This was our second visit to Grand Plaza and it was better than the first time. I think other people have summed up the actual property details so I want to focus on the employees. From the moment we walked in, we felt at home. The front desk clerks are friendly and professional. We dealt with Sarah and she was very eager to help us in any way she could. I was most impressed with the way they dealt with guests who had booked a room by a third party (Expedia, etc.) and were not happy with their room. The guest thought they were getting a much better room than they actually booked and I give the front desk a lot of credit for dealing with these unhappy people. In the Palm Room, we were greeted by Jean the hostess. She always had a smile on her face and I thought she dealt very well with the customers considering it was her first week there. Sonya the waitress was right there when we needed her but gave us our privacy otherwise. It was a relaxed environment and all the staff seemed to be friendly. Of course, our favorite spot is Bongo’s Beach Bar. They make great drinks and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We mostly dealt with Suze and Jason and we enjoyed their banter back and forth. Live music three times a day was so much fun. It was a happy place to be and I credit the bar-staff for creating that atmosphere. The last person I want to thank and acknowledge is Danny the concierge. He has a bubbly personality and gave us his honest opinion on local restaurants. He was right on with his comments. Over the week, we were able to count on him for good ideas. A lot of the staff live right in St. Pete Beach so they know the area. They say it “all starts at the top” and I would say the owner is proud of his property and expects his staff to be customer-oriented. Overall, this place feels truly like home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. Featuring 4 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Level 11 Rooftop Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 3 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center St. Pete Beach, Florida