“Missing Resort Service... disappointment”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Florida
“Missing Resort Service... disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and I spent the weekend here in August. After a few minor disappointments, it turned into a big disappointment. Let's say we are those quiet ones who share our experience amongst family & friends to avoid such a property.

The desk staff seemed awfully confused. They also couldn't offer any info on the weather forecast for the weekend, other than "its going to be sunny & hot". The room was freezing - something we often don't experience at hotels. The thermostat was dropped to the lowest setting on the highest fan. I'm surprised it didn't freeze up! Have to say the only good surprise was one of the grounds men who was taking the trash out, held the elevator door open for us while walking down the hall, and then after wished us a good night. We saw him again the following day of which we were greeted with a smile and a good day! Finally a young man dedicated enough to engage with the guests.

The 2nd night, we just couldn't believe the demeanor & behavior of the other guests. We had our door knocked on at 1:30am of which appeared through the peek hole, to be a teenage girl with an ice bucket. In a mid-sleep panic, the girl ran after disrupting us. Then only to continue going in and out of her actual room next door. Amongst the parents who abandoned their teenage crew to go party at 2am, these teens continued throughout the night to go in and out of their room(s) slamming the door and screaming in the halls. I swear they didn't get to bed, as promptly at 5am, they were at it again. Security was called by a neighbor across from us, without result. Without sleep from the night, we just wanted a relaxing day at the beach....

We were warmly greeted at the beach side restaurant, only to be deceived by what should have been a quick breakfast before relaxing in the sun. A slow customer base, we were so surprised that it took over 40 minutes to get our egg breakfast. We watched several guests get custom omelets while we waited for a menu egg sandwich. After awhile, our server disappeared. We couldn't even pay for our meal. After an hour and 15 minutes, we finally got out to the beach, ...

After stepping into copper wiring and other odd items within the sand, we had enough. This place is done and we won't be returning. Can't believe I am saying that Fort Myers Beach may have been better maintained with its cigarette buds than this beach area, and with more attentive staff...

Room Tip: Try to select something quite, but you never know who is going to be placed next to you. We didn'...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank YourSecretShopper
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear yoursecretshopper,
Thank you so much for your constructive comments. Please accept our apologizes for the issues you encountered with unruly guests and slow service in our restaurant. I have forwarded your comments to the Director of Security and the Director of Food and Beverage. You can rest assured improvements will be made. We are so sorry the noise issue marred your visit. We are known for our quiet and relaxing atmosphere. This certainly was an isolated incident. On the bright side, we are glad to hear you were greeted warmly and treated special by our grounds staff person. We do hope to see you on your next visit to St Pete Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,037)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived on 10th August. Excellent check in and had a free upgrade. Excellent staff all throughout the resort. Lovely on site food not overpriced. Beach lovely and clean. Pools heated with towels provided. Comfy beds and resort lovely and clean. Would definitely visit again :)

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Mandy619
Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was our first visit to St. Pete Beach and the Sirata, what a beautiful place. We arrived around noon on Friday, checked in and gave my cell number to let me know when the room would be ready. We went to Harry's Beach Bar for lunch where they served a very good fish sandwich. Took a ride around the area, returned about 3:00 when the phone rang that our room ready, an hour before check in. This is a pretty big place so it took a little time to get our bearings and find our beachfront room. Nothing fancy but very comfortable, and what a view of the white sand and gulf! Stopped at Compass Grille and looked at the menu but decided to give Rum Runners a try instead. What a nice beachfront bar/restaurant. We ended up spending most of our time (2 dinners and 2 breakfasts) here, plus a nice pool. So relaxing, listening to the entertainment, watching the Rays on several screens, watching the ocean, enjoying a few cold rum runners and oh those sunsets!. Best weekend I've had in a long time. Now to find an excuse to come back. Please don't tell anyone about this place, let's keep this a secret to ourselves.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim S
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Tim S,
Thank you so much for the wonderful praise. “BEST WEEKEND IN A LONG TIME” is our goal for you. We appreciate you pointing the great food and beverage options and relaxing atmosphere at the award winning Rum Runners grille. We agree the Sunsets are amazing. It was our pleasure to serve you.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I went on vacation last week and stayed at the Sirata Beach Resort in St. Pete Florida. The resort is located right in front of the beach. This is what we really wanted.
The hotel is old, looks old and feels old. However, management tries to keep things running the best possible way.You can see they really try.
There are 3 pools in the resort and they are all tiny. This was disappointing since my kids are nuts about pools and it was not really enjoyable to share a tiny pool with so many people.
The resort's most valuable asset is the personnel that works there. I have stayed at the Hilton, Hyatt and many other well known franchises and never ever had the level of service and cordiality I encountered at the Sirata. Every body that works there is super nice. I called maintenance a few times, and every single time the person would showed up at my door within minutes of my call and fixed the issue. That was great.
I strongly recommend this hotels for its location and the people that works there.
Almost forgot to mention something else. The burgers at rum runners are incredible delicious. Strongly recommended.

1 Thank Carlos M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I loved my stay at the Siarta. Beautiful resort, wonderful staff, and worth going back to again and again. The resort had all the amenities you could hope for and wonderful restaurants and bars on the premises.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank kderep
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

For the first time stay at this property, I could say it was really nice. People were friendly, housekeeping was really nice....the only thing that bothered me, which maybe is not that big, but I like balconies in the room, to have a coffee in the morning , to dry bathing suits ....which was little disappointing since only small number of rooms has balconies, and I assume you have to pay more money for it...I had to dry our bathing suits by putting the chair outside the front door, in the hallway ..... it is not too big of a deal, but wish all roms have balcony.

I agree with Wi FI was sooooooooooo slow.

When my son got hurt at the beach, I head few people (Marty ) helping me and asking with another waiter how my son is, that was really nice.

It is nice resort, I would probably opt to go there again, food was good in all 3 restaurants, people at the front desk were very pleasant and hospitable.

1 Thank Mima011
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at the Sirata Beach Resort this weekend with my family for a long beach weekend. I was overall very impressed with the hotel. The service was impeccable. We had an issue when we arrived in our room where the toilet was leaking in the bathroom. Within 10 minutes of our call to maintenance, the issue was being resolved.

The location is amazing, you are literally steps from the beach. You can rent a two chair cabana for the day for $25/day. The cabanas appear to go fast, so you'll want to hit the lobby early if you choose to rent. I would recommend it. The beach is nice, but sometimes you want some shade too. The beach is clean and I saw several patrols, cleaning and making sure that people were not getting too crazy.

There are several complaints on here that the rooms are old and outdated. I would agree with this, but my expectation for a beach hotel is not stellar rooms but rather beach proximity and amenities. With three on site restaurants (we only tried one - Harry's and the food was delicious), three on site pools, a fitness room, a game room for kids, and immediate access to a private beach, the rooms were of little concern to me. They were cleaned very well and stocked with the necessities (towels, extra TP, shampoo/conditioner/body wash).

Overall, I would highly recommend this resort.