“"Another Day In Paradise"”
Review of Coconut Inn

Coconut Inn
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Malone, New York
“"Another Day In Paradise"”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My wife and I spent two fantastic weeks in room #10, at the "Coconut Inn, Pass a Grille". The inn is nestled in a residential/commercial district, just a short walk from a pristine, white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico. Pass a Grille is a laid back historic community, with friendly folks and great restaurants. Everything you need is within walking distance or a short bus or car ride away.

This is our third year in "Pass a Grille" and our first at "The Coconut Inn". The inn was built in the early 1920's and has been recently renovated. It is quaint and very clean, with a nice pool. The manager Eddie and his wife Anna were very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at home. Joe, the owner of the inn, also went out of his way to make our stay comfortable. He even came to the room one afternoon to invite us out to have a beer with him at one of the local establishments. How many owners would do that.?

The room has a full kitchen, hard wood floors, flat screen television, wifi, a balcony with a table, and a view of the gulf. The bathroom is small but very nice, with the original black and white tiles and fixtures.

All in all we were completely satisfied and already plan to return to the "Coconut Inn" next year.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael1119

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Loved, loved, loved our stay at Coconut Inn. Can't recommend it more highly. We were there for 5 nights with extended family. Stayed in #11 (one bedroom), #6(big studio) and #4 (small studio but great view and patio area). Staff is awesome. Emigdio made sure we had everything we needed. Anna was sweet, funny and helpful. Location is perfect; just steps from gulf beach and 1 block to Intracoastal waterway. Our 7 year old had a great time in the pool. Short walk to restaurants and shops. Amazing sunset views. We rode bikes all around Pass a Grille and borrowed the beach chairs and boogie boards at the beach. I can't wait to return. Best vacation ever.

Room Tip: Ask questions. They are very forthcoming.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank meleo54
lakeland
Reviewed 26 May 2011

As much as I would like to keep Coconut Inn my little secret, I have to be honest with you. This is a wonderful place to stay for so many reasons. Besides being located in a quaint town with a beautiful beach, this inn is very nicely run. It is clean and private. With only 11 units it never feels busy. The tiny pool is perfect to relax in and they provide bicycles, beach chairs, noodles, and boogie boards. The staff is wonderful too. We met Emigdio the very first day and he took excellent care of us during our stay! The grounds are very well kept and the location of the inn is perfect. We never moved our car once we got there. Within a minutes walk in any direction there are plenty places to eat. My family will be visiting the Coconut Inn again very soon!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jekrae
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2011

The Coconut Inn is my paradise! Just 40 min outside tampa on the beach is a great getaway! The Inn is kept very clean, simply decorated so easy to have bouncing excited kids with you, the pool is just the right size for younger swimmers, and for lounging in, has a ledge on both ends they love to play on.. The inn provides beach chairs to borrow, toys for the beach and pool so u dont need to lug everything from home, The rooms are CLEAN, and I cannot say enough about the staff. They go out of their way to help you and make u feel at home always with a smile. Eddie went out of his way to accommodate me for checkin, Anna always has the most beautiful smile and her answer is "yes" to everything you might need! She also remembers you from summer to summer and makes my boys giggle when she calls them the lifeguards! And Emigdio so wonderful in his housekeeping duties and keeping the room clean and free of all the sand we all kept bringing in! I also have to say that of all the times I have stayed here I have also met some of the nicest people...They have studios and one and 2 bedroom rooms. All of which to me with 2 kids are the right size! They have small kitchens and all supplies, a grill by the pool is a big hit kids can swim and then come out and eat a fresh grilled dog! Or u can go for a very short walk and grab an ice cream cone or dinner first if u like! Its central location is perfect but not close to the bars and restaurants where u get the noise. Management asks to not be rowdy at the pool late night, and of all the times I have stayed there I have never been woken by a next door neighbor or a loud pool party... The Inn is located in Passe a Grille, a quiet walkable beach town, with the friendliest people, great food and drinks. A beach hut on the beach serves food/drinks rents beach cabanas has bands and small art shows. I would recommend this to all my friends but I would be worried they would book all the rooms and I would be stuck in Tampa! HA! (they all know i love this place) If you are considering it just book it because rooms book up quickly that is what I have learned!!!

Room Tip: book early ..
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I just returned from a weeks stay at the Coconut Inn. Myself, my husband and my parents stayed in #1, the 2 bedroom suite. From the moment we arrived we were treated like old friends. Eddie and Anna went above and beyond to ensure that we had everything we needed on our vacation. The rooms were spotless, and the daily cleaning service was a huge plus. My only complaint is that the pool had very little shade, so those with sun sensitivity may want to bring along an umbrella. Thank you again to Eddie, Anna & their Staff for making our stay incredible!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
SabalPalmsInn, Owner at Coconut Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
Dear KaTu79 - thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated Eddie and Anna's wonderful hospitality. We feel very lucky to have them! Your suggestion of an umbrella for shade by the pool is a good one and we will be sure to keep a few extra on property for that purpose. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Found this place on TA and I was not steered wrong!! It is in a quaint little area so if you are looking for high rises and lots of bars this is not the spot for you. My husband and I came here for a "babymoon" and it was perfect. It is steps from the beautiful gulf but also has a very nice pool. We got a studio on the second floor and from there you can see the water. The best thing about the Coconut Inn is the service!! If you need anything at all, the staff is very accommodating! I will say that the room itself is quite small, as is the bathroom but the location, service, and cleanliness make up for the size! There is a small kitchen that has the basics- coffee pot, microwave, small oven, dishes, fridge, etc..... There is no hairdryer or toiletries (except bar soap), just FYI...... We will be returning to the Coconut Inn as soon as possible and plan to bring our whole family next time!

Room Tip: 2nd floor studios do have partial view of gulf
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
SabalPalmsInn, Owner at Coconut Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
Dear Belagirl - thank you for your review and congratulations on your babymoon! We look forward to seeing you again soon and keep in mind that there are larger rooms if you'd prefer a little more elbow room.
Tampa, FLorida
Reviewed 11 May 2011

WE'RE BACK!!! Here we come again, can't wait!!! June 9th, 2011 won't be here soon enough! This will be our third trip to the Coconut Inn. We are local Tampa residents but like to spend a few days on the beach by ourselves every year. Pass-a-Grille Beach is where we got married so this is like a mini-honeymoon for us. The rooms are ALWAYS clean and comfortable and only one-half block from the beach (just across the street!) in a great location! We love watching the sunset and the Hurricane Restaurant is the perfect place to do so. Eddie and Anna always go out of their way to meet all of our needs. They are super friendly and make every moment of your stay wonderful. We were just at the beach on Mother's Day and stopped by to talk to Eddie. We would recommend the Coconut Inn to anyone going to Pass-A-Grille. I'm sure we will continue to be yearly guests for many years to come.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
SabalPalmsInn, Owner at Coconut Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
thank you for your wonderful review! We never tire of hearing from guests who are part of the Coconut Inn family and feel a special connection to Pass-a-Grille. We look forward to many more years of welcoming you back.