We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews,and we were not disappointed! The hotel was much better than I had imagined it based on what I paid for the room. First of all, it was CLEAN. The interior was modern, and every single bathroom in the place was spotless (I have two children, and I think we visited every ladies' room in there!). The room was clean and comfortable and had a tile floor, microwave, fridge, DVD player (Redbox across the street at the supermarket), full-size hairdryer with good power, and drawers in the bathroom vanity. The room had attractive plantation blinds- no nasty old curtains-but the blinds let in a lot of light in the morning, so bring an eye mask if the morning light will bother you.
We ate at all three on-property restaurants. Bongos was a step above what I was expecting on the food quality. I thought it would be kinda bad bar food, but it was actually quite good, and the service was friendly and efficient. The revolving rooftop restaurant was a real treat, we all loved the view. I asked them to customize a vegetarian pasta dish and my request was honored. Try the key lime pie at Bongos or Spinners, it was great. We also ate at the breakfast room one day. I had an omelet a la carte and my family had the buffet. It was about what you would expect, nothing more, nothing less. With a Publix supermarket so close, you can go get food and have breakfast on the balcony in your room.
We had planned on doing other activities during our stay, such as the Dali museum, but we loved the beach so much we didn't leave the property the entire time. Be careful, the sun is very strong here and we all got a bit burnt despite our best efforts. The pool is nice, but we didn't use it much because the gulf of Mexico is so calm and beautiful. We really loved this hotel and plan on making this an annual trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. Featuring 4 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Level 11 Rooftop Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 3 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center St. Pete Beach, Florida