“Good Times at our End of School Celebration!!!!”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We all are locals and wanted to have and End of School Celebration for our Second grade children. We selected the Sirata as they are vested in the betterment of our community and we wanted to return the favor. We had an absolute blast!!!! Some families stayed for 3 nights and some just 1. I was one of the people who stated for 1 night, but wished I stayed longer. The pool was ice cold and the servers and food at Harry's was excellent. Our room was on the 7th floor and faced the water for beautiful sunrise and sunsets. We decided on our visit that we established a new tradition for our End of School party. Can't wait to return next year. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sutie! =D
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Check in was quick and easy. standard room 2124 faced pool and bar. Since my children under 12 were with us I was worried about wild party noise at night but.....not a sound. Staff were friendly ajd pleasant. Watching the weddings was delightful. There were fireworks for one of them but I claimed them as a present. Total cost for 3 days 2 nights, all meals and alcohol purchased on property under $800. PARKING SUCKS! My guest paid 15 bucks to park but rcvd a coupon for there bar tab equal to the cost.

Room Tip: Our standard hotel room had small fridge and coffee pot. A microwave would have been perfect. Could...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Queenbyst
Reviewed 16 June 2014

To be fair, my hotel room had fresh furniture and was clean and comfortable. It was NOT the ocean front room I reserved. I was traveling alone for a wedding and just enjoying the peace and quiet so I just didn't argue the point. Had my wife been with me we would have stayed elsewhere. Still, disappointed that my room view was the street out front and not the ocean I felt I paid for.

This is an old facility. It has been dressed up to look newer in the pictures. It was well maintained, freshly painted but picture motel rooms from the 60's when room and bathroom sizes were smaller. The staff were very friendly and service oriented. They would always speak and ask if I was enjoying myself. This is due to good training and management. I ate breakfast in the cafe twice and both the food and service were excellent. Friendly people too. Rum Runners was a good tiki bar with good service but the crowd was a bit aged.

Final point is while I was there I got emails from travel companies (the big ones) offering Sirata rooms for 35% less than I paid. Sort of like a finger in my eye. Oh, the free wireless works sometimes but not good enough to really use. It was up and down frequently.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank parfourrick
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

If you have a medical need for a nonsmoking room DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
All rooms are nonsmoking but smoking is allowed on balconies which is essentially in the room since balconies range from about two feet wide to an inch or so. Checked in, smelled smoke, called front desk. Housekeeping came with a spray deodorizer which has no chance of removing smoke odors from bedding, carpet, drapes and furniture. Tried four different rooms then gave up and went to Guy Harvey's down the street. Needed two puffs of rescue inhaler and now also have a headache
Took a shower, sealed smoke infused clothes in plastic and currently watching the sun set, but not at Sirata. Never again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sharon L
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sharon L,
We read with great concern the issues you had with selecting a non smoking room. We pride ourselves on presenting a pristine non smoking atmosphere in all of our sleeping rooms. All of our rooms have been non smoking since 2007. Please accept our apologies for not finding a room that met your expectations. Our staff works very hard to deliver an excellent product and service to each and every guest. I am sorry we let you down. We do hope you will reconsider choosing the Sirata Beach Resort on your next trip to Florida. .

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The resort location is right on the beach. Suites are a little older, but clean. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Kara at Rum Runners. She was very friendly, informative, and attentive. This is a very family (kid) friendly resort, so expect the pools to be full and loud. One suggestion would be to make one pool adults only (maybe Rum Runner pool). The food and sunsets at Rum Runners are great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Awesome from my reservation to my stay. My housekeeper ALLESIA was excellent, curtious, efficient, and helpful. Every place is wheelchair acessable. From beach Wheelchairs to Pool lifts. We usually use dove soap but we forgot ours. The soap that's provided is very Gentle. Quality products used if you forget, until you can go to Store

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

So much to say. I am very familiar with the area as I live 30 minutes away. We usually go farther south but decided to 'get away' but stay closer to home. Was great to have some of my daughter's friends come visit during our stay because of the close proximity. Not the busy season so parking and/or drop off was easy. The crazy thing is the hotel will validate the $8 parking for visitors if you spend $15 at Harry's but yet as a customer paying to stay I had still to pay $8 a day and I only spent $100+ per day at Harry's. Silly policy and not enforced consistently either I learned from the different people that came for the day.
Pools are great. 3 of them. Towel service again not consistent as each attendant has a different story about policy. Before we checked in while waiting for our room they handed us towels. The next day it was sign your life away and get a wrist band. I understand you are trying to keep the beach riff raff out but no chance of me ever wearing that. Actually made me laugh. I am at the pool on vacation not at a nighclub paying for the band cover. Nicole was easiest to deal with if you get her it is simple process. THANKS! Some reviews said there should be some adult only areas
......really? At a family resort. There were families all over as well as couples so it was a good mix. It was easy to get drinks....what I dont understand and was pretty annoyed about was in order to spend this $ hundo plus a day we had to track down a server everyday for 4 days and I sat in the same spot. Dont you work for tips? Then when we finally did corral the server when they brought us a drink they dont even ask the people right around us who are all also on vacation if they wanted a drink. Even if you didnt want to drink...food? One couple had the all inclusive and had to go to the bar for service. I was thinking about the all inclusive next time but the begging for service makes me think twice about it. In the evening sitting at the bar the bartenders are all good and many have been there for a long time. Maybe they could teach the servers.
Some said the hotel is dated. I was in one of the older rooms. It was clean and what we needed. Just sayin...other than condos the hotels on st pete beach have all been there forever. And although it has been awhile for me I forgot that it is the nicest beach you will ever see. That makes some of the annoyances a little less painful to deal with. After all you are coming here for the beach!
The restaurants on property are good for what they have. Prices are ok dont forget you are on the beach. Nothing is really cheap. If you want there are nice restaurants within walking distance north and south on gulf blvd. I hope this review helps someone out. My family and I will be back and I look forward to seeing if management cleans up some of the nutty policies and minor annoyances to make the time at the resort as relaxing as it could be. Oh. One more thing: Shout out.....Bernard the bellman! Thanks for your help.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael M
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Michael,
Thank you for staying at the Sirata Beach Resort. We were happy to read you are coming back for a return visit. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to Bernard. We were very sad to hear you had some issues with your drink and poolside towel service. You can rest assured these issues have been addressed with the appropriate managers. We strive very diligently to make all our guests happy with a great gulf front resort and outstanding guest service. I am sorry we let you down. In regards to our parking fees, most of our competitors charge a substantial Resort Fee whereas we charge items like parking separately. Most guests appreciate this method. We do offer a Resort Saver Package that is inclusive of Parking, and Cabana rental. Thank you again for your repeat patronage. We look forward to your next visit.