“relaxing get away!”
Pool area
Sunrise front of building Tradewinds instructor showing how it is done
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sunrise front of building
Tradewinds instructor showing how it is done
One of the many beautiful sunrises over the bay
Pool view at night
Always beautiful views, even at night
Kitchen area
Living room
Master bedroom
Master bathroom
2nd bedroom
Manatee in our bay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rapid City, South Dakota
“relaxing get away!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

When I checked in, the office staff didn't really offer any information about the grounds, but did answer questions if I specifically asked about something. I think It would have been nice to have been told the wifi password and where the shuffleboard equipment was kept in advance. By the time we thought to ask about these things the office was closed. We stayed in unit 405. I wouldn't describe it as "luxurious", but It was remodeled, clean, and had all the basic comforts for me and my two teenage boys. We loved the balcony overlooking the pool and bay. I even spotted a manatee one evening! The pool was nice and other than the fourth of July weekend is wasn't overly crowded. I was always able to find a pool chair to sit in. There was some traffic noise from the street side of the condo, but I think you would have this anywhere you stayed in St. Pete. It was a very quick walk to the beach (Just across the street and then through the tradewinds parking lot), we were able to use the beach cabanas at the Tradewinds even during the holiday weekend. There were adequate towels for the beach and pool and the washer and dryer came in very handy. (I overpacked - a couple of pairs of shorts and t-shirts plus a bathing suit was about all I used). The grocery store is too far to walk with more than a couple of bags of groceries. I tried to use free beach rides, but I waited 40 mins and then was told I should just call a cab. The person on the phone was not courteous. Bats Taxi cost under $5.00 to bring me back to the sunrise. They were there in a matter of minutes and the driver was very helpful and helped load my groceries. I did not try to take the trolley (which is really just a city bus) because the schedule did not seem conducive to the things we wanted to do. I ended up renting a car for 2 days so that we could check out some of the other beaches and see the florida aquarium in Tampa (we loved it! especially feeding the sting rays!). Dollar rent a car was only $30/day with a AAA discount. Most of the restauraunts we went to were very good but a little pricey. Crabby Bills was our favorite for seafood. I do not recommend the poolside restaurant at the Trade Winds. The service was extremely slow, the food was way overpriced, the portions very small, and the food was not good. I'm glad I decided to rent a condo with a kitchen instead of a hotel. We saved a lot of money eating some of our meals in. We used the grills by the pool a couple of times. We did find a soft cooler in the closet so we could pack some sandwiches and drinks to the beach, but it was pretty beat up and the lining was cracked. It leaked everywhere. I'd suggest bringing your own. FYI - if you are wanting to rent wave runners (they are a blast!) drive 7 miles to Johns pass. The cost was only $70 for an hour while at St. Pete beach they were $60 for a half hour. There was great shopping there too!

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property 4 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses
4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities 4 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The pool and balcony
Liked least: The elevator was really hot
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
Duc L
Lynnwood, Washington
“Beautiful condo that is only a few steps from paradise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

After looking at dozens of vacation rentals from Clearwater Beach to St Pete Beach, we decided on SunRise resort based on great reviews. We were not disappointed. The booking process was quick, keys were there when we arrived (after 5PM) and the staff was on site during normal hours.
Our unit is 503, with covered parking space, on the fifth floor. It is absolutely beautiful and clean. It has a separate bedroom with two twins for my two young boys, and a king in the master, great for us and our 1-yr old daughter. The view is spectacular, although if you want to see the sunset you would have to walk across the street to TradeWinds to see it.
Speaking of TradeWinds, we used its facility often. We got a cabana each day, the boys got to play in their pools and purchased tickets for their numerous games and activities.
The balcony's rails space is a bit wide. We measured, and I don't think it's big enough that a baby can fall thru, but we are always there when our 1-yr baby is out.

We saw manatees in the lagoon, stingrays in the ocean and had a blast. It is also close to Publix and many restaurants.
This is a gem and we would pick this same place again if we come back.

5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Clean and beautiful condo with two bedrooms and two baths.
Liked least: Condo is on the smaller side
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
PMarquez7...
Washington, DC
“Great location, value, and amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This place was tremendous. For less than the price of a standard hotel room we had a nice two bedroom condo overlooking a pool and waterway. It was quiet, clean and all the amenities of home. I would definitely stay here again.

KerrandJu...
Northern Ireland
“Excellent apartment and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

After a week in Orlando this was perfect. Superb location and great condo 607 beside some good bars and hotels. Went fishing off the pier at the back where manatees swam about every night. Went on jet skis and enjoyed the perfect beach right across the street. We saw dolphins, manatees and rays swimming beside us but no sharks lol.

5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Condo quality and location
Liked least: Nothing. One of my favourites now.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
MNdaydrea...
Minnesota
“Just what we needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I traveled with my Husband and our three boys ages 17, 11, and 9. We just completed a four day trip at Disney World and were looking for a time to unwind. I did a ton of research on condos as well as hotel/resorts in St. Pete Beach, Clearwater, etc... I finally became overwhelmed and decided this looked like a great place to land. I am so happy that I did. The condo was "cozy" for five but provided everything we could possibly want. A closet full of beach supplies, every appliance and utensil, great updated kitchen and the easiest check in and check out I have ever experienced. We had access to Tradewinds Resort across the street which the two younger boys loved. The 17 year old was happy to have free WiFi. We saw Manatees in the bay and dolphins everyday in the Gulf around 4 p.m. some came as close as 20 feet from us. We stayed in for most meals as we were tired of eating out, however our last night decided to go to Bongo's down the beach and so glad we did. Had so much fun eating on the beach and dancing to live music. I will be posting a review of Bongo's as well.

4 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: cupboard space was limited for food items
Families with young children
jscaglion...
Leesville, South Carolina
“Wonderful Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

I spent a week at this condo with friends, and we had a wonderful time! The unit (#308) was clean and comfortable, and it appeared to have been recently renovated. The rooms were cozy, and the balcony gave a lovely view of the bay. The location is perfect - right across the street from the ocean with easy beach access! It is also centrally located along the main road and is close to lots of great restaurants and stores. The condo sits up against the bay and has a dock that is perfect for watching manatees and other wildlife.The pool and hot tub area has plenty of tables and chairs as well as a covered pavilion with two gas grills. The management was extremely helpful and was available to answer questions whenever we needed. We will definitely consider staying here next time we visit St Pete Beach!

5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The location!
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Marymac48...
Framingham
“MISSING BEACH WEATHER”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

We enjoyed the short time we were at the property. The facility was very nice, but the unit was dated. The master bath had some problems, the kitchen appliances were old and some of the electrical outlets did not work .
That said we had an enjoyable time. The cold weather limited our beach time, but we used the time to explore the area. It was the first time we visited the Tampa/St Pete area. We normally go to Naples.

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The location and the views of the sunrises.
Liked least: The cold weather
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing