“Awesome!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wisconsin
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

We stayed at the plaza beach hotel when we vacationed in december. The hotel staff was very helpful and kind. The rooms were awesome and it is close to the beach. We could walk out of our room and be at the beach in seconds. The weather was nice and the beach was beautiful. My only regret was not staying there the whole week we were there. Great price for the amazing quality. I will be back to this resort next year!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Polish first
union, wv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

The hotel was clean and the rooms have been updated. Nice price, friendly staff, will stay there again on our next trip. Only problem we had was with the pillows,... so can't rate
them bad just on that. Thanks

Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

We discovered Plaza Beach Resort by accident a few years back. Once we had, we never considered staying elsewhere. The beachfront location is perfect. All the Plaza Beach rooms have been upgraded. It's affordable. It's comfy. It's clean. It is centrally located to shopping, restaurants. And above all the Family and staff that run Plaza Beach go the extra step to assure that all of our vacation needs are always met. We travel with our 2 kids and their Grandmother. The personal service we receive can not be matched by a high rise chain. We don't need beach bars, attached restaurants or multiple pools. We come back to see friends we have met at Plaza Beach, who come from all over the world, every year. There is a reason we all come back. That reason is how we are treated and made to feel during our stays. Relaxed and welcome. Welcome the the Plaza Beach "Family". Do yourself a favor and email Robert and make a reservation for one if the most relaxing vacations you have had in years.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you for making the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort your yearly getaway to Florida. It’s always a pleasure having your family here. I can’t say enough about your two wonderful kids, Zackary and Mathew; they always put a smile on everyone’s face. We always enjoy their funny comments and their swim’s in the pool with all their toys.

Thank you for sharing your photos and the video that you made. We really enjoy having your family here.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

This is a good place to stay in St. Pete Beach, FL. While researching for hotels what I liked about it is that the owner has replied to most of the comments/reviews. That shows that he is concerned what people think and say about his hotel. The videos on the website are informative, detailed and give a good idea of the property. Me and wife stayed there for 7 days in Nov. Rooms are big, full kitchen, utensils, full refrigerator, microwave, full size dresser, nice clean beds.

I am a location independent professional who travels and works (computer/software related). The one major complain I have with most hotels is that they have few power outlets to connect my laptop/phones and that too in odd places. However in this hotel they have many and all in the right places. The bathrooms are small but clean and well equipped.

They have a good size swimming pool. They have a gym too, though very small, so on days when it was too hot outside, it helped.The biggest attraction of this place was its proximity to the St. Pete Beach. The place is literally right ON the beach. You can't beat the location, it's fantastic. They are close to many restaurants/bars.

My only complain was the internet connect, which was great everywhere except inside my room. I step out of the room and it worked and even on the beach it was great, but didn't work inside. Though it did impact my work a little bit but I'm going to discount that and still give 5 stars to this hotel for its location, service and price. (I have left exactly the same review on Yelp).

Room Tip: This a 2 floor hotel (ground and 1st floor). Choose a room close to the swimming pool or facing the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Thank you for your glowing review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and location. I am also glad to hear that the room was well laid out and functional for your usage. Thank you for leaving us a 5 star, excellent review on Tripadvisor as well as Yelp, it is great appreciated. I also appreciate you bringing to my attention that you had problems connecting Wifi in your room, but outside your room it was fine. Our Wifi service is contracted through a third party, every quarter they come out to check the equipment and test some rooms. I will be sure to have them go through all the rooms again, just like our initial inspection. We should have a flawless signal both inside and outside your room. Thank you again, and I apologize for the added inconvenience.

I am happy that you found our boutique resort and welcome you and your wife to our extend family. I look forward to seeing you both back in the near future.

General Manager/Co-Owner
Family Owned and Operated Since 1988
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

My family spent Thanksgiving weekend at the Plaza Beach Resort and were very pleased with the hotel. This is a very well kept little property with an outstanding location. We had two different rooms, one double and one triple occupancy. Both rooms were spotless and well maintained. I'd have no problem recommending this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

We paid to get a better room with a patio next to the pool (cute, but noisy). Bottom line, this is a sweet place, but I am not sure I would stay again. The bed was not good at all. Yes, they have upgraded the interior look, but the bed was definitely old, hard and uncomfotable (as was the small couch). During the time we were there our room was never cleaned, nor were we brought clean bedding or towels. Not sure if this is because the service person misunderstood us (we asked for no change the first morning as we arrived late the night before), but after that no one cleaned our room, even when we were gone the entire day for two days. They didn't even empty our trash can which we left outside our room. The beach is lovely so if you want that at a low price then you might like this. Remember, it is a motel, not a hotel, so do not expect hotel perks. They do serve beer for an hour in the evening, but they are pretty tight with it. No breakfast, so-so coffee and powdered creamer!? Creamer in this day and age!? Like I said no matter how they "decorate" this place, it is a motel, and the creamer sealed the deal. Blech!

Room Tip: Pay the money, get a room with a patio or balcony. Without it, this is definitely a motel.
1 Thank Lola_George
Thank you for your review. I apologize and I am disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your stay. The few things you mentioned could have easily been taken care of while you were here. We really work hard to ensure that everyone has an extremely positive experience, but if you don’t tell anyone we can’t help you. We have a great staff ready and willing to assist with any issue, even my personal cell phone number is in every room, just in case you need addition assistance or were not happy with the front office resolution. Luckily, I only receive one or two calls a year on my cell phone, because the front office agents are that good at assisting our guest.

Allow me to address a few of your concerns:

1)You upgraded to a Gulf Front with Balcony Suite, but it was noisy. We have only four Gulf Front Suites, two upstairs, and two downstairs; these rooms are very desirable and usually have a wait-list. These rooms are breathtaking; the sliding glass doors open directly to the pool and beach. Being that these rooms are close to the pool, you may hear people giggling, laughing or carrying on a conversation. But I can assure everyone, that there is no loud music, rowdiness, or horseplay around our pool. I don’t know what was meant by noisy, but our pool area is not noisy. However, if there were people acting up or being noisy, that could have been brought to our attention and we would have dealt with it immediately.

2)“bed was old, hard and uncomfortable.” Beds are a never winning battle, everyone has their own preference. Some guest like their beds firm, others want their beds soft. If your bed was hard, it was probably one of our newer mattresses, we buy them firm and they soften over time.

3)You said you asked for no Housekeeping the first day, and did not receive any housekeeping during your two day stay. We do offer daily housekeeping except on Sundays and Holiday, if the next day was a Sunday or Holiday that would be why you didn’t receive service. If it was not, then there must have been a misunderstanding with the housekeeper. However, again, this could have easily been taken care at the time, if we would have known about it.

4)You mentioned that this is motel, not hotel. We are actually neither. We are, as our description on TripAdvisor and our own website shows, a boutique Key West style resort. A motel is a roadside property with very limited or no amenities, usually along a highway, most common are the Motel6 and Super8 brands. A hotel is a property, which has upgraded comfort and provides guest with extra amenities, hotels can be roadside, in large and small cities, and suburban areas. A resort is a property in a specific destination where one can enjoy the amenities of that destination. For example ski resorts, beach resort, or golf resort; these locations have a theme and guest expect to find amenities related to that theme. We are a boutique hotel resort. Which means that we have the amenities of a larger hotel or resort, just in a smaller more private or exclusive setting. There will always some amenities that certain hotels and resorts have, that others do not. For example, many of the large resorts on this beach have multiple restaurants on property, we have no restaurants on property, but we do have 18 restaurants just across the street from our hotel. We also have full kitchens in all our rooms, the large resorts do not. We have boat slips, private fishing piers, and other amenities that our resort offers, that other resorts do not. Our resort does not charge any extra fees, most all large resorts charge a resort fee, parking fees, wifi fees, cabana fee, and much more. That’s why it’s important that everyone does their research before they arrive to find the correct resort for them.

5)The creamer that sealed the deal, which makes us a motel. That’s too funny. I personally use creamer because it had almost no carbohydrates and very little calories compared to milk. Your analogy couldn’t be funnier. That’s like saying that Macaroni Grill, is not a true restaurant because they don’t serve their wine in a wine glass, but in a regular glass. Or better yet, maybe they’re not even an Italian restaurant, because Italians only drink wine from a wine glass, not a regular glass. However you want to look at it.

I love a little bit of humor, so thank you. But on a more serious note, I appreciate your honest review and your rating of three stars out of five. However, three stars is just an Average stay. I know we’re better than Average and most of our guest that stay here also know that we are better than Average. I like to see four out of five stars which is Very Good or five out of five stars which is Excellent. As I mentioned above, I know that if I had the opportunity to make your stay better I would have done so, but you have to let me or anyone of our staff members know that you are not happy with something and we will resolve it. I know that being from Los Angeles, CA, expectations are very different, we don’t market or sell our resort to be the Beverly Hills Hotel or any such. What you see on the pictures and videos is what you get. That’s why I believe we get the very good and excellent rating. I know you mentioned that you probably won’t be back, however, if you change your mind, know that you know what to expect and why I use creamer in my coffee, I always welcome you back.

For everyone reading this, I hate Average, three star reviews. If you are staying with us and there is a problem or concern please let someone know, please give us the opportunity to fix it or make it right. If you leave here and don’t tell anyone, that doesn’t do either one of us any good. Tell us when you experience the problem, not at check-out or on a review after you leave. We will bend over backwards to do what we can do make your stay as enjoyable as possible. That’s my personal guarantee to you, as I mention earlier, my personal cell phone number is in every room.
Bend over Backwards Disclaimer: We cannot make the sun come out if it’s raining. We cannot make a dolphin or manatees appear every time you go on our fishing piers. We cannot extend daylight so you can continue to enjoy the beach and work on your tan. Anything that we can realistically do to make your stay more enjoyable we will do.

General Manager/Co-Owner
Family Owned and Operated since 1988
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Location was awesome. You can see they've updated some things. Room was a bit musty and the sheets showed their age, However it was spacious and stocked with the necessities and very clean. Got up in the morning and watched the sunrise off the beach. Hubby went fishing for free at their sister hotel and he really had fun. loved the tables outside the rooms. Will use again.

• Stayed November 2011