First, I rated this a 4 star because it is what it is and gets the job done. We rented a King Suite on the the 6th floor, Room 4644.
First the good: The room was clean and I have to give a great shout out to the housekeeper on our floor during our stay. Friendly, efficient and always had a great attitude. Great location to the beach and the resort special they had which included a 2 person cabana on the beach was nice. More about this later.
All we really wanted was a clean room and great beach and we got both of those at a reasonable price. It did have a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, dished, etc
The Average: We ate at the beach bar and the food was pretty average, which I didn't expect it to be anything but.
Watch Out: BALCONY: If you think you are getting a balcony, watch out. The 6th floor has only one room with a REAL balcony, that you can walk out sit. Our was referred to as a "French" balcony, which means you can open the window onto a railing where you can stand inside the room and look out. The 5th floor has 2 rooms, the 4th has 3 rooms, etc.
The Bad: Parking: If the hotel is full and you come back late, there may not be a place to park. We had this happen 2x in our 4 night stay.
Check In: We arrived earlier than the 4PM check in and they told us our room was not ready, which is fine. They took my cell number and told me they would call me when it was ready. This didn't happen. About 3:30 I noticed a couple unloading their car, who was standing behind us in line when we tried to check in. I asked them how they already got a room and they said to bypass the front desk and ask the concierge. He told them their room was ready. I followed their advice and guess what, my room was ready although I received no phone call.
The Concierge: Granted, we only asked him for info one time, but he was 0-1. We went to a Tampa Bay Rays game and asked what there was to do in the area and the best way to get there. He didn't tell us about the free parking and the free tram that runs downtown and to the game. There is also a great restaurant/bar area on Central Ave for after the game.
Overall, the 4 days were exactly what we wanted and the Sirata came through.
BONUS: Eat at the Mad Fish. Very short walk from the hotel and the food is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida