“2nd time around”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 November 2013

my wife and I are just back from our 2nd visit to the plaza beach,We obviously enjoyed our 1st and yes we enjoyed our 2nd.Staff are helpful and friendly,accommodation is clean and adequately furnished but best of all is its location,right on the beach.
We had a gulf view room with a balcony and it was well worth the extra few dollars.
We did notice there appears to be quite a few repeat customers to the plaza beach so they are obviously doing something right.We,ll be back.
M and B Dublin.

Room Tip: gulf view,well worth the extra
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Maurice,

Thank you for a great review! I’m glad you enjoyed both of your stays. The Gulf Front with Balcony Suite offers an amazing view from the private balcony. I welcome you to the family of Plaza Beach repeat guests! We are thrilled to induct you into the club along with all of our other happy repeat guests. I look forward to seeing you next time!

Robert Czyszczon, General Manager
Plaza Beach Resorts
“Traditions Start Here"

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had always a good time staying at the Plaza Beach Hotel.The Crew made a lot of things possible to make our vacation as nice as it can be.
The pool area is nice and clean and every room we had so far was always comfortable.We have been there already more than 6 times in october or november .Everybody had fun there ,our children ,my parents
and us of course

Room Tip: The oceanfront on the 2nd floor were perfect with a wonderful view to the beach and ocean
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Plaza Beach in Mid-October during our wedding trip in St. Pete Beach. We were getting married at a different hotel down the beach, but needed a place to stay for a couple nights before changing properties. The hotel was older, but well kept up. The staff was very friendly and accommodating as well. The hotel promotes a very "community" type feel and encourages socialization with other guests through things like free beer/wine happy hour each day in the office building and outdoor cabana seating right outside each room. If you're looking for a reasonably priced, clean/well-kept property directly located on the beach...I would consider this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We booked our room on line sight unseen. Have not been to this part of Florida before so we were not sure what to expect. We were pleasantly suprised! We came in a day early and Shelly was very helpful in accommodating us. We stayed 4 nights. The family atmosphere of a local business is exactly what we were looking for right on the beach! Had that down home feel. Also like the fact that it has the kitchenette. The location for us was perfect in that we left very early in the a.m.to go to Fort De Soto for birding came back to the pool/beach for the afternoon. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great value hotel not the Ritz.One bed in room 110 was sqeaky but I still give the thumbs up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Plaza Beach Hotel. It is clearly an older hotel with some minor upgrades in the rooms.
The Room:There is a refrigerator, small cooktop stove and a microwave. Dishes and utilities provided. They are a "Eco Friendly" hotel so they do not provide travel shampoo/conditioner. There is a dispenser in the shower which was pretty cool. The bathrooms are SMALL. They are as wide as the length of the tub. There's a small sink and toilet. I think there was something wrong with our tub as there awash water UNDER the tub floor. I've never experienced this and don't know if that is something that is actually supposed to be there? I didn't like it because I got dizzy when shampooing my hair with my eyes closed. Poor ventilation in the bathroom too. Steams up pretty badly even if water not hot. The beds are probably the worst part of the room. They aren't comfortable at all and the mattresses look old and brown. The sheets are old. Ours had several holes in them. There is a wooden board between the mattress and box spring. I really hated them. They appeared clean though.
The hotel's location was nice being right on the long white sandy beach. There was no tiki bar. There may be one during busier times but not when we stayed. It would've been nice to order a drink while by the pool or on the beach. They do offer a happy hour with wine and beer. There is a small pool. It is not heated and is actually a salt water pool. We came with 3 children 6, 9, and 11. While I did see some other children, there were primarily Seniors here. They were always in the pool area or at the happy hour. They seemed to "run the place" and appeared annoyed if our kids wanted to be in the pool. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for families.
Overall, it's a good basic hotel. Not sure I'd stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Liz,

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed our location, full kitchens and green friendly amenity dispensers. I do apologize for the minor issues during your stay. I will have maintenance take a look at the bathroom tub and vents. As I have mentioned, our beds and linens are being replaced next month. The current mattresses are only a few years old, but I am not satisfied with the quality and that is why we are replacing all of them now. The pool is heated year round to 85 degrees. There are many seniors and snowbirds visiting this time of year and I can’t attest to why they would seem bothered by children since there are always kids here. Plaza Beach Resorts welcomes families, couples and singles of all ages. We are truly family owned and operated and pride ourselves on offering families a great value and a place to make wonderful memories. I welcome your family back to give us an opportunity to shine in the areas where we regrettably fell short.

Robert Czyszczon, General Manager
Plaza Beach Resorts

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I wanted a week away from it all and we found it ! The rooms were exactly what we needed,very clean and comfortable. The small kitchen area was a added bonus as there was a grocery store a block away. The staff always had a smile,hello and what can we do to make your stay perfect. I can't say enough about the pool, beach and sunsets in October at the Plaza Beach Hotel ,FANTASTIC. This was our first time staying in this area but after talking to the many guests, some that have been coming back for over 40 years we are planning a week for next October. We found our get away destination !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The purpose my trip was fun and relaxation with my daughter, her maid of honor, and one of my dear friends. We wanted beach time and we were trying to save some money. We stayed in room 115 and I fully expecting a parking lot view. We actually had a small part of a window looking straight to the ocean. This hotel seemed more like a 50's style motel. It was very clean, very homey... The staff were friendly and accommodating. Publix is in walking distance and Plaza Beach even offers a cart if you choose to walk there. A liquor store and a mini shopping plaza is near the Publix and there are many restaurants in the area.

Our room had a large refrigerator/freezer, 2 burner stove, small sink, and a microwave. We stocked up with drinks, breakfast, and lunch foods and planned on eating out for dinner. We did not take advantage of the daily happy hour but we did stop by for coffee and smiles in the morning. There are puzzles and games as well as many books and tourist brochures in the coffee/happy hour room.

I felt very safe while here and would definitely stay again. Look at the virtual tour. If you are looking to stay somewhere to maximize beach time, this is the place. Jackie was wonderful at check-in and made us feel very welcome. Tami helped at check out and was also very pleasant. Every other employee we saw there always had a smile.

Oh, and many people commented on the beds. Ours were squeaky and I'm assuming ours were the old ones. It was listed as 2 queen and I think they were more full size but they weren't horrible and I had read other reviews so I didn't have false expectations. If you are looking for luxury, people fawning over you, etc., this might not be the best place for you. But if you are looking for quick access to the beach, this is it. Oh, they also have some grills available near the pool and gaming area if you choose to grill out!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 115. Room 117 seems to have the best view and a fenced in patio area. If room 117...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family