“Gets better everytime we go back”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We are from Woodbridge,Ontario,Canada and we booked the place for may 4th,but the first time we pulled in this place we called it home away from home and sure enough we have gone back every year to book from 2002 and cant wait to go back.This isnt a high rise and isnt a 6 star,but one thing i will tell you that keeps going back is the family that owns and operates this resort and of course the employees that are very pleasant ,and go out of there way to make your stay a pleasant one .The place is very family friendly and very ,very safe but most of all very clean.A food store called Publix right across the street and all sorts of shopping in and around the St Petersburg area.Walmart Superstore is exactly a 5 minute drive from this resort with food shopping in there as well.Please feel free to contact us for any info relating this review and take it from the ones like us who go every year .......

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Vince1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)

Reviewed 2 June 2011

My husband and I have been there 3 times, 2 of which we invited extended family with our God Daughters. Absolutely love this place. Kid friendly, adult friendly, just wonderful all the way around. The service is impeccable, house keeping is wonderful, they are always looking to improve the grounds - whether it be replanting or power washing. The sunsets are beautiful from the pool deck or the deck just outside the pool area that sit directly on the white sands of St. Pete Beach. Fantastic location as well. We will never stay anywhere else but our little corner of paradise called Plaza Beach!

2  Thank kiddoclp
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I have been looking forward to trying this hotel for awhile now. I came across it by chance while searching for a quaint, "old florida" style motel right on St Pete Beach. I just came back from 10 days at the Plaza Beach and I loved everything about it! The rooms had free wi-fi and I was able to talk with my friends back home (and brag about the beach etc!). The pool was lovely and refreshing. Everything was sparkling clean. It is the nicest place I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. The beach is beautiful, the sunsets are amazing. There are places to soak up the sun, or relax in the shade under a tiki umbrella- divine!.
The bathroom was recently renovated and it was lovely. The hotel supplies shampoo and conditioner AND a good quality blow dryer too.
The bed was comfortable and I slept very well as the resort is quiet at night.
I feel that the owners and staff of Plaza Beach Hotel have thought of everything.
The gardens are lovely and the whole grounds are very well maintained. They really put alot of work into this place.
There is a grocery store, restaurants, pubs, drug store, etc all within a block.
The trolley stop is right outside the hotel too- which can take you to pass-a grill or Clearwater Beach. This hotel is suitable for singles, couples, families with children.

I will definitely be back- soon hopefully!

Room Tip: all rooms are within steps of the beach
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank iheartflorida
Reviewed 29 May 2011

This is the 2nd time that we have stayed at Plaza Beach Hotel, and are looking forward to a 3rd time!

In 2006, when I was a guest at a different hotel, I used the computers in the Plaza Beach lobby for a nominal fee. I was so impressed with the friendliness of the staff that I told my husband, "When we come here again, I want to stay at the Plaza Beach."

In 2010, our first visit to Plaza Beach, our car broke down and we missed our flight to Florida. I cancelled our package with Expedia which automatically cancelled the room as well as the flight. The Expedia representative got Rob, the manager, on the phone, and Rob was very professional and reassured me that I did not lose my room, that since we were getting in much later than anticipated, that they would just leave our room key in the room with the light turned on, and I could come down and make payment arrangements the next morning. We went on to have a most lovely vacation!

In 2011, the Plaza Beach Hotel did not disappoint again! My husband and I stayed for 7 days from May 21 to May 28. Computers in the lobby are free for guests. The rooms also have Wi-Fi, which I didn't use because I didn't bring my own computer. We were impressed with the maintenance staff who worked hard every day to make the facilities more attractive. We love walking straight out from the hotel through the sand into the Gulf. They have a hose for washing sand off your feet and shoes, and they keep sand swept up off the patios. The tiki huts are a perfect touch for enjoying a glass (or bottle!) of wine and listening to the ocean at night.

This hotel has so many amenities that we have not had opportunity to explore. They have shuffleboard, and miniature golf, and a giant chess board. They have a happy hour from 4 to 5 every day, which unfortunately we have only enjoyed one time. We have walked up and down the beach, and the Plaza Beach has one of the best locations on the beach. They also have a lovely guest bathroom right off the lobby. We saw other guests there this year that we saw last year. They have four rooms with superior gulf views and little balconies; we hope to get one of those rooms some time.

I hate to give this hotel too high of a rating for fear it may be booked the next time we want to go to Florida :) I can only assume that any negatives reviews are from persons who feel the same way, and want to keep the Plaza Beach all to themselves!

1  Thank VioletHolmes
Reviewed 27 May 2011

We love it here ,always meet the greatest people. We always feel like family, and the most beautiful beach ever.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank devmad
Reviewed 26 May 2011

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank devmad
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My husband and I had the greatest time at this vacation spot .The hotel and it,s grounds were spotless The staff were amazing,helpful and very friendly.the clerk at the desk ,Catrina was beyound helpful and kind and our housekepper was very sweet.Her name was Besera and she kept our room very nice.What more can I say .The pool was awsome the beach was breathtaking,we would go back in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms are nice