“Only wish we had more time to stay”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed for 4 day with an other couple both rooms were great we were able to cook breakfast if we wanted and we did had lunch even a cook out at the grills pool was nice location was great people staff and guest were great over all it was a 10.I would stay there again, I used priceline so it was from reviews like this that I used to choose this hotel so stay and enjoy! Thanks

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marty T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,967)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

A very well run, family owned beachfront hotel. Has lots of long time winter residents so it can be hard to get a room, but it you can, book it! Can be hard to book for short visits.
You can walk out the front right onto a very large white sand beach where you can stroll for miles. Has a nice heated pool, shuffleboard court and corn hole court.
Staff and other residents are very friendly and helpful. Can get good tips about where to eat at Happy Hour.
Rooms are modern, recently remodeled, and very functional.
All in all, I plan to stay here the next time we are in St Pete Beach.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are not on parking lot side and have less traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you so much for your Great Review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. I look forward to seeing you back next year, and showing all the new ideas we for our guest. You left mid-February so you did see are new Beachside Café that opened on Mar.05.2010 under our large Tiki next to the pool and beach. That’s one of the many new things we have in store for 2012/2013.

Thanks again for your review and we’ll see you in 2013

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were there in Feb 2012 for 5 nights. On the plus side, it was clean, the staff was friendly, and the beach location was great. The pool is pretty nice and you can tell they have put some money into the place recently.

On the less than ideal side, it looks more like a motel 6 than a "resort". Lots of neon lights and small rooms with exterior entrances. We were disappointed when we first arrived (first impression). The beds were worn and uncomfortable, the couch had a piece of plywood under the cushion making it feel more like a park bench. Not things you expect in a "resort".

So it wasn't horrible, but I think there are better values in the area.

Room Tip: Upstairs is best if you can handle the stairs.
5  Thank Jim V
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just returned from four nights here. Check in was in the afternoon but we got there at ten a.m. and were told we could leave luggage in office and they would call when room was ready--we were in our room by 11:30. Staff was great and the guests staying there were super nice. The motel offers a happy hour with wine and beer every afternoon so everyone staying got to know each other. Many guests have been coming here for 15 to 20 years and stay up to 3 months.Great location and a very at home feel.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed in mid-January when the weather was the best. Staff was very helpful with any questions. Room was very confortable and clean. Were surprised how many guests were staying for 1 to 3 month stays. Would definitely stay again because who needs the bling of the higher priced hotels. At home feeling is a must. Save the extra hotel cost for good dinners in St. Pete's Beach.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I am SO happy that you enjoyed everything about our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the Front Desk staff and Housekeepers. As you mentioned, we do have many guest that come down from up north and spend the winter with us. All the rooms are spacious and have full kitchens, so it’s their Home Away from Home on the Beach. Our Slogan is “Traditions Start Here” and we have many families that have been visiting us for three generations.

Welcome to our extend family and I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach.
Family Owned and Operated – (We REALLY are, not just saying it)

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I'm a little unsure how to review this place because I get the feeling that many of the establishments in St. Pete beach are similar. First of all, they all use words like resort and boutique when what they really mean is verging on motel. This hotel is right on the beach, which i assume is what they charge for. We paid $158, which I did not find unreasonable. I would find more than that unreasonable. It is a beautiful beach. It has what you would want. You can mix a drink and walk out and watch the sunset. They have cute super old little wooden seat thingies. But they go so far out of their way to say how great they are and to say please rate us on Trip Advisor that I wonder why they don't pay more attention to detail. The place was clean and fairly large, but the sheets were old and pilly--they felt like the had sand in them even when they didn't--the pillows were pretty bad, though that's not exclusive to motels. It was arranged oddly so that there was a couch and a coffee table in a weird corner that no one would ever want to sit in. I might be mistaken, but I saw in another room as I passed and I kind of got the impression it was nicer. We were there only two nights, which they normally don't do, so maybe they gave us their worst room, but still. You start to notice details when a place brags about itself, like the grime behind the vanity sink faucet, the crummy 70s style covers on the beds. I don't want to give the impression that i didn't like this place. We had a really nice time there. The water was hot (a must, it was so cold when we were there, and the indoor heat worked well, thank god), the shower good, the free coffee a nice perk,and actually decent coffee. It was clean (silverware was a bit dodgy but not awful) and quiet (except for what sounded like someone moving huge pieces of furniture early Monday morning above us). But it was kind of ugly, like there were no cute touches, There was a wide screen television hung so close to the ceiling that you would probably break your neck trying to watch it, it was a foot above my head. All and all, I would define this as budget, but I think they're trying for more. I would maybe stay again, the pool looked promising, but half the reason I would stay again is that the other places looked equally scary from the outside, and I'd be afraid of where I'd end up. Also, there's a Publix really near by, and a liquor store (though that applies to most of the strip I'd say)

2  Thank miamiamia
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Plaza Beach Hotel is a family-owned small hotel directly on a large, white sand beach. It is obvious that the family takes personal pride in this property and is truly interested in keeping their guests happy. I continually saw the owner, an older friendly gentleman, cleaning the grounds, while his son managed the business. The day after I complained about a wobbly ironing board it was replaced with a brand new one. Each room comes with a small stove, a microwave, and a decent sized refrigerator, as well as a flat-screen TV and cable. There is also wi-fi, along with two outdoor grills for charcoal grilling, plus a nice heated pool overlooking the beach. This place is not luxurious - there is no bar or restaurant on the premises, and no spa or fitness room, but there is all you need to provide your family with a memorable time at a beautiful beach and at a reasonable cost. The location is also convenient - with a Publix supermarket just a short walk away and all sorts of restaurants nearby. I gravitated toward this property after seeing the Trip Advisor reviews of people complaining of the noise and other problems with some other nearby hotels versus all the positive reviews for the Plaza Beach Resort. If the young adults in your group want the loud music and bar scene - that is available just down the road - while you relax in the quiet and serenity of this friendly and unassuming hotel. The owners take pride in the large number of "repeat" guests who come back year after year. My wife and I were very happy with our stay at Plaza Beach and we plan on returning when we have the chance.

Room Tip: Except for the rooms directly facing the beach, the even numbered rooms face the parking lot while t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family