“I thought resorts were supposed to be relaxing”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Ok I'll start with good:
We just left Sirata, we were there for our honeymoon (just got married 6-21-14) ...And being that we have been together almost 7 years and never taken a real vacation by ourselves (for the exception of Vegas a few years back with parents) we were pretty excited and badly need this. The hotel from the outside is beautiful, both the front and the back. The beach is nice and clean and the staff is very friendly...especially the bartenders at Harrys. The maid service kept up with the room for the most part. The bed was pretty comfty. The over all appearance of the hotel is good.
Moving on to the bad....
Well, let's see...ever since the group that checked into Room 1738 arrived, we were unable to go to sleep before 1 am after trying for hours considering they continously were screaming up and down the hallway (not even exaggerating ) , they kept slamming their door REPEATEDLY, they continued to put the dead bolt facing outside so their door would stay open instead of using a room card like a normal human being, so in turn the door slamming became louder. Even watched the boys slam it on there numerous times , (as if we couldn't hear it from the balcony anways). So after about a few nights of this, finally had to call the front desk....what did they do...nothing. Everything as stated above continued for another hour. Had enough, called up to the front desk again, they tell us that they will send security up to talk to them. Litterrally watched the guard walk down the hallway , turn around and go right back down, doing nothing. So finally called again because it was still continuing , the front desk tells up they will send up security again because I asked them to say something to them before I do. The security guard comes up, knocks on the door , the quietest knock I've ever heard, says nothing, then goes back down again! So finally on our last night (6-30) it was louder then ever. Mind you we had to be up for our flight home at 5 am. They were literally SCREAMING down the hallway again!! Finally I had enough, jumped out of bed , yelled at the two boys, and let them know that there are other people besides them staying at this hotel, and it had been going on for days and enough was enough. After that, we had silence for maybe 5 minutes tops. Finally as they were pounding on their door again, by husband had to get out of bed and yell at them as well, which he also noticed there were kids just sitting in the hallways and this was at about 11:30 pm. Great parenting. Finally he called the front desk again...for the 4 th or 5th time and FINALLY they sent up a security guard who actually did his job. He knocked on the door and told them to be quiet, and what do you know it finally got quiet! And this was around midnight at this point, so having to be up for our flight in 5 hours, it was pretty much pointless by that point. So needless to say, our relaxing honeymoon, turned into not so relaxing, which I'm still upset about considering we don't have money lying around to spend. You'd think they would of offered to move our room, upgrade us , SOMETHING but no. Literally took days and numerous phone calls to get a result. And we were on our HONEYMOON! Only one we will ever get, not like we were just visiting for vacation. There needs to be more security for sure. We barely ever saw guards anywhere. And if your going to have all he pools open to childen, there needs to be a lifeguard, because most of their parents are drunk not paying attention. Literally saw this kid (guessing around 12-13)kept jumping in right next to an older couple on purpose then laughing about it afterwards. Then the kid went to do it me and my husband immediately warned him that he better not. So as you can see, the list continues. Not sure If we will ever be back to stay at the Sirata, based on the lack of security and the service we were given after contacting the front desk NUMEROUS times. The accommodated the room that was noisey, while my husband and I had to suffer. I thought resorts were supposed to be relaxing...if it wasn't for the bad customer service and lack of security I would have given 5 stars and let the rest slide.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer F
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Jennifer F,
Thank you for your discerning feedback. We appreciate your detailed comments. We were very glad to read you liked our friendly staff and our wonderful beach location. You can rest assured the issues you encountered with noisy neighbors have been addressed with our Security staff. We strive for perfection in everything we do and I am so sorry we did not live up to your expectations. We do hope to see you on a return visit to St Pete beach.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was my first visit to St. Pete Beach, my boyfriend lived there for a while. I can honestly say it was once of the most memorable vacations I've ever taken! The location of the resort could not be better on the beautiful gulf beaches! The rooms couldnt use a facelift, but the beds were so comfortable and the view was amazing so it really didn't even matter. The food and atmosphere at Harry's Beach Bar is amazing! One thing I will say, the service was outstanding! Everyone was so friendly including my favorite bartenders-- Dominick, Joey & Zack. Make sure you go visit them at Harry's!! You will not be disappointed! Needless to say, I'm already looking into planning our next trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked a package through Southwest and seemed to get a better deal than those who booked separately. I asked for a standard room and received a suite and free parking and with my air and car paid the same as what the rest paid for the room.
Everything was fine, balcony view right on the water, staff was nice and usual amenities. Many properties in the area to choose from but this wouldn't be a bad choice. It appeared all upper rooms had a water view but check. Stay off the first floor. Some had nice sitting areas but lack of privacy and no view. No freebies like breakfast, unless you buy into packages.

Room Tip: I prefer my suite in Bldg. 4 to some of the others in Bldg. 2 who were right on the beach. I had a k...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeRhodeIsland
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Was here 2 weeks prior to this visit for a wedding -and fell in love w the place . Booked a 2 night return , through the resort, paid for romance package. Ummmm, never received champagne , called desk to remind them
Hours later still no champagne , called again and got transferred to several people w no answer finally hung up. Called next morning asked for manager, talked w Chris . I negotiated a credit for the never received item . A bottle is supposed to arrive today, we shall see. Room nor the cleanest ( drip marks on outside of refrigerator ) it's 2:20 & my room has still not been cleaned. Service at rum runners slow, i eventually just went up to the bar to ask for extra napkins. I'm not a happy camper this time around. The Tradewinds are right next door. I've stayed there before. It might be time for me to visit them again.

2  Thank Francisco C

Dear Francisco C,
Thank you so much for your repeat patronage. We read with great concern your comments regarding your Romance Package booking. Please accept our apologizes for not delivering the Champagne to your room as ordered. We pride ourselves on providing each and every guest a wonderful experience. We obviously fell short in your case and for that we are truly sorry. We sincerely hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

just got home from a week at the sirata, we had upgraded to a king suite and it had a great bed which was huge with TV well worth the extra, separate Kitchen/lounge again with TV the room was facing the road and over looking the bay in building one - so no noise at all and the balcony was cool and very pleasant in the evenings, many thanks to Jessie and Michelle for their excellent service. The beach was amazing and we will return asap.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed here numerous times and love it. Fun for the entire family. The staff has always gone the extra mile. We love rum runners, the food and staff. We always look forward to the buckets at rum runners and we love the bartender Robert. I will be back!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Are you kidding? Music rattling my door all night from a high school reunion. 20 minute wait for beach towels. Grumpy bartenders. NO PARKING. 250 bucks a night? Stopped up shower drain so you stand in your leftover bath water. I will never even look at this place again.

2  Thank Nolen G

Dear Nolen G,
Our entire team at the Sirata Beach Resort works hard to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. We sincerely apologized for the issues you encountered. Your candid review will assist us in making improvements to our product and service. We do hope your future plans will bring you back to our beautiful beachfront property.