“Rooms for improvement (room 2)”
Review of Coconut Inn

Coconut Inn
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Selby, United Kingdom
“Rooms for improvement (room 2)”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

This place is not a bad place to stay!
We selected it based on trip advisor ratings. There's is no doubt it is a great place and location, a few yards from the beach.
From the outside it is immaculate and looks like everything you would want. Inside though, there is room for improvement.
Although very clean and nice some areas have been done on the cheap, the kitchen and mainly bathroom.
The shower basin was painted and flaking, plug hole worn out and grubby, fitting dull, sink loose and like other comments, very very small. When you sit on the toilet there is 2" from knees to the wall (I'm 5'7") anyone tall or fat is going to struggle. I'd say the space for the toilet is like the space you have in an aeroplane seat.
We needed the sofa bed for the kids which was not very comfortable. When it was made we had no space, there was too much furniture in such a small room.
I'm not sure why the need for such a large fridge when the kitchen is so small. I doubt people would cook much anyway. A kettle and tea/coffee would be a nice thing to have in the rooms.
I can only rate it average because I've stayed in better places for less money that have nailed it.

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank foxyloxey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

South of the busy traffic and condos of St Pete Beach lies Pass A Grille. Laid back and slow moving in a good way.
Small rooms with kitchens are fresh, clean and directly across the street from the sparking Gulf of Mexico. A new addition is a garden space with a gazebo, porch swings and fans, all surrounded by tropical foliage and a fountain as a focal point. The owners and staff are gracious and welcoming.

Stayed October 2013
Delaware
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hi all,

I spent a good part of last week staying at a quaint & cozy hotel, the Coconut Inn in Passe-A-Grill, FL (Saint Pete Beach). It was lovely and clean. It was small, but I didn't mind that...especially since it had everything you would need: a place for your clothes, a nice-size closet, a bathroom (yes, everyone needs one of those!), a cute little kitchen w frig, a nice table & chairs to eat at, a nice bed...what more do you need? It was enough for me and my daughter.

As I said, everything was nice and clean, inside and out. It's also nicely landscaped and only 1/2 block from the beach. It was all very quaint. I loved the small town feel of historic Passe-A-Grill as well. I don't know if it was just the time of year, but it's a very quiet little town.

I'm not sure of their titles, but I'll call them managers(!)...Anna, who checked me in, and Eddie, who checked me out, could NOT have been more nice or accommodating!!! they made me feel very special and went out of their way to be sweethearts!

The only negative thing I could say is the WiFi connection could not be made in the room, but you could access it outside the room. It was a little bothersome, but since I wasn't there to be playing on the internet, it didn't matter all that much to me.

Thank you, Eddie and Anna - you made my stay a very pleasant experience! I really hope to be back! Thank you, Susan

Room Tip: I was in #10 and loved it. I could've had a room with more of a view of the gulf, but, I liked t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan W
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We live in Tampa and this is our favorite getaway spot. This place is perfect for anyone who doesn't like to leave the beach. Eddie and Emilio are charming, caring, accommodating and pleasant. They have everything you need including bikes, chairs, and a grill. We always feel safe and its like we are staying with family. Great views and a new beautiful picnic area with fountain and swings! This place is so peaceful. There are no negatives to report.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Small hotel one block from the beach. Clean, well equipped rooms but unit 3 could have been configured to make better use of the space. Tiny bathroom which contained the only mirror in the room. Small well maintained pool. Bikes, chairs etc provided. Overall an excellent place to stay in a great location. Friendly efficient staff and would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary M
Essex, UK
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Arrived during torrential rain and it pretty much didn't stop for two days, poor Miguel had his work cut out with the pump! Stayed in studio apartment 9 on first floor. Was very clean, bed so comfy, bathroom very small but was fine for us. Wi-fi is very hit and miss, best connection we had was after we had a power outage for few seconds! Made use of the bikes. Lovely little area, pretty laid back and quiet, agree with other review avoid Hurricanes is definitely overpriced and in need of a refurb. Sea Critters is way better, food really good and catfish very entertaining. If we get back to Pass A Grille would book Coconut Inn again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Clean, cozy property. Great location - can walk or bike just about anywhere you need to go. We stayed for one night - it's recommended to stay longer so you can get full use of the in suite kitchen and nice pool area. It was a little frustrating to arrive with no one on property to greet us. If it wasn't for another guest, we wouldn't have noticed the slightly hidden outdoor phone we are supposed to use to call property management. I would have appreciated being instructed to do so when I made the reservation. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends