“really nice stay”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 11 August 2014

For the first time stay at this property, I could say it was really nice. People were friendly, housekeeping was really nice....the only thing that bothered me, which maybe is not that big, but I like balconies in the room, to have a coffee in the morning , to dry bathing suits ....which was little disappointing since only small number of rooms has balconies, and I assume you have to pay more money for it...I had to dry our bathing suits by putting the chair outside the front door, in the hallway ..... it is not too big of a deal, but wish all roms have balcony.

I agree with Wi FI was sooooooooooo slow.

When my son got hurt at the beach, I head few people (Marty ) helping me and asking with another waiter how my son is, that was really nice.

It is nice resort, I would probably opt to go there again, food was good in all 3 restaurants, people at the front desk were very pleasant and hospitable.

1  Thank Mima011

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at the Sirata Beach Resort this weekend with my family for a long beach weekend. I was overall very impressed with the hotel. The service was impeccable. We had an issue when we arrived in our room where the toilet was leaking in the bathroom. Within 10 minutes of our call to maintenance, the issue was being resolved.

The location is amazing, you are literally steps from the beach. You can rent a two chair cabana for the day for $25/day. The cabanas appear to go fast, so you'll want to hit the lobby early if you choose to rent. I would recommend it. The beach is nice, but sometimes you want some shade too. The beach is clean and I saw several patrols, cleaning and making sure that people were not getting too crazy.

There are several complaints on here that the rooms are old and outdated. I would agree with this, but my expectation for a beach hotel is not stellar rooms but rather beach proximity and amenities. With three on site restaurants (we only tried one - Harry's and the food was delicious), three on site pools, a fitness room, a game room for kids, and immediate access to a private beach, the rooms were of little concern to me. They were cleaned very well and stocked with the necessities (towels, extra TP, shampoo/conditioner/body wash).

Overall, I would highly recommend this resort.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just spent two nights at the Sirata for my wife's 35th high school reunion. Our great experience start the minute John the bellhop took our bags! It's a big place and when we arrived there was limited parking available. John told us of a "secret" place to park, lets say I didn't need a valet! He was very friendly and knowledgeable of the property. Then there was Jessica who tended bar at both our Friday night mixer and the Saturday night dinner party. She remembered that my friend liked Crown and made sure she had it the second night! (she offered to have it brought the 1st night but we declined) And I would be remiss in not talking about the service we received from Karen, the Sirata's 2013 Employee of the year! I can see why! Her secret? Treat people like she would like to be treated......an novel idea we all could live by! Charming personality and attentive! There were others too, from Wesley and Chris who kept things going both Friday and Saturday nights and others who I didn't get their names. My wife and I would highly recommend the Sirata for your next stay in west Florida!

Room Tip: second floor beach view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GatorJim1956
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is nice with all the amenities and it is right on the beach. We got a suite and a regular room for our kids.Suite was a little small but nice. We got married on the beach and stayed for two nights. The regular room our two smaller kids stayed in with my uncle. The room had two beds. After the first night the kids and my uncle had bites all over and we didn't know why but thought possible bed bugs.The night of my wedding he took them back to sleep and my uncle felt he was getting bit. He pulled the sheets down and there was blood on the sheets from night before and caught two big bed bugs. He called me after when I was celebrating with friends and I had to have my father drive 25 miles back to hotel to get the out so they could stay at his house because my uncle was celebrating and drinking. I went to the front desk with the bugs in a hand towel and they gave me a discount of not even one night off one room when the regular room we ended up not using because of bugs and my new wife was ...well bridezilla mad because her wedding night changed because kids situation. Stayed 8/08 and 8/9/14

Room Tip: Bring off spray
7  Thank ErikA252
Sirata_10, Guest Relations Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear ErikA252
We are saddened to read that your recent experience at Sirata Beach Resort was a disappointment and sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered. The resort is under contract with an outside pest control company that regularly treats the property. Known as “hitch hikers”, these insects can arrive on site. We have reviewed your folio and see that the unused night was credited to your account. You can rest assured we have shared your review with the appropriate departments to make the necessary improvements. I would like to further discuss this matter to your satisfaction if you will contact me directly.at Candrews@sirata.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

First the good stuff... this is our 2nd visit to the Sirata and overall we had a pleasant experience. The rooms are nice, quiet, and clean. The pool and spa are excellent, and kept very clean. Access to the beach is quick and easy, and there are plenty of things to do on and around the beach as part of the hotel. While we didn't eat on site this time, I can say the food at Compass Grille is good and decently priced.

The only hitches this time came at the check-in. Our room wasn't ready when we checked in, and had to kill about an hour before getting our key. Then we couldn't find a luggage cart to save our lives, so me with a sore neck had to drag bags across the parking lot to get them upstairs. Thankfully the start was not indicative of the entire stay, but you'd think a hotel with so many rooms (several hundred?) wouldn't hide the luggage carts when you need them. Free wifi was a bit sketchy in the room.

We would stay here again, however.

Room Tip: While many will advise you get the beach-side rooms, we've twice been on the street-side and thi...
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just got home from a two day conference at the Sirata. No one enjoys sitting for 2 days, but just knowing that lunch was overlooking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico helped a lot. Dinner and walking the beach after sitting all day was also good. Please, note - the Sirata conference rooms were comfortable, spacious, and pleasant. The staff was so friendly and helpful I know we all had a good time, and maybe even learned a thing or two. LOL
I would go back for a vacation or another conference.

Room Tip: This is a big complex. I am sure the rates are based on Gulf views and size of room. Know that the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Traveling with our family of four and senior parents we stayed for a wedding event on August 3 and 4. After passing through the gated entry for parking our vehicle was third in line outside the lobby portico. There is a cordoned wait line as soon as you pass the automatic doors. The lobby appears small for the amount of traffic through this busy 380 room "resort". Absent was the water cooler or coffee station common in resort and hotel lobbies. After standing in line for a short wait my husband was helped by one of the 3 attendants at the desk checking in guests. I attempted to roll a luggage cart to the car only to be told the carts were only for use by the bellmen. First hospitality impression...expect to pay extra for any guest service,..check. The problem with this MOTEL is it's 380 rooms are distributed across 3 wings. Good luck carrying bags for your family and elderly parents from the parking lot up a flight of stairs, through a breezeway, and back down 5 steps to an outside corridor down to your door. No, there were not luggage carts available for guests to use adjacent to the parking areas or near the barely 4'x 6' elevators, which aren't air-conditioned. I wonder how long we might have waited to have a bellman carry our bags up to our 2 rooms.
The website boasts free high speed internet. Wifi was so slow and spotty that my 12 year old gave up in frustration. We were offered an upgraded service for an additional 13$/ PER NIGHT!! Check. We reviewed the menu and prices for the onsite restaurant and instead walked the 2 blocks to Skidder's for several meals. The varied menu was very reasonable and the quality of the food was exceptional. The staff was super friendly and efficient and the diner like atmosphere was inviting and clean!!
Back to the room. We checked in around 3 and I needed my afternoon cup of joe. Great, there's a coffee maker in the room. I pulled it out from the dusty recesses of the entertainment credenza to find a used coffee packet remaining inside the filter cup. After suppressing the wave of nausea I felt upon wondering how long it might have been there or if the appliances were ever properly cleaned, we went to the restaurant and paid for coffee...check.
The room was simply outdated and well worn. Adequate perhaps but not particularly clean or inviting. Ours was on the small side with barely 3 feet between the foot of the bed and the credenza. The upholstery was gross and the curtains over the air-conditioner were riddled with mildew and the whole place need a good dusting. Our door faced a courtyard so our only views were from the pool terrace facing the beautiful ocean and white sands of St Pete.
We only stayed here for the wedding and it was not cheap accommodations. We would not stay again. As another reviewer put it, if your looking for a spring break party spot it might be just the ticket. But for our money there are many other true resorts that know hospitality.
Overall we found nothing to commend this establishment except the beach and the beautiful sunset and ocean views, but they can't exactly take the credit for that now can they?

3  Thank Cheri K
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Cheri K,
Please accept our humblest apologies for your less than perfect stay. I am so sorry we did not live up to your expectations. Our staff strives everyday to be the difference. You can rest assured the difficulties you experienced have been addressed. I know we can and will do better. We appreciate your candid feedback and hope you will give us another chance.