“Old time family style”

GreenLeadersGold level
Gulfport, Florida
“Old time family style”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed in mid-January when the weather was the best. Staff was very helpful with any questions. Room was very confortable and clean. Were surprised how many guests were staying for 1 to 3 month stays. Would definitely stay again because who needs the bling of the higher priced hotels. At home feeling is a must. Save the extra hotel cost for good dinners in St. Pete's Beach.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am SO happy that you enjoyed everything about our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the Front Desk staff and Housekeepers. As you mentioned, we do have many guest that come down from up north and spend the winter with us. All the rooms are spacious and have full kitchens, so it’s their Home Away from Home on the Beach. Our Slogan is “Traditions Start Here” and we have many families that have been visiting us for three generations.

Welcome to our extend family and I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach.
Family Owned and Operated – (We REALLY are, not just saying it)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I'm a little unsure how to review this place because I get the feeling that many of the establishments in St. Pete beach are similar. First of all, they all use words like resort and boutique when what they really mean is verging on motel. This hotel is right on the beach, which i assume is what they charge for. We paid $158, which I did not find unreasonable. I would find more than that unreasonable. It is a beautiful beach. It has what you would want. You can mix a drink and walk out and watch the sunset. They have cute super old little wooden seat thingies. But they go so far out of their way to say how great they are and to say please rate us on Trip Advisor that I wonder why they don't pay more attention to detail. The place was clean and fairly large, but the sheets were old and pilly--they felt like the had sand in them even when they didn't--the pillows were pretty bad, though that's not exclusive to motels. It was arranged oddly so that there was a couch and a coffee table in a weird corner that no one would ever want to sit in. I might be mistaken, but I saw in another room as I passed and I kind of got the impression it was nicer. We were there only two nights, which they normally don't do, so maybe they gave us their worst room, but still. You start to notice details when a place brags about itself, like the grime behind the vanity sink faucet, the crummy 70s style covers on the beds. I don't want to give the impression that i didn't like this place. We had a really nice time there. The water was hot (a must, it was so cold when we were there, and the indoor heat worked well, thank god), the shower good, the free coffee a nice perk,and actually decent coffee. It was clean (silverware was a bit dodgy but not awful) and quiet (except for what sounded like someone moving huge pieces of furniture early Monday morning above us). But it was kind of ugly, like there were no cute touches, There was a wide screen television hung so close to the ceiling that you would probably break your neck trying to watch it, it was a foot above my head. All and all, I would define this as budget, but I think they're trying for more. I would maybe stay again, the pool looked promising, but half the reason I would stay again is that the other places looked equally scary from the outside, and I'd be afraid of where I'd end up. Also, there's a Publix really near by, and a liquor store (though that applies to most of the strip I'd say)

2 Thank miamiamia
Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Plaza Beach Hotel is a family-owned small hotel directly on a large, white sand beach. It is obvious that the family takes personal pride in this property and is truly interested in keeping their guests happy. I continually saw the owner, an older friendly gentleman, cleaning the grounds, while his son managed the business. The day after I complained about a wobbly ironing board it was replaced with a brand new one. Each room comes with a small stove, a microwave, and a decent sized refrigerator, as well as a flat-screen TV and cable. There is also wi-fi, along with two outdoor grills for charcoal grilling, plus a nice heated pool overlooking the beach. This place is not luxurious - there is no bar or restaurant on the premises, and no spa or fitness room, but there is all you need to provide your family with a memorable time at a beautiful beach and at a reasonable cost. The location is also convenient - with a Publix supermarket just a short walk away and all sorts of restaurants nearby. I gravitated toward this property after seeing the Trip Advisor reviews of people complaining of the noise and other problems with some other nearby hotels versus all the positive reviews for the Plaza Beach Resort. If the young adults in your group want the loud music and bar scene - that is available just down the road - while you relax in the quiet and serenity of this friendly and unassuming hotel. The owners take pride in the large number of "repeat" guests who come back year after year. My wife and I were very happy with our stay at Plaza Beach and we plan on returning when we have the chance.

Room Tip: Except for the rooms directly facing the beach, the even numbered rooms face the parking lot while t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The owners are very accommodating, ensuring their guests receive ultimate satisfaction from their visit. The free social hour with beer or wine is a wonderful idea and encourages socializing and meeting one's fellow guests to share tips about sightseeing and recommended restaurants. The prices are reasonable for clean, comfortable accommodations, with wireless internet, heated pool, and beach access. We had a very enjoyable stay.

ILLINOIS
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend there. The room was clean and comfortable. It was a great location with the beach on site and many restaurants nearby. The social hour with complimentary beverages was very nice and a great time to meet other guest.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My husband and I are not new to this great, relaxing resort on a private St. Pete's beach.
We have been spending our week getaways at the Plaza Beach for 10 years now, but
my parents found this heavenly hideaway back in the sixty's and brought my sister and I
on yearly trips in August. We love the convience of restaurants and Publix shopping
right outside our door. The owners are wonderful people, making sure that your stay is
great. They have developed a wonderful clientele over the years and we feel like a part
of the Plaza Beach family.
Susie and David Delagarza from Allen Park, Michigan

1 Thank SusanD29545
Minnesota
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I had always wanted to stay in a room with a balcony overlooking the beach. I found the
perfect one. I can not find anything negative to say about the Plaza. Except that our stay
was too short. We stayed for 5 nights. The room was very clean and had everything we
needed. The kitchen had the toaster, coffee maker and dishes. There was a built in hot
plate but we didn't need it. We could walk to the Publix, and other stores and restaurants.
The people were very nice and friendly. There was coffee in the AM in the internet cafe.
At 4PM they had wine and beer for everyone. The room was always full of people visiting.
We met people who came from many states and canada. People who had been coming
there for many years. Some who were staying for months.
AWESOME beach and sunsets. We loved it and miss it being back in Minnesota.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple