I came here with my parents and boyfriend for a 26th Birthday get-away long weekend. The price of the hotel was really great considering it is RIGHT on the beach. The pool was small but, because there are only 30 some rooms, there were never that many people in or around the pool so that was really nice.
The motel was tacky and dated looking on the exterior but the rooms were nicely updated though the bathroom was tiny. The only big problem we had with our room was our AC until was not filtering any of the moisture out of the air and possibly pushing moisture in the room because everything was extremely damp; sheets, clothes, towels and our swimwear and beach towels never dried. When we tried to tell the front desk they just tols us that was "normal". The other rooms had buckets outside to catch the water from the AC and we notice that daily people were having to empty them. Our bucket was bone dry so clearly something was not working correctly.
The staff was friendly enough but, being my 26th Birthday, I was hoping to find some entertaining things to do that 20-somethings would enjoy and the front desk had very little to suggest. They did suggest we go to an area that they said had plenty of shopping and entertainment (not John's Pass) and when we got there the few stores that were once there were now out of business. It was a complete waste of a trip.
They offered free high speed internet but the signal was so low that I was not able to connect to it which prevently me from being able to work on the freelance work I had brought with me.
I'm not a fan of big fancy hotels so I thought this would be the perfect fit based on the reviews. I think next time I'll opt for a step up and something a little more adult friendly, rather than kid friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Plaza Beach Hotel Beachfront Resort is an award winning boutique resort of only 39 suites on the tropical island of St Pete Beach. St Pete Beach was voted #1 Beach in America by tripadvisor and is famous for its sugar white beaches. Plaza Beach Resort is situated directly on the beach with a large beachside pool overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Imagine yourself relaxing in the pool while watching a breathtaking orange/purple sunset melt into the gulf. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with full kitchen; great for large families, couples or the business traveler who wants all the amenities of home. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Plaza Beach Resort has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach/Pool Towels, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Shuffleboard, FREE 4-hole Mini-Golf, FREE Human-size Chess, FREE BBQ Area, FREE Business Center, FREE Fitness Room, FREE parking and FREE Fishing off of our private piers just across the street. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 1988. The family is still very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Saint Pete Beach
- Plaza Beach Saint Pete
- Plaza Beach Resort
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida