“Carb load has never been that Great”

Verducci's Pizzeria & Trattoria
Ranked #15 of 150 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We came to this restaurant to Carb load the night before my husband Triathlon and I'm super supportive lol The food was amazing, taste of God. We were 4 adults and my son. We eat delicious. We order bruschetta, pasta fagioli soup, capresa, rigatoni al forno, gnocchi, and Bolognese. Everything taste delicious, but the best I have to say it was the Rigatoni al forno. OMG, I regret now not to take the left overs lol but I did not have a fridge.
Its a local real Italian restaurant that you shouldn't miss. You will love the quality of the food

2  Thank dsilvak
Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I am testing Italian restaurants in Tampa Bay and I am finding some real gems. If you have been to Italy, you know that food in Tuscany, for example, is quite different from the one that you have in Naples. Verducci is a Naples style restaurant. The service was excellent. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the food and proud to work there. She told us a little bit about the owner and chefs before counseling us about our choice of food. I was with two very demanding friends and they were very satisfied. Our orders were for bucatini all'amatriciana, baccala' and gnocchi alla sorrentina. The bucatini were coated in eggs as it should be, the baccala' was excellent and I really enjoyed the gnocchis. We got our food relatively quickly and I am always surprised by people who complain about slow service in Italian restaurants. You have a choice. You can get bad food quickly or good food slowly. I went back after a couple of days to get a pizza margherita. It is pretty good. Only one critique. They could use better mozzarella. My friends had a doggy bag because the portions are really huge. The waitress went to get instructions in the kitchen about the best way to warm the food. Prices are average. Will go back often.

1  Thank Luigi D
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The service highlight was the guy in the Parking lot helping us park - he even told us the specials (which out waitress failed to do).

The waitress took ten minutes to acknowledge us then took our order very hurriedly with no mention of any specials.

My linguine with white clam sauce turned up with about 50 shells but only 10 clams. It was also floating in grease - my sons pasta and meatballs arrived 10 minutes later. Pasta was fine but meatballs arrived in a can of tomato soup.

We had to ask someone else for drinks as our waitress seemed to disappear once our order was taken until it was time for us to leave. The hostess brought the food.....

Would not go back under any circumstance......

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We had pizza which was terrific and the cod special was delicious. Nice atmosphere and excellent service. Very enjoyable meal for the whole family. They are kid friendly too.

2  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We are staying at local resort where the food, service and pricing left us with a bad taste in our mouths! So happy to have found this authentic Italian gem! Food, service, and pricing not only left us with a great taste in our mouths, but more than satisfied! Best meal we have had so far on vacation and ironically, the least expensive!