Before I get into a description of experience with this Inn, it would be helpful
in you understood where I am coming from. I am an avid cyclist and enjoy
beaches and surfing. This location was extremely appealing because we could
schedule water activities, just stroll on the beach, or enjoy the sunset.
To get the most out of your visit, you need to plan ahead. Some of the reviews
of this Inn are mixed and I think it is because there is a difference between
the rooms on the South side and on the North side. The south side rooms appear
to be larger and I'm guessing the North side is the more historic side.
I was really really looking forward to catching some cycling and knew they
had "bicycles" and did not inquire further as I can handle most any bike.
It was conforting to check in and see the big sign, bicycles. I scoped out the area
and was planning an early morning ride up the coast to either clearwater beach
or Caledes Island St. Park. I expected either a 9 or 10 speed bike. The worst
case I could image was an older 3 speed bike. So researched but did not reserve
a rental bike and elected a smaller rental as I didn't need to transport a rental bike.
This place has bikes, right? Well, technically yes, but functional no. All they have
are single speed bikes. Ok for slow riding and family riding, but not workable
for recreational riding. Even at companion lodging, they were in the same bike situation.
Ok, what is good: location, location, location. Great beach is close by. Close to the pickup for boat rides to Shell Island. Two quick eating places nearby.
never a problem with parking. Even when completely full, there is a parking spot
available. Fresh soap is provided daily. The windows are clean and the blinds
function well. The ac worked and was typical noise level for small room.
Bed was very good and the pillows were great. The linens were refreshed daily.
TV was good, but would have been helpful to know what the channel assignment were.
Great was the accommendation of staff on surprise and adjusting the outside
lights they could control.
Why not excellent rating?
-- We had an end unit and the adjoining property has a bright light that runs
through the entire night. They obviously are either unaware of light pollution, or
don't care. Coconut Inn could either discuss the situation with them or have
night blinds/shades to block their pollution.
-- Expected a posted explanation of the extremely narrow bathroom. I can understand
historical district limitations, but it would be better if those were disclosed.
-- daily cleaning of floor and kitchen areas is not as well as other lodging options.
-- would be nice to have better communication as to where and when to find staff for questions
-- the loose stone on steps is unnecessary risk
-- Oh, did I mention I was disappointed in lack of multi-speed bike?
Did get decent sleep, except for difficulty of getting back to sleep because of
light pollution. Again it's best value is location and depending on fellow guests,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Inn is steps away from the sparkling Gulf of Mexico on historic Pass-a-Grille Beach. Recently renovated, Coconut Inn offers brand new modern studios, one bedroom and two bedroom units. All units have fully equipped kitchens. Enjoy the pool, complimentary bicycles, gas grill, beach chairs and free Wi-Fi in the outdoor courtyard. Laundry facilities available. Proud member of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce and the Superior Small Lodging Association. 2015 Winner of the SSL White Glove Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Coconut Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Coconut Inn St. Pete Beach, Florida