My wife and I spent the weekend here in August. After a few minor disappointments, it turned into a big disappointment. Let's say we are those quiet ones who share our experience amongst family & friends to avoid such a property.
The desk staff seemed awfully confused. They also couldn't offer any info on the weather forecast for the weekend, other than "its going to be sunny & hot". The room was freezing - something we often don't experience at hotels. The thermostat was dropped to the lowest setting on the highest fan. I'm surprised it didn't freeze up! Have to say the only good surprise was one of the grounds men who was taking the trash out, held the elevator door open for us while walking down the hall, and then after wished us a good night. We saw him again the following day of which we were greeted with a smile and a good day! Finally a young man dedicated enough to engage with the guests.
The 2nd night, we just couldn't believe the demeanor & behavior of the other guests. We had our door knocked on at 1:30am of which appeared through the peek hole, to be a teenage girl with an ice bucket. In a mid-sleep panic, the girl ran after disrupting us. Then only to continue going in and out of her actual room next door. Amongst the parents who abandoned their teenage crew to go party at 2am, these teens continued throughout the night to go in and out of their room(s) slamming the door and screaming in the halls. I swear they didn't get to bed, as promptly at 5am, they were at it again. Security was called by a neighbor across from us, without result. Without sleep from the night, we just wanted a relaxing day at the beach....
We were warmly greeted at the beach side restaurant, only to be deceived by what should have been a quick breakfast before relaxing in the sun. A slow customer base, we were so surprised that it took over 40 minutes to get our egg breakfast. We watched several guests get custom omelets while we waited for a menu egg sandwich. After awhile, our server disappeared. We couldn't even pay for our meal. After an hour and 15 minutes, we finally got out to the beach, ...
After stepping into copper wiring and other odd items within the sand, we had enough. This place is done and we won't be returning. Can't believe I am saying that Fort Myers Beach may have been better maintained with its cigarette buds than this beach area, and with more attentive staff...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida