Ok I'll start with good:
We just left Sirata, we were there for our honeymoon (just got married 6-21-14) ...And being that we have been together almost 7 years and never taken a real vacation by ourselves (for the exception of Vegas a few years back with parents) we were pretty excited and badly need this. The hotel from the outside is beautiful, both the front and the back. The beach is nice and clean and the staff is very friendly...especially the bartenders at Harrys. The maid service kept up with the room for the most part. The bed was pretty comfty. The over all appearance of the hotel is good.
Moving on to the bad....
Well, let's see...ever since the group that checked into Room 1738 arrived, we were unable to go to sleep before 1 am after trying for hours considering they continously were screaming up and down the hallway (not even exaggerating ) , they kept slamming their door REPEATEDLY, they continued to put the dead bolt facing outside so their door would stay open instead of using a room card like a normal human being, so in turn the door slamming became louder. Even watched the boys slam it on there numerous times , (as if we couldn't hear it from the balcony anways). So after about a few nights of this, finally had to call the front desk....what did they do...nothing. Everything as stated above continued for another hour. Had enough, called up to the front desk again, they tell us that they will send security up to talk to them. Litterrally watched the guard walk down the hallway , turn around and go right back down, doing nothing. So finally called again because it was still continuing , the front desk tells up they will send up security again because I asked them to say something to them before I do. The security guard comes up, knocks on the door , the quietest knock I've ever heard, says nothing, then goes back down again! So finally on our last night (6-30) it was louder then ever. Mind you we had to be up for our flight home at 5 am. They were literally SCREAMING down the hallway again!! Finally I had enough, jumped out of bed , yelled at the two boys, and let them know that there are other people besides them staying at this hotel, and it had been going on for days and enough was enough. After that, we had silence for maybe 5 minutes tops. Finally as they were pounding on their door again, by husband had to get out of bed and yell at them as well, which he also noticed there were kids just sitting in the hallways and this was at about 11:30 pm. Great parenting. Finally he called the front desk again...for the 4 th or 5th time and FINALLY they sent up a security guard who actually did his job. He knocked on the door and told them to be quiet, and what do you know it finally got quiet! And this was around midnight at this point, so having to be up for our flight in 5 hours, it was pretty much pointless by that point. So needless to say, our relaxing honeymoon, turned into not so relaxing, which I'm still upset about considering we don't have money lying around to spend. You'd think they would of offered to move our room, upgrade us , SOMETHING but no. Literally took days and numerous phone calls to get a result. And we were on our HONEYMOON! Only one we will ever get, not like we were just visiting for vacation. There needs to be more security for sure. We barely ever saw guards anywhere. And if your going to have all he pools open to childen, there needs to be a lifeguard, because most of their parents are drunk not paying attention. Literally saw this kid (guessing around 12-13)kept jumping in right next to an older couple on purpose then laughing about it afterwards. Then the kid went to do it me and my husband immediately warned him that he better not. So as you can see, the list continues. Not sure If we will ever be back to stay at the Sirata, based on the lack of security and the service we were given after contacting the front desk NUMEROUS times. The accommodated the room that was noisey, while my husband and I had to suffer. I thought resorts were supposed to be relaxing...if it wasn't for the bad customer service and lack of security I would have given 5 stars and let the rest slide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida