We were looking for a quiet spot in a laid back area, and we usually want to stay away from high rise buildings and big hotels. That's why we booked at the Coconut Inn.
It's a small but neat hotel where Emilio will go out of his way to please you (he called his wife at home so she could lend us their own personal beach umbrella when the ones to borrow at the hotel were gone, which was more than appreciated with our 2y old).
The hotel also provided a crib for our toddler, and even though the space is limited in the room, it was never a big issue as we were there to be outside, not to spend hours in the room.
As everyone one else has mentioned, the beach is close enough that I walked back to the hotel bare feet a few times.
Jumping in the pool/hot tub after a day on the beach was great. My daughter kept asking for it, and we loved that it was in the shade in the afternoon.
In room7, you don't have a view of the ocean, but you just have to walk a few steps past room6 on the patio to see the sunset. We really enjoyed our room on the 1st level on that side of the hotel, because there is space on the patio and they have lounge chairs (our daughter played there in the evening). The other rooms across have more of a balcony, wide enough for a table and chairs but too small for lounge chairs.
We wish the table outside would have been a little bigger to accommodate the 3 of us for supper though.
The only real thing I can think of if I have to complain about something is how soft the bed is. Our first night was terrible, then we got used to it. But that is personal taste, and something so subjective can't really be considered a general flaw.
We would definitely go back in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Inn is steps away from the sparkling Gulf of Mexico on historic Pass-a-Grille Beach. Recently renovated, Coconut Inn offers brand new modern studios, one bedroom and two bedroom units. All units have fully equipped kitchens. Enjoy the pool, complimentary bicycles, gas grill, beach chairs and free Wi-Fi in the outdoor courtyard. Laundry facilities available. Proud member of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce and the Superior Small Lodging Association. 2015 Winner of the SSL White Glove Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Coconut Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Coconut Inn St. Pete Beach, Florida