Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews,and we were not disappointed! The hotel was much better than I had imagined it based on what I paid for the room. First of all, it was CLEAN. The interior was modern, and every single bathroom in the place was spotless (I have two children, and I think we visited every ladies' room in there!). The room was clean and comfortable and had a tile floor, microwave, fridge, DVD player (Redbox across the street at the supermarket), full-size hairdryer with good power, and drawers in the bathroom vanity. The room had attractive plantation blinds- no nasty old curtains-but the blinds let in a lot of light in the morning, so bring an eye mask if the morning light will bother you.
We ate at all three on-property restaurants. Bongos was a step above what I was expecting on the food quality. I thought it would be kinda bad bar food, but it was actually quite good, and the service was friendly and efficient. The revolving rooftop restaurant was a real treat, we all loved the view. I asked them to customize a vegetarian pasta dish and my request was honored. Try the key lime pie at Bongos or Spinners, it was great. We also ate at the breakfast room one day. I had an omelet a la carte and my family had the buffet. It was about what you would expect, nothing more, nothing less. With a Publix supermarket so close, you can go get food and have breakfast on the balcony in your room.
We had planned on doing other activities during our stay, such as the Dali museum, but we loved the beach so much we didn't leave the property the entire time. Be careful, the sun is very strong here and we all got a bit burnt despite our best efforts. The pool is nice, but we didn't use it much because the gulf of Mexico is so calm and beautiful. We really loved this hotel and plan on making this an annual trip.

Room Tip: Upper floor room to have a better view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LaurainParis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was our first time staying at the Grand Plaza, we had a fantastic time!! Rooms are clean reasonably priced and nice size, staff is friendly and helpful. Food was great along with live entertainment at Bongos Bistro. Sitting right on the beach along with beach view pool and bar. We even watched a couple of weddings on the beach during our stay. Didn't make it up to Spinners Restaurant but plan to on our next visit. We will difinitely book our room at Grand Plaza on our next visit to St Pete Beach without looking and comparing other hotels. Highly recommended!!

1 Thank leja100
st pete
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family and I stayed one night at this hotel. We had no issue with having one person on the Murphy bed, one person on the double, and two people on the king bed. We really liked the tile in the room; it gave a more clean feeling than carpet and also made it feel more time share than hotel room. Our view was impeccable and the two balconies were very nice. The elevators are busier because of the restaurant up top(also we stayed close to 4th of july) so it was easier to walk the stairs. The wait for the elevators isn't terrible however. The only thing that stuck out as an inconvenience was how loud the a.c. machine was, but luckily this wasn't an issue for even a very light sleeper like me. Spinners is very nice and their lunch prices are reasonable with their dinner prices more in the 20 to 50 range. We didn't see much of boomers but the entertainment sounded great!!! Overall a very nice stay for a family of four. Would recommend for people who aren't too picky with hotels as long as it's clean and fun is had.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank thespiangrl
sbrafford
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My daughter is getting married at the Grand Plaza Hotel in August. I took her and her bridesmaid down for a 3 night stay at the hotel to finalize wedding plans, June 19-22. I am so happy that we decided to book her wedding here. Since day 1 before booking the wedding, everyone I talked to has been kind and courteous. Gloria, the wedding planner, has answered all my questions and there have been a lot. We arrived very late, the front desk clerk was so helpful and friendly. The whole weekend was like that no matter who we talked too, from the front desk, housekeeping staff, bartender, and restaurant staff. I was so impress with the customer service and professionalism at this hotel. In addition, the hotel is very clean. We enjoyed meals at both restaurants. We had breakfast at The Palm's which was buffet style. The food was good and the price was reasonable. We enjoyed the view and the food from Spinners, the revolving restaurant on the top floor of the hotel. Again, the pricing was reasonable for the quality of food and the food was excellent! We also enjoyed drinks and a appetizer at Bongos. I am so happy that we booked my daughters wedding at the Grand Plaza. After staying at this hotel, I now have a new favorite hotel in St Pete Beach and I am positive that all of our guests coming for the wedding will enjoy their stay as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was our first time staying here at The Grand Plaza Hotel and it will not be the last. It was our 18th Anniversary and the Staff and all the little extras made for UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE! We dined at the Spinners Rooftop Restaurant and the service and the food was heavenly, from the drinks to appetizers, main course and amazing desert. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: If possible ask for the penthouse room.... that was Amazing and the view to the beach was breathe ta...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is the third straight year that we spent a summer week at the Grand Plaza. It was fantastic as usual. We started coming down here in 2012. All three visits have been outstanding. It begins with the friendly and helpful staff. Everyone, I mean everyone, is friendly, helpful and courteous. The property is clean. There is plenty of on-grounds parking for your vehicle. We enjoy the three on-grounds restaurants as well. The Palm Room has a really nice breakfast buffet everyday w/indoor and outdoor seating. Bongos is located on the beach with live music, excellent drinks, and fine food. Spinners, the revolving restaurant, is a unique, quality dining experience. The rooms are spacious with nice tile floors. The cleaning staff is especially helpful. We really enjoy the balcony. Great to sit in the warm air, and have some food and drinks. Excellent views of the Gulf and the bay. All in all a very nice experience. We're already looking forward to a return trip next year. When you find something good, you stick with it.

Addison, Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a room right across from the elevator and the ice/vending machines. I should have asked to change immediately but I never did. It was a crowded weekend with a few weddings.
The noise was terrible. The elevators could get crowded at times. The shower temp would get really hot, as if someone has flushed the toilet somewhere! I have never experienced that in a hotel before. Our room was a partial beach view on the 8th floor, The view was beautiful. The place was very clean and the staff were nice. Bongos' is one of our favorites! Great fish tacos! I am just not sure if I would stay there again. If you do stay, just make sure your room is far away from the elevator and ice machine!

Room Tip: Avoid room #819!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family