroom. It all ran into the living room. No door to close at all. So if you are debating between those two, don't bother. Also disappointing is our fridge was not a full size, it was a mini. Housekeeping was another issue. One day we came back and some money we had left out was gone. It wasn't much but I called the front desk and they said they would take care of it. Well we never heard anything about it. Then the next day housekeeping just never came. So, I called around 4 to ask if we could get our room cleaned. He apologized and said he would request a full service. Not the case, beer caps were left on the end table, dished still out, and the tables were left messy. At that point, my husband and I stopped complaining because it was pointless. Also disappointing, our tub had water sitting in it when we first arrived. Gross! We quickly noticed the tub's faucet leaked and never quit leaking water, thus the standing water when we arrived. We would not recommend this hotel based on our room and staff experience. Positive notes, they do not charge you for parking and the beach is wonderful! The area I would recommend, the hotel no.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ashley s
Dear Ashley,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Sirata Beach Resort. We were please you enjoyed our wonderful beach and location. Please accept our apologies for not living up to your expectation on your room layout and the issues you had with Housekeeping. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our facilities and service. You comments have been very helpful. We sincerely hope you will reconsider visiting us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Pete Beach
Alden Suites
Alden Suites
#13 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,394 reviews

Been to Sirata Beach Resort? Share your experiences!