“Choice beachfront spot, awesome room views, excellent service!”

Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We opted to stay here as they were directly on the beach......had king beds.....balcony

with each room.......close access to causeways...close to grocery, boutiques on Corey Ave.

We liked the brightness of the rooms, very comfy beds.....excellent service from everyone,

especially guest services when in need of extra soaps/cups/towels, etc.

They offered 3 dining spots at their place...breakfast buffet..reasonable, bongo's that has

entertainment every afternoon and evening...and a very good menu with meals from $11-..

also, a lovely revolving restaurant at the very top of the hotel called Spinner's!

We were on the 6th floor and had both a view of Boca Ciega Bay and the Beach!

As renovations were underway.....the Manager gave us a dining voucher to use..

it covered 2 meals so we were happy.

If you are looking for a place where the customer comes first, look no further.

We travelled Jan 27/14 to Feb 7/14 and during this time, the average age was 55 plus

and just a few children.

It was a relaxing stay and we would definitely go here again!

Room Tip: Ask for Beach view only...not coastal or city view when booking and floors 5 and up are a great c...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunbumm8
There are newer reviews for Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Awesome customer service!
Clean room with neat use of storage. The Murphy bed is great.
Right on the beach. Outdoor bar was reasonably priced and the food was delicious!
Very pleased
Free parking free wifi no resort fees

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank happymallqueen
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from a day night stay at the Grand Plaza. We had a great time! We had an easy check in with Chris, and even a phone call after we were settled to make sure everything was to our liking. We had an water front room and the view was beautiful. Each and every person we encountered was friendly and made sure that we were enjoying our stay. Our room was clean and the maids came every day. If I had to make any complaint it would have to be that the renovations going on were a little bit annoying. On Wednesday, Feb. 12th, it was a cloudy and cool day so we were stuck in the room and there was banging going on right near us and I was having trouble concentrating on the book I was reading. There was also work going on above us outside and when I leaned out over my balcony nearly got hit with some plaster. Other than that, it was great! We want to make this a yearly trip now and will be returning to the Grand Plaza.

1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Old hotel like all the others in the area. It was relatively quiet. It's very clean. Like the tile floors which makes it easy to clean unlike dirty carpets. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
We did not eat on the resort, as we had other places picked out.
Here is a list as to why we didn't rate it higher.
wi-fi was up and down frequently.
Bed is hard
Heard a lot of thumps and bumps.
The blinds are of the louvered type and you CAN'T block out the light from the balcony lighting.
A king bed deserves 2 king pillows instead of little standard pillows as round as basketballs.
Therefore, Our sleep was very unsettled.
We'll look for a different place next time.

Go visit the Big Cat Rescue. Very special and worth the drive.

1  Thank ChemainusSerenity
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First off the BEST part of this hotel was the staff, very friendly and always willing to help, the little contact we had with them that is, we tried to stay out of the room as much as possible, we stayed in a room by the elevator, and the view from our "balcony" was nothing much to talk about, view was obstructed by a huge wall that was the roof of the restaurant on the first floor, there was construction equipment all over it, and we had construction workers at our window every morning, couldn't even keep the blinds opened, we got stuck in a handicap room with no tub, water came running out from the shower all over the bathroom floor, had to use the towels to clean it up, the toilet was customized for a handicap person, so it was very uncomfortable, HBO reception was crappy, picture was very distorted, furniture was outdated and could use a fresh touch, the room had a door attached to the next room, which made the other guests conversations and drunken laughter heard very clear at 2am, rooms were very damp and humid every time we walked into it, the maid kept turning our fan off , but the one good thing I can say about the room was that it was always very well cleaned each morning, and our toiletries were always replenished.

The Hotel itself is very old looking, construction was being done all over, the scenic elevator was out of order so we couldn't even take a ride up in it, the food in the hotel was over priced, the view from the spinners was beautiful, the bongo club was loud and a bunch of drunks, we are low key people, the breakfast buffet was great, good food and good variety, still think it should be free with the room though….Hotel is in a nice area, much better than treasure island which is about a 2 mile drive, area was much cleaner looking, more touristy friendly with a lot of restaurants to check out, recommend Crabby Bills for good seafood and drinks, also for Italian I recommend Buona Pizza Ristorante down the street walking distance from the hotel in the shopping center, reasonable prices and good food, Pool was so small for a hotel that size, one stroke and your on the other end of the pool, the views of the sunset were spectacular from the beach, I'm sure a room on the top floor would have been amazing.

I would not recommend this place, and I would never return

Room Tip: Chose a room NOT on the second floor….better yet, chose another hotel
4  Thank Eddie G
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband somehow got us to this hotel a day early. Being completely booked management was able to find us a room three doors down and when we returned the next day they upgraded our reservations to a beautiful ocean view room. We could not have been more surprised. All expectations were met. Room was updated and comfortable - check. Cleanliness - check. Great view - check. Staff is just super. Frankie thanks for going out of your way for us. We will be back.

Room Tip: Go ocean view!
2  Thank pollina10
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We travelled from the UK to Orlando for our annual holiday there, although in my mind this one was going to be a little more special as I had been planning a surprise proposal to my partner. During our time in Orlando I had been looking and speaking to hotels on the cost to do this, then I came across the GRAND PLAZA. From the 1st point of contact over the phone and e-mails the lady I spoke with ( which I'm sorry I forget her name ) I had decided this was the place to do this, as she answered every question I had & more in real detail all with the right answer's or solutions, so there and then I booked. Once we arrived I was greeted by a lady called Sarah on the main reception who was yet again from start to finish fantastic in the way she helped me and my family it was like she had known us for a live time & made us all welcome and comfortable (not to mention keeping a smile on my 2yr old daughters face with free candy every now and again). On the day after check in I was introduced to the man him self Danny the concierge, who I was told would help me with my plans on the surprise proposal & believe me did a great job, from calling our room to speak with my partner to tell her we had won a beech side meal for being the 1million guest since the new owners tuck over to actually organising the beech side table with meal, sunset & personal waiter from bongos ( who yet again I need to stress how great this guys was too, from making sure we constantly was ok with everything to even running over to the tobacco shop and sharing a celebration cigar with me - this chap was a big part of the occasion - many thanks to you ). As the drinks started flowing and the sun started to sett I went down on to one knee and popped the question & luckily got a YES ( good job really otherwise the chocolate covered strawberries and diamond ring would have been making there way to Sarah haha ! )......Or the locals and guests gave a massive cheer which also just added to the moment. All in in I must say that the hotel and its staff where great with everything and need to be very proud of themselves and there efforts - If you are looking a hotel in this area to stay for either personal or business reason stop wasting time now and stop looking around GRAND PLAZA is where you need to be. Many thanks to you all again for you efforts. keep up the great work & hope to see you all again some time - Geoff ( mrgdtomlinson@aol.com )

Room Tip: penthouse suite - ocean view If not just be sure to pay the extra for a ocean view as its well w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family