“Nice for the Kind of Place it is”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Atlanta
“Nice for the Kind of Place it is”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

First, I rated this a 4 star because it is what it is and gets the job done. We rented a King Suite on the the 6th floor, Room 4644.
First the good: The room was clean and I have to give a great shout out to the housekeeper on our floor during our stay. Friendly, efficient and always had a great attitude. Great location to the beach and the resort special they had which included a 2 person cabana on the beach was nice. More about this later.
All we really wanted was a clean room and great beach and we got both of those at a reasonable price. It did have a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, dished, etc
The Average: We ate at the beach bar and the food was pretty average, which I didn't expect it to be anything but.
Watch Out: BALCONY: If you think you are getting a balcony, watch out. The 6th floor has only one room with a REAL balcony, that you can walk out sit. Our was referred to as a "French" balcony, which means you can open the window onto a railing where you can stand inside the room and look out. The 5th floor has 2 rooms, the 4th has 3 rooms, etc.
The Bad: Parking: If the hotel is full and you come back late, there may not be a place to park. We had this happen 2x in our 4 night stay.
Check In: We arrived earlier than the 4PM check in and they told us our room was not ready, which is fine. They took my cell number and told me they would call me when it was ready. This didn't happen. About 3:30 I noticed a couple unloading their car, who was standing behind us in line when we tried to check in. I asked them how they already got a room and they said to bypass the front desk and ask the concierge. He told them their room was ready. I followed their advice and guess what, my room was ready although I received no phone call.
The Concierge: Granted, we only asked him for info one time, but he was 0-1. We went to a Tampa Bay Rays game and asked what there was to do in the area and the best way to get there. He didn't tell us about the free parking and the free tram that runs downtown and to the game. There is also a great restaurant/bar area on Central Ave for after the game.
Overall, the 4 days were exactly what we wanted and the Sirata came through.
BONUS: Eat at the Mad Fish. Very short walk from the hotel and the food is very good.

Room Tip: If available, choose a beach FRONT room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,037)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
League City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Kara was our waitress at Rum Runners. She was excellent!! Very detailed and customer oriented. Kara made some really good recommendations that we took advantage of. She's an asset to the hotel.
Thanks for a great experience:)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Flaherty KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very Nice overall... The Front Desk and BellHop were great. Bernard the Bellhop made you feel really welcome. We arrived early due to flights and they did store our luggage and took my number to call when rooms were ready... by 4'oclock that day no one had called yet so went to front desk and they were almost done by that time with our rooms.We also had a room that adjoined to another and this was alittle loud since you could hear everytime they closed the doors. The A/C units are alittle loud also... but at least they do work!
Rooms were clean and bathrooms were basic but clean.
I would much rather not have had an adjoining room and if i go again i will try to request this.
House Keeping was slow... they did not get to our rooms till late in day around 4 or 5 which was alittle aggravating due to trying to get cleaned up for dinner. They do not always wash the coffee cups out so I did have to go to front desk and ask for Styro Foam cups instead.
The resort does offer 3 very nice pools and loved the outside Beach Bar restaurants. The resort was also very clean in all the common areas.

Room Tip: Rent the Cabana and chairs on beach! Nice not having to deal with umbrellas blowing away.
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are kind of outdated, but I wasn't there to sit in the hotel room so it didn't bother me. The staff was friendly and gave us a 15% off coupon for our next stay. There was a great view of the beach from the balcony outside of our room. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed August 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I checked into the Sirata along with my 16 year old daughter, the check in was amazing, the registration builing smelled amazing, kind of a tropical smell which helped with the tropical kind of vibe. The front desk agent Sofia was a very sweet girl. Our room wasnt ready when we arrived which i didnt mind because we arrived before the check in time. She explained we could use the pool until it was so we did. However, once we actually got into the room is when the issues began. Upon arriving to the room we were greeted by a microwave, i didnt mind this i thought it may have been broken so we called down to have it picked up, upon housekeeping arriving to pickup the microwave, the house keeper made VERY RUDE remarks to my daughter which were not okay as well as the bathroom looked as if it had not been serviced at all! At this point i was over it & decided itd be best to relocate to another hotel. The same girl Sofia & her manager Curtis were both very nice & understanding of the situation, Sofia even went as far as in to give my daughter and i a complementary meal & expressed how sorry she was that we were not staying. The resort seemed to be a beautiful place & the front desk staff was amazing we just felt it'd be best if we left.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My boyfriend surprised me by taking me away for a birthday weekend getaway. We are in our mid-late 40s and while having kids of our own, it's nice to be able to get away on our own every once in a while to relax and unwind. After evaluating many resorts, locations, amenities, prices and availability we decided upon the Sirata. However, while it was nice to getaway for the weekend, if you are looking for a relaxing, enjoyable stay continue to look elsewhere! It appears that this resort caters more towards families so if that is what you are looking for, it may fit your bill.

The room was okay and refurbished to include new bedding, however the beds were very hard and lumpy, pillows were flat and very uncomfortable, dirty showers, furniture in bad shape and walls are so paper thin that if you are unlucky like us and get situated next to a room full of kids and parents yelling at those kids, it can really ruin the time in the room.

The resort does offer 3 pools, bars and multiple restaurant choices. It was nice that there was always music playing at the pool/ bar areas. The main issue that we had with this resort was that out of 3 pools, none of them have been deemed to be a quiet or adult only pool. Most all resorts nowadays provide a quiet pool for the adults to enjoy pool time as well. Even though we bounced back and forth between 3 pools in 2 days, there are always going to be kids jumping and splashing on you, kicking water, hitting you with pool toys/rafts, and just being loud. Again, this really deters from an adult being able to relax in a pool, actually swim in the pools and enjoy a relaxing atmosphere. Out of multiple pools at this resort, I see no reason why the Sirata cannot designate 1 to be a quiet pool for adults to also enjoy their vacation.

The last issue that we had with this resort was that the bars close early and even though Harrys advertises the nice fire pit that guests can sit around at night and enjoy with a drink in hand, when we arrived one evening at approx. 9:30pm, the fire was not lit and Harry's was closed up, quiet and dark. So much for trying to enjoy at least 1 evening of our stay in a relaxing environment.

So, overall if you are looking for a loud, kid/ family oriented resort that is located on the beach and close to a lot of amenities at a reasonable price, then this resort may be for you. However if you are an adult couple just looking to get away for the weekend, keep looking elsewhere. Oh and don't forget your own beach chairs if you stay, otherwise be expected to pay an exorbitant amount of money for 2 beach chair rentals for a day!

2 Thank SLM800
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear SLM800,
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we always strive to provide each guest with an enjoyable experience at our resort and apologize that we did not achieve that on this particular occasion. We are a family oriented resort and at the peak of summer family travel season, we do have a very active pool environment. Late August and into the fall is a great time to come after the kids are back in school. The staff and I are following up on your concerns regarding your comments to ensure that we improve our product and service. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work on those areas which would have made your stay with us an even more enjoyable and memorable one.
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my sixth return visit to the Sirata Beach Resort. We stayed the week of July 19th. I knew the type of room I wanted so I had reserved the room well in advance, which was a good thing because there was a convention at this hotel the week we were there. I spoke with Casey in reservations several times about the room and when we arrived it was exactly what I had requested. I don't think I have ever had a better experience with a reservationist!
The hotel has 3 beautiful pools, which they keep spotless. The beach is beautiful as well and we enjoyed many great sunsets.
The only downside is they advertise free internet, which didn't work well at all. I called down to the front desk to tell them and they advised me I could pay for "better" internet for 12.95 a day. Since I was on vacation I decided I could do without internet for that cost.
We will be back nextyear for sure!