“'' CLEAN, GREAT STAFF, AND A PERFECT LOCATION :) ''”
Review of Coconut Inn

Coconut Inn
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The Coconut Inn is a perfect place to stay if your looking for relaxation, beautiful views, and GREAT staff!! My husband, My daughter and I, enjoyed every minute of it.!! The rooms as you enter are let's just say immaculate !! Fresh linens, towels, ect. which are provided by the wonderful and very friendly staff !! The kitchen and bathroom's are a bit on the smaller side but for the time which you are staying, it does in fact serve its purpose.. :) I have to say the staff here are very pleasant to have around beckoning to your every call. With that being said, I have to say that i noticed the review prior to the one i am writing, The guest and I stood at the Coconut at the same time. My daughter and I were poolside upon our arrival, and after being greeted and checked into our room, we noticed the manager of the property running back and forth with balloons, and a cake. It looked as if he were setting up for a birthday party or get together. Eddie ( The Manager) then told us that he was setting up a surprise birthday cake as a favor to the wife of the couple that was due to arrive. I asked if that is something that they regularly do, in which he replied it is not but, it is one of the many things that the staff will do to accommodate you if needed. Wow! I thought that was amazing! You can really tell that the staff here is willing to go up, over and beyond to accommodate their guests and their every need to provide the best experience...The following day i met Edmiglio, one of the staff members who took great pride in servicing our room. One of the many reasons that it was a wonderful stay for me and my family. I stayed in many larger hotels and this is by far, the best place we have ever stayed! Conveniently located next to the beach with a hop, skip and a jump to the several restaurants including, ''The Seahorse,'' where we went everyday for breakfast . We will definitely be back and recommend it to family and friends!! :)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Coconut Inn

Reviewed 2 November 2010

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our week at the Coconut Inn in Pass-A-Grille. The Inn was very clean inside and out and housekeeping was always attentive to our needs. We have stayed here once before and continue to find it a diamond in the rough. You can not beat this location on the Gulf side of Florida.
Easy walk to resturants., The Inn offers free bicycles (used them alot) and beach chairs to the guest during our stay. Made use of the swimming pool with jacuzzi.
We were blessed with beautiful sunsets each day on one of Florida's best sugary white sandy beach.
This is a Great Place for a quiet, stress free and relaxing vacation!

Reviewed 29 October 2010

After all the reviews, we really looked forward to our 4 day weekend.

Pass-A-Grille and this location are absolutely wonderful! Perfect for a relaxing visit! The Coconut Inn -- not so much.

Have to be honest - we will not stay at The Coconut Inn again. There are numerous www.vrbo.com rentals in this historic district; next visit we will pay $50 more for privacy and basic sanitation.

Overall, The Coconut Inn is okay if you strictly want frugal.

BUT -- multiplying $110 a night times 10 rooms times let’s say 350 nights a year (minus maintenance, plus tax write-offs), is enough to afford fresh sealed soap and shampoo for new arrivals, and upgrade their cleaning routine and staff.

Our first impression of the room was "Wow! Clean! Fresh paint!" then while sitting on the throne, you start looking at the tiled walls and wood floors and realize they weren't even wiped down or swept. The floors had sandy gritty corners, particularly radiating out from under the furniture. The unwrapped, already used bar of Ivory soap and very badly stained and peroxide speckled bed skirt gave us further pause. The silverware in the drawer didn't look clean. The hot water has a temperature regulator - nice for the shower, but not hot enough to wash dishes or disinfect the room or linens between guests.

The bathroom – let’s just say you will sit sideways. My knees (at 5’2”) were almost touching the wall. My husband at 6’0” had to sit diagonally. The tub is shallow and small, about 30”x40”. The bathroom is cute, functional, and tiny.

The north side balconies are extremely narrow, barely passable with your rolling carry-on bag. Our next door guests spread their stuff all over our tiny area in front of our room. We asked Eddie to oil the next room's door hinges (when it was vacant) since it loudly squeaked every time it was moved.

The first night, we find out they had trouble moving a guest out of our room just prior to our arrival. A part of a large family group of 12, he (the adult guest) made unpleasant comments each time we passed on the walkway, and squeaked his door back and forth just to be annoying. When we told Eddie about this, he said "Oh! You should have told us!" This is their standard reply to everything, and I heard it repeated to other guests. They knew what this particular guest was like when they had to move him out of our advance-reserved room. (His very nice mom said they stay a couple times a year, sometimes up to 40 people between the two inns). I had also asked to have our room changed if a bigger one became available, and was told they were fully booked. Yet, the Vacancy sign was out at all times.

2 paverstones on the stairway came detached the first night we were there. We told Eddie about those and a couple loose ones higher up. They remained un-repaired while we were there. There was also red berry gummy stuff smeared on the stairwell hand-rail the entire weekend, even after the cleaning staff had finished with the rooms. Eddie says they change bed linens once a week, but will give fresh towels ‘if you want them.’ Third day, he handed me a wrapped bar of Ivory soap, I returned it since we’d already bought our own.

Mid Sunday afternoon, we returned to the room as they were finally cleaning the now vacant room next door as well as ours. It took them less than 5 minutes for each room, enough to gather trash and replace towels. Yuck.

I pre-arranged for balloons and cake to be in the room as a birthday surprise and Eddie kindly took care of that. That’s when we discovered the silverware looked ‘licked’. Double Yuck.

Stop at a grocery and buy disinfectant cleaner and a clean sponge, plastic silverware and glasses, bottled drinking water, and coffee. Also buy your own bar soap, shampoo, sleep mask and ear plugs.

We got very little sleep for 3 nights. The AC cycles on and off all night long. With windows on 3 sides of the unit (very nice) each has a bright night/security light and the french door until dawn. The walls are thin. Popular with young families with pre-schoolers, and local Florida families for weekends, the noise level can be high coming from the balconies and pool.

There is no phone in the room, nor is the ‘office’ contact number printed anywhere except downstairs in front of the always vacant office. We didn’t get an important message re our sunset cruise reservation until the next day.

On the very plus side: I’m attaching a photo of the beach from the room. When the vacant lot next door sells, there will be no view of the beach. The office is now clearly marked and on the side alley of the property.

If you want high-rise hotels, and drinks served on the beach, you’ll want to stay 8-12 miles further north, in St Pete Beach or Clearwater. That's not our type vacation.

We loved the very quiet, safe, small town atmosphere of Pass-A-Grille. The flowers, trees, birds and water were unsurpassed in beauty.

5  Thank Just_grateful
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed for a week, wish I could have stayed for a month! Staff is more than helpful, they bend over backwards to accommodate your needs. Loved walking right out my door and only three steps into heated pool. Great room. Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2010

A group of friends and I stayed at both Coconut Inn and Sabal Palms this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, not only because of the charming properties, but as much because of the wonderful hospitality of Emigdio and Yudit and Eddie and Anna. They all went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was pleasant and comfortable. Emigdio and Yudit (only because we spent more time with them) are one of your best marketing features! We loved our stay - thanks to all!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Coconut Inn recently and what a wonderful experience. The rooms are a great size and decorated with a modern yet casual beach feel. The grounds are kept in pristine condition by Eddie and Anna; they are very kind and efficient. The location is superb, with a view of the beach and just steps away from many great restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. My only regret is that I could not stay longer. I will be back and certain to make Coconut Inn a new family tradition.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank tasmcg
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Great place to revitalize and recharge! Fantastic location, above and beyond friendly staff. Close to lots of action but quiet like a private island. Will be back soon :)