“BED BUGS!!!”

Blind Pass Resort-Motel
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
“BED BUGS!!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staff friendly, place seemed clean, overall...we stayed 3 nights and now 2 of the 3 of us (who shared the same bed) have severe cases of bed bug bites (verified by dermatologist). Resort notified and they apologized, but offered no refund or credit for future stay. Location was okay, but I would not stay here again as I would want to be closer to beachfront. Writing this to warn potential guests to this "resort"...

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Ojos76
diana106, Director of Sales at Blind Pass Resort-Motel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
This comment is from the same household as the above comment. Again, I am sorry that something bit you while vacationing, but, as I stated to your wife in the above comment, we had our pest control company come out the very next day. They inspected that room and found NO BED BUGS at all. Please read my above response about this same issue reported/commented by the same family.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was my wife and I's first time visiting the Saint Beach area. If you want a place that is close to trolley stops, restaurants, shopping, and beaches, this is a clean and economical alternative for you. This is exactly the type of accommodations to choose when coming to this area. We enjoyed the quaint, small town feel of the resort and its location. We were quite pleased with the staff and accommodations. The next time we come to the area, we will definitely stay with them again. Thank you for a GREAT STAY!

Room Tip: This area has everything from the big city feel in St. Petersburg and Clear Water to the quiet relax...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin R
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. I had a customer service issue that was resolved well and Bruce (the manager) displayed professional and respect the whole time while helping me. I would recommend to those that stay in St. Pete Beach to stay there during their stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Jerry Jio What fabulous people to work with. I thought we had a major issue; they made it a minor issue; then actually reversed everything to a POSITIVE! I enjoyed myself immensely. Will return indeed

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
wesley chapel, florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My sister was coming for Spring Break and I was desperate for a beach get-away. Most places I had previously visited were doing intense price gouging, so when I booked at a very reasonable rate I was skeptical. No need! The place was charming and very clean. Whenever I had a need or question, Bruce, the manager, was immediately on it. We hung out at Caddy's, a wonderful place for food and drinks, where for a small tip, you get a chair and beach umbrella right on the beach. The trolley runs from Pass a Grill to Clearwater so you have easy access to limitless shops and eateries. If you don't have to be a step from the beach, Blind Pass Resort is a perfect base for all the adventure that awaits you in St. Pete Beach. Thank-you Bruce, for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Northern Ontario
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here from March 14th to 23rd, 2014. We had a one bedroom "suite" poolside. It contained a small bedroom; a 4 pc bathroom with tub, and a smaller 3 pc ensuite with shower stall; a small kitchen area with stove top elements, fridge, microwave and sink area; as well as a small sitting area with table/chairs, couch and TV. There were enough dishes supplied for our needs (coffee in the morning, and to make a few sandwiches or snacks). Air conditioning worked well, but rattled at times. Windows opened which was welcome to let in the beautiful Florida weather. Housekeeping was done daily - and done well. No problem with Wi-Fi. The pool area was nice to relax at, but be warned, if you have an early wake-up call, or are a light sleeper, a room by the pool might be too noisy. The staff was friendly and helpful . Laundry facilities were adequate. Location was central to many local attractions and several excellent restaurants, Sea Hags, Verducci's, Tutorrosso, and Skidder's to name a few. Close to beaches. We were quite satisfied with Blind Pass Resort for the price we paid. Small upgrades such as fresh shower curtain liners, new shower head, better quality pillows would go a long way in boosting our opinion. As the last reviewer mentioned, the basics are there, just a few minor improvements would make a huge difference. If you want clean, basic, reasonably priced accommodation, don't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chiquita108
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This is a low key friendly environment. The physical layout offers many options in terms of the type of accommodation you want. Pool side or courtyard. I believe all units have a small kitchen efficiency
The place is under new ownership Efforts are being made to spruce up the place. The cleaning staff work hard but need better training. I found dirty socks , water bottles and broken glass behind the furniture. Kitchenette is poorly stocked. Need better towels!! Met a number of people that come annually and enjoy their stay although all commented that the place had declined and were hopeful the new owners would bring it back. Don't be afraid to let the office know if things are not right so they can have an opportunity to remedy it. The pool was great!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple