Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great hotel, the room was on the small side but it was well maintained. The staff was excellent. 2 great restaurants (Bongos Beach Bar and Spinners) Great location. Close to many restaurants. Great views and a right on the beach.
Nitpicks; No hot tub or spa and they could comb the beach every morning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Convenient price and location! Rooms are well equipped. Not spacious but just fine for two people, more people would've made it cozy. Handled kids setting off evacuation process with fireworks very professionally. Woke up to evacuation announcement but had the problem solved within 3 flights down and back to our rooms we went. Only issue I had was house keeping. For tiles floors at the beach, they still need to be vacuumed and mopped daily. Neither of the attendants did that after I requested it twice. There was sand we could feel on the tile and our feet were dirty within 10 minutes of taking a shower. We were only there three nights so I can't complain much. If we had been there longer I would've addressed it with the front desk. Overall very satisfied with the stay! Beach and sunsets are wonderful!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Cindy V
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had a fabulous stay here, in one of the amazing penthouse suites! The room was immaculately clean and had a gorgeous view of the beach. The staff was friendly and wonderful! Most importantly of course is that the beach was clean and beautiful! The beach was not overly crowded, but obviously had a lot of people on it since it was a resort complex. Bongo's was a lot of fun, and had great drinks, and it was also nice to literally be on the beach at the bar. Overall I had a fantastic stay, and I shall return!

Room Tip: Go with the beachfront, or if you really want an amazing view, then penthouses!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was my 3rd trip to Grand PLaza and will certainly not be my last. The Hotel is very clean and the Hotel staff were as always a pleasure to deal with!! I had questions about day trips, best places to eat in the area ect, The staff exceeded my expectations again!..Bongo's on the Beach was fantastic to sit,watch sunset and have a meal. Other hotels can take lessons from this place.....We will be back...Keep up the great work!!!!

The Bird Family!!!!!

Room Tip: You want a semi-Gulf room view or full Gulf room view...With the personel patio a great place to wat...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My boyfriend and I are locals and took a staycation to St Pete beach and this hotel did not disappoint. We stayed two nights and on our first night we were checked into a beachfront room on the 2nd floor. It was close to the pool deck and did not feel very private. People were staring at us the entire time we were enjoying the patio. We requested to be moved to a higher floor to ensure our privacy and Brad at the front desk checked us into a room on the 3rd floor for the first night then on the 2nd night we stayed on the 9th floor! The views were beautiful. We appreciated their great customer service, flexibility, and understanding! The room was clean and comfortable and the fridge and microwave were very convenient. We ordered steaks from room service and they were fantastic. The buffet breakfast downstairs was OK but nice service. Probably better to go to the IHOP across the street. The pool deck was nice but we wished their were more spots with shade available to us. Overrall beautiful stay!

Room Tip: Definitely pay for the beachfront room. It is worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate N
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for five days on family vacation. The location is great! Directly on the beach. The staff is great and very friendly. No hidden resort fees. I highly recommend the gulf front room. It is worth the extra money. Drawbacks...small swimming pool that closes at ten. Not that big of a deal! I would stay here again if I return!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mollie B
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My fiancé and I just needed to get away from our busy schedules. I've never been to the gulf before so it was the perfect place to go.. We both had a relaxing and fun trip. The food was great, the beach was geaorgouse, and the view was to die for. Even though is rained our entire trip, it was the best mini vacation ever.. We both wish we could have stayed longer. It's was like we both forgot we only live 2hours away. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014