“Exactly what we wanted”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Montreal, Canada
“Exactly what we wanted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were looking for a quiet spot in a laid back area, and we usually want to stay away from high rise buildings and big hotels. That's why we booked at the Coconut Inn.

It's a small but neat hotel where Emilio will go out of his way to please you (he called his wife at home so she could lend us their own personal beach umbrella when the ones to borrow at the hotel were gone, which was more than appreciated with our 2y old).
The hotel also provided a crib for our toddler, and even though the space is limited in the room, it was never a big issue as we were there to be outside, not to spend hours in the room.

As everyone one else has mentioned, the beach is close enough that I walked back to the hotel bare feet a few times.

Jumping in the pool/hot tub after a day on the beach was great. My daughter kept asking for it, and we loved that it was in the shade in the afternoon.

In room7, you don't have a view of the ocean, but you just have to walk a few steps past room6 on the patio to see the sunset. We really enjoyed our room on the 1st level on that side of the hotel, because there is space on the patio and they have lounge chairs (our daughter played there in the evening). The other rooms across have more of a balcony, wide enough for a table and chairs but too small for lounge chairs.
We wish the table outside would have been a little bigger to accommodate the 3 of us for supper though.

The only real thing I can think of if I have to complain about something is how soft the bed is. Our first night was terrible, then we got used to it. But that is personal taste, and something so subjective can't really be considered a general flaw.

We would definitely go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Krefeld, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I got room 5 and had a great ocean view. Service was very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast at the Hurricane Bar or at the beach bar one block away. Room is Ikea style but I have also Ikea at home. Bathroom very small but I was alone in the room so absolutely no problem Everything very clean!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Eddie saved our vacation! We had rented a condo on Anna Maria Island weeks prior to our arrival. It was the nastiest rental I had ever seen. We had to stay at a hotel the first night. Thankfully, we were able to find a vacancy at Havana Inn the next day. Eddie treated us well and gave us the discounted weekly rate though we were only staying 6 days at that point. Perfect, perfect, perfect. 2nd floor so we saw the ocean from our porch. The location (Pass-a-Grill in general) was superb. I am tempted to keep that a secret. The place was very clean plus we had daily service, clean towels and more. It was so easy. Nice bicycles and beach chairs were provided. Excellent restaurants within walking distance. Cabana rentals right across the street. Private, quaint pool at Coconut Inn. Comfortable. Bedrooms were decorated with nice duvets & pillows (no old, ugly worn-out). Oh! And all paper products, coffee filters, and toiletries supplied. You simply can't do better for the price for sure! And excellent service from all.

Room Tip: I LOVED being on the 2nd story.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BM628
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

When I searched on Trip Advisor for a high rated place to stay on part of a vacation I came across the Coconut Inn. I have spent a previous vacation in a pricey outdated tourist trap in Treasure Island on St Pete and lost a lot of sleep due to noise. I was skeptical at first of the Coconut Inn but took a chance.

To reserve the room I emailed the Coconut desiring just a basic stay, basic room. Eddie quickly emailed me back and we were good to go. But still, I wasn't entirely positive about the place, even with the awesome reviews it has.

I hesitate to even write the rest of this review because I want to be able to come back and not have the place booked up. The Coconut Inn exceeded my expectations. I don't need lavish accommodations and what we were provided with, was perfect. Our unit had a nice kitchen, fridge, table, comfortable bed, clean bathroom. The bathroom was small but who cares? It was quiet and the other guests were friendly and wonderful. Mind you, we went during off season but we went for the off season quietness. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the Coconut Inn is steps from the beach. You will enjoy that you don't need to find parking at the beach and pay for the metered parking. And if wildlife is your thing spend some time watching the gulf, we saw dolphins as we ate breakfast and swam with manta rays (similar to sting rays), also were reports of manatees. There are plenty of shells and hermit crabs.

I highly recommend this place, it was so relaxing and laid back. If you insist on needing Wi-Fi (you should leave your computer at home) and it doesn't work just ask the staff to re-set it. They will happily do it!

We also got a tour of the Havana Inn which is absolutely wonderful and straight across from the beach.

I can't imagine going anywhere else when visiting this area. It took us years to come back due to our previous experience at the other resort. I cannot wait to go back and hope to very soon.

Thank you to everyone at the Coconut for your amazing hospitality and dedication to providing your guests with amazing vacations.

Room Tip: We stayed on a top floor, it has an excellent view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NyTrisha
Selby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

This place is not a bad place to stay!
We selected it based on trip advisor ratings. There's is no doubt it is a great place and location, a few yards from the beach.
From the outside it is immaculate and looks like everything you would want. Inside though, there is room for improvement.
Although very clean and nice some areas have been done on the cheap, the kitchen and mainly bathroom.
The shower basin was painted and flaking, plug hole worn out and grubby, fitting dull, sink loose and like other comments, very very small. When you sit on the toilet there is 2" from knees to the wall (I'm 5'7") anyone tall or fat is going to struggle. I'd say the space for the toilet is like the space you have in an aeroplane seat.
We needed the sofa bed for the kids which was not very comfortable. When it was made we had no space, there was too much furniture in such a small room.
I'm not sure why the need for such a large fridge when the kitchen is so small. I doubt people would cook much anyway. A kettle and tea/coffee would be a nice thing to have in the rooms.
I can only rate it average because I've stayed in better places for less money that have nailed it.

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank foxyloxey
Tampa, Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

South of the busy traffic and condos of St Pete Beach lies Pass A Grille. Laid back and slow moving in a good way.
Small rooms with kitchens are fresh, clean and directly across the street from the sparking Gulf of Mexico. A new addition is a garden space with a gazebo, porch swings and fans, all surrounded by tropical foliage and a fountain as a focal point. The owners and staff are gracious and welcoming.

Stayed October 2013
Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hi all,

I spent a good part of last week staying at a quaint & cozy hotel, the Coconut Inn in Passe-A-Grill, FL (Saint Pete Beach). It was lovely and clean. It was small, but I didn't mind that...especially since it had everything you would need: a place for your clothes, a nice-size closet, a bathroom (yes, everyone needs one of those!), a cute little kitchen w frig, a nice table & chairs to eat at, a nice bed...what more do you need? It was enough for me and my daughter.

As I said, everything was nice and clean, inside and out. It's also nicely landscaped and only 1/2 block from the beach. It was all very quaint. I loved the small town feel of historic Passe-A-Grill as well. I don't know if it was just the time of year, but it's a very quiet little town.

I'm not sure of their titles, but I'll call them managers(!)...Anna, who checked me in, and Eddie, who checked me out, could NOT have been more nice or accommodating!!! they made me feel very special and went out of their way to be sweethearts!

The only negative thing I could say is the WiFi connection could not be made in the room, but you could access it outside the room. It was a little bothersome, but since I wasn't there to be playing on the internet, it didn't matter all that much to me.

Thank you, Eddie and Anna - you made my stay a very pleasant experience! I really hope to be back! Thank you, Susan

Room Tip: I was in #10 and loved it. I could've had a room with more of a view of the gulf, but, I liked t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family